IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #104

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

DBM

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  2. Spy Versus Spy

Spy Versus Spy Well-Known Member

This is the more plausible line imo, however we have to factor in that OG was well in to the journey of returning from the bridge when encountering DG, so the report of the 'couple' would be retrospective and not a contemporaneous (Out! Damn Arias!) timing of the sighting? What time would that shave off? MOO

3. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

I believe DG wasn't right at the bridge when he first encountered the older gentleman. It was because of what he told him, that he hadn't seen the girls, just a couple, that DG at first went down a different path looking for the girls. IIRC

Confusion, 8paws, Cutiekitty and 6 others like this.
  4. sunshineray

84% is listed on the World Population Review site.

http://worldpopulationreview.com/states/indiana-population/

Laughing, Seenit and DancingMuse like this.
  5. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

Tomorrow is Memorial Day. In anticipation, I congratulate everyone whose relatives had fallen serving in the US Army.

To the two families, whose children, Abby and Libby, died because of a sick monster, I sincerely wish to get closure. I hope that he did, indeed, make a mistake, and that he will be caught.

Let us all think of what we, personally, can do, to make life for our children safer.

Wells, Moonracer, JDough and 18 others like this.
  6. BradB

BradB Well-Known Member

Rural places dont operate and work like traffic driven big city America. I think this is what makes this case harder to solve.

It's just the nature of how things work. Like many have suggested before, maybe people aren't covering intentionally but they just dont have the energy to put forth anything to help.

7. MizStery

MizStery Missing Pregnant Lacy P. brought me here in 2005

Duplicate Post

sunshineray likes this.
  8. sunshineray

My perspective is the opposite. I think the more rural, and smaller the group, the more involved the community would be in wanting to find a killer of two of their own. In the bigger cities that more populated atmosphere tends to dilute that community feeling and people get an it doesn't concern me attitude more often. JMO

Wells, Sunny123, mtnlites and 6 others like this.
  9. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

MOO It's about 1/3 mile from the bridge to the parking area by the Mears, it likely had been just 5-10 minutes since OG had been at the bridge when DG ran into him.

Blue Amethyst, 8paws, Seenit and 4 others like this.
  10. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Well-Known Member

From April 22, 2019

Police release new sketch, video of suspect in Delphi murders

Snipped for focus:

"Carter also said police believe they know where the killer parked his car on the day of the murders. It was near a building that once housed child welfare offices.

"We have a witness. You made mistakes. We are coming for you, and there's no place for a heartless coward like you to hide that gets his thrill from killing little girls," Carter said"

BBM. I was looking back at MSM and found this. I can't say that I ever realized that they had connected the car at CFS to the killer directly. Also, "we have a witness" seems new to me as well.

Any thoughts, Sleuthers?

SDfossil, Rossymom, Wells and 17 others like this.
  11. sumzero

sumzero Well-Known Member

Yes, I think BG stayed out of sight before and after the killings to limit the chance an eyewitness would see and remember him. The person depicted in the sketch might've been someone in the area that a witness did not recognize. So, the witness reported it. It might've been BG. It might've been someone else (who may not even realize he is the one supposedly depicted in the sketch). Who knows? But I wouldn't be surprised if BG was long gone before DG even arrived.

12. Not a Belle

Not a Belle Well-Known Member

I want it to be related to a specific person/vehicle/etc., but I really think it’s a desperate attempt to restart some movement in this case. I wish I could share the optimism some people feel, but I think LE is back at zero and reading from a profiler’s playbook. I sincerely hope I am wrong.

13. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

I think there’s too many variables to draw any conclusions because by the time BP repeated her son’s condensed version of events, the murders were known. For her not to later connect that the sighting of the couple was significant would be really bizarre.

From GH interview, post #211
    “He was just about to where it forks and he ran into an older guy, a gentleman that was coming from the High Bridge, and he asked him, “Did you see a couple of girls there?” and he said, “No, but there’s a couple down underneath”. So Derrick, instead of going to the High Bridge, took the trail that went down to the creek to where he said that the couple was there. I don’t even remember if he said he saw them or what but he came walking back up and he called me. That was when he called me – it was about 3:30 – and said, “Libby’s not answering her phone and I don’t see her”.

Wells, 8paws, Seenit and 9 others like this.
  14. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

In the PC, Carter didn’t actually say police believe they know where the killer parked his car. The above quote appears to be a conclusion drawn by the reporter. Carter didn’t give a reason why they wanted to speak to this person.

“Police are also looking to identify the driver of a vehicle that was parked at an abandoned CPS/DCS/Welfare building on the east side of County Road 300 North, near the Hoosier Heartland Highway.”
    Delphi murders: New sketch of killer, video from Libby's phone released

Wells, Blue Amethyst, 8paws and 12 others like this.
  15. sumzero

sumzero Well-Known Member

"Desperate" was my initial reaction to the PC. I think they worried that the case was going cold, so they took a second look at everything (with or without the help of an outside agency). For whatever reason, they ruled the man in the first sketch out. Now what? Well, they did have another sketch, though for 2+ years they didn't give it much credibility. They also may have had a vague report of a vehicle parked near the abandoned building. So, with the case growing colder by the day, they decided to shift strategies. Show the new sketch. Hope that after 2+ years someone could remember seeing the vehicle. Take an aggressive tone toward the killer, hoping to stir him up enough that someone would notice a change in his behavior. In other words, they're getting nowhere. They're desperate for a lead.

16. BradB

BradB Well-Known Member

To add onto sumzero, where do you go exactly next? All the tips that came in even after the update yielded nothing so far...

2 plus years isn't exactly a lifetime but with all we have at our disposal, the guy still hasnt been caught. I think that's telling.

17. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

You are right, Indiana has more diversity than I stated. Delphi area has higher caucasian percentage than the state average. Carroll County 2010 census demographics is 96.8%. Tippecanoe 84%, Clinton 91%.

18. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

I think the parts of the crime are really filling in, and each piece that fits greatly increases the chances of finding the next piece that fits.

Alisajo, SeattleStew and DancingMuse like this.
  19. anotherjenny

anotherjenny Well-Known Member

8l07 um it ĺ

20. anotherjenny

anotherjenny Well-Known Member

I don't recall them directly saying they had tied that vehicle to the suspect in the PC. Is this new info?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.