IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cutiekitty

Cutiekitty Well-Known Member

I thought he said 30 months, but I was 1/2 paying attention. Going to relisten to the interview.

The 2 year anniversary was about 3 months ago.

LadyL, bluenoser, Charlot123 and 7 others like this.

2. SilentRogue

SilentRogue On Time Out

Absolutely.

Moonracer, IQuestion, Suglo and 5 others like this.
  3. tresir2012

tresir2012 Former Member

I am hopeful. I have to believe LE know everyone that was at the trail that day and while they still are getting tips in the thousands coming in, they will get there.

4. Jax49

Jax49 Florida Native

I believe you are correct. I definitely hear THIRTY months. moo

LadyL, Quiltgirl, bluenoser and 5 others like this.
  5. Rosegold68

Rosegold68 Well-Known Member

this thread moves so fast i can't keep up (different time zone,i'm in UK)

its probably been discussed but two things bother me

1/ if he's a sc user and this is how he's found out their movements then surely he would take the phones with him? he would know a lot of info would be on there....also,was it just one girls phone found or both?

2/ are we absolutely certain this man is the killer? or is he a red herring? could it be he was a witness and nothing to do with it?

6. Jax49

Jax49 Florida Native

Only one girl had a phone with her. And, yes that makes a lot of sense. Personally, I don't believe he was following on SC.

LE seems to be clear they believe BG is the killer. moo

IQuestion, Tarika, Brubon and 7 others like this.
  7. Jax49

Jax49 Florida Native

Thank you so much! I do believe there is one correction that needs to be made.

Where he talks about how long, I believe he says THIRTY months, not three months.

alj65, IQuestion, Tarika and 7 others like this.
  8. Miya

Miya Well-Known Member

https://www.med.wisc.edu/news-and-e...opaths-brains-differences-structure-function/

Quotes from link:

The study showed that psychopaths have reduced connections between the ventromedial prefrontal cortex (vmPFC), the part of the brain responsible for sentiments such as empathy and guilt, and the amygdala, which mediates fear and anxiety.

"The combination of structural and functional abnormalities provides compelling evidence that the dysfunction observed in this crucial social-emotional circuitry is a stable characteristic of our psychopathic offenders," Newman says.

9. TheVisual

TheVisual Well-Known Member

Ok, they have swabbed him. I turned him in within two weeks of the murders but they didn't swab him until a year plus later. But if they asked him where he was on the Feb. 13th . date and he told them, would they follow up and check it out. Would they do that for every call that has been made to LE?

IQuestion, 8paws, bluenoser and 5 others like this.
  10. tresir2012

tresir2012 Former Member

He himself may not be a SC user.

E.g. Dad, my friends Libby and Abbey are going to the trails today. Can I go with them?

No you have to go to your mother's house and I have errands to run.

Moo

anonymess, x_files, IQuestion and 9 others like this.
  11. tresir2012

tresir2012 Former Member

Now the new sketch is out, what do you think? Would your tip still be valid?

I would think they would have to check the alibi as the DNA could take months, even years in some cases, to be tested.

8paws, Jazzy5980, MizStery and 4 others like this.
  12. TL4S

TL4S Well-Known Member

Broken record here, but I was thinking about Carter's comment on May 7th about the vehicle being part of the reason they think BG's local. Yes, the vehicle helped him get around quickly that day, but I wonder if they have something more. An Indiana license plate, maybe?

They obviously don't have a license number, but a grainy photo or witness might at least have caught the state. JMO Sorry, I'm obsessed with the vehicle...

Wells, IQuestion, 8paws and 8 others like this.
  13. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Well-Known Member

Tiger Stripes said:
    @insearchoflight: With all due respect, and as always, MOO, I disagree. I believe that they have the suspect's physical location pinned down to GPS coordinates (but at this very moment, he believes he's gotten away with this, "scot-free").

Jumping in this to ask: Is it possible they were able to triangulate the cell phone signals for the afternoon of Feb 13, and came up with a location matching where the vehicle of interest at the old DCS office parking lot was?

If vehicle belonged to BG, maybe he left his cell in his car while he did his murdering, because he thought he was smart enough to realize he shouldn't walk around with his cell due to location app?

anonymess, x_files, Rural_PC and 15 others like this.
  14. Cutiekitty

True. SC is a pain for LE. JMO, but I suspect LE would say it’s a fact.

IQuestion, DancingMuse and Rocky1 like this.
  15. TL4S

TL4S Well-Known Member

There's trailhead parking right next to the DCS building's lot. LE is pretty specific about the DCS lot. I don't know if triangulation is that pinpoint accurate, but you have me curious now, too.

I do think, however, that if they had cell phone information, they'd have his ID, and he'd already be arrested.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  16. TL4S

TL4S Well-Known Member

And now, to question myself:

If LE has the make/model or possible Indiana state plate (or number), how could they not have already tracked down the owner? There are thousands of cars in that county, but only so many that would match up with a specific description. Maybe LE interviewed all the owners of vehicles like this, and alibi's checked out? Or BG wasn't the owner of the vehicle and the owner is covering or wasn't aware he had it at the time?

With LE asking for a description and owner, maybe they are trying to disprove an alibi? Maybe I've already had WAY too much coffee this morning?

Wells, 8paws, Razz and 7 others like this.
  17. Cutiekitty

It’s possible I suppose (and really hope). I was just thinking of all of the things I use that track location. I have navigation built into my car. If he’s local I doubt he used car nav though.

If he’s like a whole lot of people he’s got a smart phone. On my phone I have apps that track location data like find my iPhone, FB, SC and mapping. If he had his phone and location data was on for any app that uses it then I would think LE can get that info.

If the phone is off then nope.

18. TheVisual

TheVisual Well-Known Member

New sketch, not at all. Old sketch was close but not what I'm seeing in the video.

19. Cutiekitty

Me too. I replied to a post and was talking about my car nav and I said if he was local he wouldn’t need navigation. You got me thinking though...What if he had Onstar or a similar service? Do they track all the time? Could LE request all users in a location at a certain time and date. I’m positive this has come up in previous threads, but I’m throwing it out here now anyway. I’m still working through old posts while keeping up with new ones.

20. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Well-Known Member

Just playing devil's advocate here, but it could be a burner phone.

x_files, alj65, IQuestion and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.