IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

I think Leazenby spoke about the killer being able to "get around quickly," iirc.
    eta: I think he meant with respect to how quickly the murders occurred and how quickly he was able to get out of there without being noticed, as far as we know.

2. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

If they did they didn't say so.
    I get the feeling BG does not have his own family, lives alone and does not spend much time with parents or siblings if he has them.
    I just can't imagine him living with someone day after day and them not noticing a change in him.
    Unless they have and they are protecting him. Imo

oh my cats, Hatfield, susiQ and 3 others like this.
  3. Cutiekitty

Cutiekitty Well-Known Member

It’s actually part of a series. The person did additional interviews of other family members. Pretty sure they all knew and it’s just his recording style.

8paws, sunshineray, susiQ and 6 others like this.
  4. MsBetsy

Yeah, I don't know how that works with pings but I remember a discussion about it and I'm trusting others know more about it than I do!

5. nearsouth

nearsouth Active Member

Yeah that's it - I thought I saw him in a video saying that but I just couldn't remember exactly. So much media out there...

That's what he probably meant (getting away from scene quickly), but I thought there is a possibility that if he knew the phone was somehow moving around after the murders and then was returned near the scene that would explain all of the comments ('twist', 'pinging around town', and 'get around quickly').

susiQ, DancingMuse and MsBetsy like this.
  6. nearsouth

nearsouth Active Member

I know a little about it, but not enough to be any kind of authority on it. I know many cases use it as evidence, but I also know it's not always reliable in terms of specific location.

7. MsBetsy

Well, one thing I'm pretty sure we don't know is whether or not the killer had a phone with him. Imo

susiQ, IQuestion, MingyMoo and 4 others like this.
  8. x_files

x_files Well-Known Member

Maybe Libby heard about a creepy guy hanging out at the bridge and went to investigate him? Maybe BG haunted this place prior? Maybe Abby mentioned him to Libby.

MsBetsy, IQuestion and DancingMuse like this.
  9. tresir2012

tresir2012 Oh! What a tangled web we weave....

I was only asking if the 8 minutes had been mentioned in that interview or whether there was a link. If the 8 minutes does not exist that is all I needed confirmed. I already knew more than we have heard exists, we don't know how much. I thought I had missed an important point somewhere along the way. Thanks for further clarity.

susiQ, MsBetsy, IQuestion and 3 others like this.
  10. tresir2012

Oh no not creepy guy again. MOO

janewall, susiQ, MsBetsy and 3 others like this.
  11. FromGermany

FromGermany Well-Known Member

Maybe, he even showed up at another venue.

12. x_files

x_files Well-Known Member

lol! No, I'm not quoting or misquoting her... since Libby was interested in FORENSIC SCIENCE and mysteries maybe they chose the bridge and park to explore and to investigate rumors of "creepy" criminal behavior. But never mentioned to her parents before she went.

13. FreshEyes

FreshEyes Well-Known Member

Question about voice recognition analysis.
    Say someone was recorded in early 2017 and used the word "guys" in the recorded conversation. Could a voice expert compare it to the "guys" from the bridge audio and determine if they were a close match? Do voice recordings have a signature that can be matched?
    TIA

--- all speculation and opinion ---

14. Cutiekitty

Cutiekitty Well-Known Member

I agree with 99% of your assessment. Still think there is a social media angle that either has not been uncovered or has not been disclosed. Not saying that the girls directly contacted BG via SM that day, but I will not be surprised if they are connected in someway via SM.

15. kc1023

kc1023 Well-Known Member

dbm

DancingMuse likes this.
  16. BNA

BNA Well-Known Member

Wait. Wut??

17. tresir2012

Ha yeah, and perhaps black on the other side (the man in black.)
    IMO

18. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

I’ve been reading about that sort of thing, and my biggest takeaway is that it’s not like “CSI.”

You need a long sample, it is thrown off by poor sound quality, and its accuracy is disputed.

It works well when you have studio recorded audio samples, but not so much in real world conditions.

19. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

I was shocked as hell to find out that there was zero online connection between Jayme Closs and JP. I thought for sure that there would be something in SM. There wasn't. And that guy actually did target her.

8paws, Sneaker33, Sunny123 and 10 others like this.
  20. IQuestion

IQuestion Well-Known Member

HI Hatfield:) bbm-above...just about every college campus requires students get photo ID's when they register. (Campus security is a big issue at colleges, now.)
    Photos are the easy part.....getting someone to give DNA when they register/or finding a match to the DNA found at the crime scene is the issue....IN MY OPINION.
    A youthful offender may not have DNA on file. But I know there is no way a person could have had so much contact with the victims and not left tons of DNA. (I recall MP saying Libby had "put up a fight" ...some transfer had to occur IMO.)

Hatfield, susiQ, MsBetsy and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.