IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #104

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

we don’t know if it is a he, a she, the age, the looks, nothing. I guess LE has done a lot of work trying to cross-match alibis and going through the tips. My guess is, the person is very quiet, JP-style and lives near Delphi, in a certain isolation, but I may be wrong.

They should know better whose alibis don’t match. Maybe they should look at very quiet types living around Delphi, too, not only the loud guys with bad police record. JP’s case should be an eye-opener.

IQuestion, Razz, DancingMuse and 4 others like this.
  2. Howcanppldosuch

Howcanppldosuch Well-Known Member

I agree. Really what is the murder rate in rural Indiana? Pretty low I bet. These kids were in the wrong place at the wrong time. It isn’t the parents fault for letting the kids enjoy life!

IQuestion, alj65, FromGermany and 9 others like this.
  3. PaulaDC

PaulaDC Well-Known Member

Within this past year.

DancingMuse likes this.
  4. tresir2012

tresir2012 Oh! What a tangled web we weave....

I don't think we know but if the little timer icon which shows on the pic is an indication, from what I have had explained to me on here, that seems to indicate it was only available temporarily as you suggested and was screenshot to show to LE and MSM but AJMAOO.

IQuestion and DancingMuse like this.
  5. Jaclin

Jaclin Well-Known Member

You might remember where you were when you heard about it. I remember where I was when I heard about 9/11. It was my 2nd day of work. I can't tell you how I spent the early morning, previous afternoon, or evening, though. This is kinda like that. If you know that something is happening, you'll be hyper alert, but the 13th was just another day for most people. A lot of people didn't know about it until the 14th or later. So, they might still remember where they went that day, but they might not know exactly what time they went or came back. They might, for example, only remember it was sometime in the morning before work or in the afternoon after work. Some people are better at remembering the details than others. Even now, if someone asked me what time I got home yesterday I couldn't say. I know it was sometime in the evening, but statements like that aren't really going to be very helpful for alibis.

TheRaven, Wells, 8paws and 8 others like this.
  6. tresir2012

Do you think LE have done that (ie your first sentence) and that is why they are now saying he is from Delphi and may still return to visit? That would explain that IMO.

DancingMuse likes this.
  7. BlueShoe

BlueShoe Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of a photo of the abandoned Social Services building that is not a map, but shows the side of the building? Or do you know if it was a brick building? This may or may not be important, but I would appreciate any help. MOO

8. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

IMO because the witness was able to describe him but was unable to provide an actual age because they don't know him. Saying that he looks X age but acquiescing that he could be older and just look younger is a way of covering a wider range of people.

8paws, janesmith787, Sunny123 and 6 others like this.
  9. tresir2012

Well it would be voluntary. I don't think LE have any viable suspects any more and they have been swabbing suspects. I believe that was how they ruled out the prior suspects IMO.

10. tresir2012

You can see it on street view in 2015.

SeattleStew, DancingMuse and Laughing like this.
  11. squareandrabbet

squareandrabbet Well-Known Member

As another point of reference, I am known amongst my friends as "the group historian". I have an excellent memory and have lived in New York City, through both 9/11 and the multi-state blackout caused by a transformer lightning strike. Over time, I find that while I would have thought I have remembered everything with extreme clarity (I think that biologically scientists have said that memories can be fixed in your mind by, amongst other reasons of course, floods of adrenaline); over the past several years, I have gradually found difficulty in remembering "which crisis went with what", like such - "when did I take the MetroNorth train out of town?... no, that can't be during the blackout, because electricity doesn't differentiate between the subway and MetroNorth (a separate system)... or does it?" "... was that when I lived in New Jersey, or was that when I lived in the Bronx? No, wait, if I had to get to New Jersey after 9/11 that would have been impossible, because the Towers would have fallen down on the train system I take. That must have been the day I searched desperately for an express bus, any bus, to take me anywhere in the Bronx from where I could then walk home."

TL;DR: IMO, your long term memory fades with time passed, and it's highly likely that you will remember "that" something happened; but may not necessarily remember it fixed in the time-space continuum. Conversely, sometimes I can remember things like particular pieces of striking clothing my friends have worn and owned, when they wore them, and what we ate and drank when they met, etc.

For those interested in further reading on the topic of memory and recall, a beginning discourse on "types of memory" follows:

Episodic Memory and Semantic Memory - Types of Memory - The Human Memory

IQuestion, 8paws, Traymar and 5 others like this.
  12. Charlot123

I think he’ll have nada on his background.
    But, he is very dangerous to women and children of both sexes. MOO.

To get him on the radar, one has to understand. LE himself is emotional, social, and assumes the guy is, like him, religious, and has conscience. IRL, the person might be very different.

They need to use JP for profiling.

Vegas shooter is of the same type but age outlier, so I wonder, maybe he had some form of early-onset dementia? Lewy body or so?

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  13. Spartygirl

Spartygirl Verified Insider - Michael Vanzandt case

Welfare building.jpg

SDfossil, Wells, Invisible and 7 others like this.
  14. mtnlites

I'm not comfortable with that, either. And pressing me for an alibi just because I refused to submit to a voluntary DNA test? That sounds awfully scary and not entirely legal. In fact, if LE came up to me (and I KNEW that I didn't have anything to do with the crime) and said, "Give us your DNA or else you need to supply us with your alibi for such-and-such date" then it would probably make me even more likely to turn them down. And lawyer up.

SDfossil, Wells, Sunny123 and 9 others like this.
  15. mtnlites

And if it's a normal day and nothing particular stands out during it, then there's no real reason for me to remember it. I work from home. I'll sometimes go a week without leaving my yard.

I started to say that they could check my internet activity for an alibi but I just realized that, more specifically, they could just come to WS and check my posts and log ins. I'm sure I'm on here at least once an hour.

16. tresir2012

Maybe that is how they discounted that sketch with the DNA from the crime scene. E .g. perhaps DNA does indicate blue eyes?
    MOO

17. tresir2012

I certainly would have no objection, especially if I thought it would help catch a double child killer, but I understand the reservations. I don't know if I would want it on file forever, but having the choice for local purposes only would be fair I think. MOO.

Moonracer, alj65, x_files and 4 others like this.
  18. Charlot123

If Delphi was founded by Brits, Germans and Dutchmen, high chance of some Viking DNA, surely. The blue-eyed population is shrinking down in general, but Delphi might have one of “pockets”.

19. mtnlites

It might sound weird to people like us, those who have followed every article and interview from the beginning, but despite how horrible these murders were there are still those who haven't heard about them. It didn't make everyone's life come to a stop. I was surprised when I was in Delphi back in August to find that one of my friends couldn't tell me when the crime happened and another couldn't tell me the girls' names (only referring to them as "the girls"). And I had some family members say, "I thought they'd already caught the guy?" For many, life just continued on as normal. At first I thought it was weird, but then I started thinking about our small town and our worst crime. A 14-year-old girl was on a walking trail just a few feet from downtown and she was beheaded. Still no arrest. I'm sure the family could tell you where THEY were when they learned the news and when it happened but the rest of us? I couldn't.

SDfossil, Malene, Quiltgirl and 20 others like this.
  20. mtnlites

It wouldn't be so voluntary if you were also threatened with a "then provide us with your alibi" if you refused.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.