IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TL4S

TL4S Well-Known Member

I guess my interpretation is not necessarily that the bodies were posed or that abnormal violence was done (beyond the obvious). It could mean either of those things, but I felt he was insinuating that after you take away the badge and uniform, these are human beings working cases which would make most of us mentally and/or physically ill. Not only did they have to process the crime scene and two bodies, but they had to listen to however long of audio, which most likely included the girls' deaths. I can't even imagine carrying the burden.

2. Stella8

Stella8 Well-Known Member

When I first saw Bridge Guy, he reminded me of my dad. My dad is a tiny 5ft 1 irish man, so it took me a while to work out why! He was a welder and BG’s clothes remind me of when I used to visit him at work, he’d be in a sort of garagey- I guess “shacky” type place, freezing cold, welding clothes, mask hanging round neck. I just heard this week that Libby’s family have said she was taking a welding class and had picked up a new welding machine the night before for her class. The classes she was involved in is an interesting line of thought.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    Moonracer, Alisajo, 8paws and 15 others like this.
  3. Stella8

Stella8 Well-Known Member

Tobe Lazenby has said that the “attack” was not recorded, but I do wonder if he was referring to video and maybe there is audio. Must relisten to the interview he gave to James Renner where he was asked about this

janewall, janesmith787, susiQ and 5 others like this.
  4. onabus

onabus Active Member

I agree. I think it's weird-- why say anything if you can't disclose these details?-- that multiple LEOs are alluding to this crime being particularly horrific, almost like they wish they could share what they have seen and how it has affected them but they can't in order to keep the integrity of the investigation. Murders happen everywhere, but I think it's rare to hear this kind of phrasing come up so much as it has with these murders...

Wells, Backstroke10, janewall and 5 others like this.
  5. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

I think @ab01 explained it well. Twice.

It's the same when it comes to the "creepy guy" statement. People continue to reference it, even though the comment was made outside of MSM.

The original question was "does more audio or video exist". I explained that I made a mistake by quoting a non-MSM source, but I also listed at least 4 MSM sources that DOES answer the question as to whether more audio/video exists. My post was made early this morning and by the time someone quoted it, I was not able to edit it.

Sunny123, IQuestion, JaneEyre and 7 others like this.
  6. BigTexas

BigTexas Well-Known Member

I understand the toll it can be taking on Carter, but he needs to remain professional. What I mean is, when he talks at a press conference, I don't think it is pertinent to inject his own feelings/beliefs/thoughts about aspects of the case. Save that for the television. It seems like when this happens, some sleuths begin to cross the line between facts and emotional thoughts of Carter as they analyze his verbiage. I, at least, take a press conference more fact-injected and it's easy to get confused on what he is trying to tell us based upon his words, tone, and demeanor. MOO

8paws, janewall, BNA and 8 others like this.
  7. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

I can’t make head nor tails of anything Carter says, to be honest. I can’t recall such muddled responses and statements from any other case. Dissecting his meaning, if any, seems to be a fulltime job. Jmo

Backstroke10, 8paws, Jerrod and 5 others like this.
  8. mtnlites

Yeah, I don't think that something unique has to have been done to the bodies, or that they had to be posed in any certain way, to illicit horror and sadness from LE. They're law enforcement but they're still human beings who are talking about murdered children.

8paws, IQuestion, susiQ and 7 others like this.
  9. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Well-Known Member

BBM. Except maybe his coat is inside out. MOO'ing along...

10. mtnlites

To me, too. I see nothing that BG's wearing that would point to any kind of vocation or that says anything about him other than that he's wearing average clothes that can be purchased at about any Rural King, Walmart, or other big box store that sells clothing and home items anywhere in the south or midwest. He's wearing what appear to be carpenter jeans (a little baggy, but that's the way that those kind of jeans fit anyway so they may not be too big on him), a blue jacket, and possibly a hoodie or hat. Something that my 73-year-old dad and 33-year-old husband both have in their closets-and one's a college professor who moonlights in SAR and the other sells firearms.

Wells, oh my cats, 8paws and 13 others like this.
  11. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain't The Ones Beneath The Bed

That press conference wasn’t for us though.

