IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mind your biscuits

Mind your biscuits Well-Known Member

I was just thinking, I wonder if LE showed the witnesses photographs of the other witnesses? Obviously not telling them who they are. They must have right?

2. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

This behavior, if we are thinking JP-type killer, is not totally unlike OCD, but in a different form. It is triggered by a different need, but whoever has “normal” OCD, knows that it comes and goes. Distraction is probably the best form of dealing with it, and serial killers may stop killing when they are married. I think presence of another human being ties them up to reality. But left to own thoughts, they eventually come to the same impulses. MOO totally. I was interested in GRK, and he had a pattern with several long periods in between murders.

3. MDATCA

MDATCA Well-Known Member

The 8 minutes sounds reasonable considering LE said the crime began within minutes of DTH. A thought I had that would explain why 8 minutes and not the entire time until the phone battery died and why BG did not take it is maybe it got wet in the creek. The battery would still be working and the phone pinging but the screen may have shorted out. He may have thought it was destroyed and did not bother with it.

alj65, Alisajo, Backstroke10 and 6 others like this.
  4. Charlot123

I don’t think he was in disguise, but maybe scarf over lower part of the face? I honestly can’t even tell if he is Caucasian male from this video. I mean, statistically, if he lives in Delphi, yes. But from the photo, he could also be a mixed Hispanic/Caucasian, for example. I mean, LE has to have something to be so sure he is a Caucasian male, of certain height/weight. I hope they have DNA, but today I am not so sure of anything.

x_files, susiQ and DancingMuse like this.
  5. tresir2012

tresir2012 Oh! What a tangled web we weave....

I'm not discussing it, or even looking for it because I didn't quote it. :)

ilovechili, susiQ and DancingMuse like this.
  6. ab01

ab01 "What is done in the dark always comes to light"

That part was a general statement not directed at anyone, I should have made that clear.

My apologies

IQuestion, susiQ, JaneEyre and 2 others like this.
  7. dub

dub Well-Known Member

First person in history to be convicted based on goat DNA.

8. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Yes, I think that he was probably trying to be indiscreet, but they noticed him following them and that's why they mentioned him. They suspected something was strange about him and they were right.
    In regard to the image of him from the video, maybe it's because it's slightly out of focus and blurry that his nose appears "bulbous." It could be because of the angle in which it was taken, or as a result of shadows or pixels and everything else people have mentioned. Also, the witnesses, or witness, who described what he looked like probably had that image in their minds and that may have had some influence in the way they described him.
    Either way, we know he is quite different from the way he first appeared in the original sketch, and I don't think its because he wore a disguise. Imo

9. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

Murdered Indiana Girls’ Families Describe Search Efforts The Day Their Teens Disappeared

Dr Phil show - Dec/17

The link above contains a very informative brief snip of the show, particularly for people who’ve just became interested in the case.

Thread #76 also includes discussion of the show and the source of the information that the video was taken at appx 2:30pm.

At the very end of this video Dr Phil also refers to 41 minutes. That’s the timeframe between the 2:30pm video and 3:11pm, Derrick’s no answer call to Libby as he was almost arriving at the trail.

Spr Carter and Kelsi were sitting in the front row of the audience and that’s why they’re not seen in this short video.

Per Dr. Phil interview:
    1:30 drop-off
    2:07 pictures posted
    2:30 approximate time of BG video
    3:11 DG called Libby
    3:14 DG started walking the trails
    3:30 DG could not find, other family called
    4:00 MP was called
    5:15 Police were called by MP
    6:00 Search was on
    - per post #1194
    Found Deceased - IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #76

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    Wells, alj65, Alisajo and 19 others like this.
  10. Charlot123

It is hilarious, but not so unreasonable for historic genealogy. This is how historians found out that a certain group of Italians, indeed, once arrived from Anatolia (Troy?). By studying the DNA of bulls in Calabria and comparing it to other bulls of the world to find common markers.

11. tresir2012

IMO I think the sun shining off the side of his face and nose made it appear large. I remember posters calling it a potato nose and I had never heard that expression before.

8paws, x_files, Mo Thuairim and 5 others like this.
  12. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

You could very well be right, but my amateur speculation sees him as a practiced and skilled killer, this not being his first attack. I do believe there is a connection to other notable crimes.

His precision doesn’t speak to a novice. Albeit, he underestimated the “Libby factor”, our little heroine who captured the voice and video.
    Amazing young woman.

Time will tell, but one thing is for sure. I am eagerly anticipating the capture of the Coward. He should start getting used to jumpsuits.
    Coward.

Amateur opinion and speculation.

13. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

They do say that there is usually a period of "cooling off" or long breaks between murders in the case of serial killers.
    Deangelo took longer breaks between murders whenever he came close to being caught, or when he was confronted or threatened by a victim.
    If this guy is thinking of killing again, hopefully the impact of Carter's statements and the recent media coverage will be enough for him not to act again. Imo

Alisajo, 8paws, x_files and 7 others like this.
  14. tresir2012

Very good point, and there seems to have been quite a few people at the trail that day. I am thinking about this and would think yes, they must have IMO.

15. IQuestion

IQuestion Well-Known Member

Excellent question..."killed before?" I was thinking he was present or responsible for the death of another...but it was "sketchy" (Ugh, not liking that word anymore!) and deemed to be an accident or not particularly suspicious. Or was in a situation where he saw others die around him and became fascinated with the concept of death. How many times have we heard of a person drowning and assuming it was "an accident?" Or a hiker who gets lost, falls off a cliff... an accident? I think he is fascinated with death, but wanted to have more "on hands control" of the process. If "the profilers" have decided this is about power.....The obvious question is, what causes a perp to feel he has "NO POWER IN HIS LIFE?" Does having secrets also make him feel powerful? (I'd be interviewing local teachers about male students they had in the past decade that gave them the heebee jeebies.)

sunshineray, 8paws, janewall and 5 others like this.
  16. ab01

In reality if you think about it every single murder is about power and control

Its the act of taking another human life

JMO

8paws, x_files, MsBetsy and 9 others like this.
  17. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

And regardless of how long the audio was that the family listened to, there’s no source that indicates they were allowed to hear the entire length of audio recovered by LE.

“More” is not “all”.

“State police say more audio from Libby German's cell phone was played for the victims' families, including a mention of a man they noticed behind them.”
    Police: Delphi murder victims spoke of man behind them in audio played for family

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    Bluepopsicle, Alisajo, Jax49 and 5 others like this.
  18. ab01

Correct there is no MSM or LE source that states that

19. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

Thanks ilovechili, I would love to see this, turning on HLN now. If it comes on again I will hit record and do a transcription.

20. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

But regrettably, he is probably deriving some perverse pleasure out of the fact that the video & audio has done nothing, to this point at least, to lead LE to his door :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.