If people want to read certain things into his tone, words, demeanor, or anything else, that’s on them.

What’s important is that a witness comes forward to break this case.

That was the purpose, and if we are confused, it doesn’t really matter. This isn’t for us to solve.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  12. MassGuy

It’s rare to have a double murder of two teenage girls in the first place.

Low risk victims aren’t commonly attacked and murdered by a psychopath in the woods.

This is particularly horrific, and it doesn’t even have to allude to what many people are getting at.

8paws, ab01, Sunny123 and 10 others like this.
  13. SeattleStew

Respectfully snipped above by me for focus:

Thank you very much, onabus, for posting this. Bolded by me above.

I am confounded by Carter's reply to the bolded question by the reporter. He's got the chance, hypothetically or maybe even literally, to speak directly to the killer, and he wants to know "why"?

Not who are you? Turn yourself in? Call me, we can talk?

As the victim of a violent crime (a long time ago) Carter's response literally makes me angry.

MOOing and IMOing along now.

Does anyone else feel "funny" or "off" about his statement? Am I overly sensitive?

Wells, Moonracer, janewall and 8 others like this.
  14. MassGuy

I think the “who,” goes without saying.

The whole purpose of this investigation is to determine that answer.

The “why,” is a question we’re all asking. Why would you slaughter two innocent girls?

oh my cats, 8paws, ab01 and 16 others like this.
  15. sumzero

sumzero Well-Known Member

I expected him to repeat some of the verbiage from the PC. So, yes, his answer is a bit odd. More odd is that the bulk of his answer has nothing to do with the question the reporter just asked. Then again, DC often strings together sentences, the connecting logic of which escapes me.

16. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

JMO
    My reaction to his response is I feel it is an amateuristic reply because over the years of following cases I have learned that the "why" doesnt matter because a lot of times the "why" makes absolutely no sense and sometimes even the killer doesn't know why they decided to kill someone.

Its always a stupid reason "why" and the reason is never good enough so its a pointless question really. The perp's answer will never satisfy anyone and especially not the victim's
    family.

I have learned to forget about the "why" these murderers do what they do and just capture them and punish them to the fullest extent of the law.

So yea I am surprised why he even wants to know why. He should already know it doesnt matter whatever sick reason the BG had in his head. It doesnt matter one iota and never will.

8paws, janewall, fred&edna and 11 others like this.
  17. SeattleStew

Respectfully, if you find out the who, you get the why. But why doesn't equal who. My only other thought about "why" is if he has a specific suspect in mind already. So it might make sense to ask "why" not "who".

8paws, janewall, janesmith787 and 9 others like this.
  18. onabus

onabus Active Member

In that same interview with Carter, he talked about four girls that were killed in the same county. Is this murder less horrific because it happened in their home? No one is trying to perpetuate rumors about what may or may not have happened to Abby and Libby, but it's impossible not to speculate when Carter and others in this particular investigation are using this kind of language to describe this crime.

19. mtnlites

It is worded a bit oddly, but I think I might get what he's saying.

Asking BG "why" might appeal to different sides of him. It's the psychology of it. Asking "who" are you implies that LE has no idea and that could work against them. Make BG feel like he really DID get away with it. Then he has no reason to turn himself in (not that he would anyway)or not to commit another crime. After all, he got away with it once...

But asking "why" is different. Rather than pointing a finger at BG it's opening a conversation. It shows that LE is "curious", in a sense. Some killers feel so good about what they did that they WANT to talk about it. They want credit. It's one of the reasons some of them send messages to LE. But others are ashamed of what they did. They think everyone will hate them. "Why" covers both of these scenarios and more.

It's saying "we know you killed them, but we're also interested in you as a person". Which, you know, to the victims of crime is kind of a slap in the face. You don't care what kind of person the perp is-you just want justice. But to the perp...it makes them curious. And sometimes that can make them drop their guard.

20. MassGuy

That’s the same language anyone would use though. I’ve followed countless cases where law enforcement has said the exact same thing.

I’d be shocked if he didn’t characterize it that way.

ab01, Sunny123, IQuestion and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.