IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #104

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nearsouth

nearsouth Active Member

This is an interesting angle. There was chatter about a barn also early on, but could have just been rumor I suppose.

Wells, x_files, alj65 and 4 others like this.
  2. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Well-Known Member

That's what I was trying to figure out, too. Someone upstream said they think the reporter made an assumption. Curious, though. IMO

Wells and DancingMuse like this.
  3. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

The Mears Barn was searched, is that what you were thinking of?

Wells, Alisajo, tmar and 3 others like this.
  4. StarryStarryNight

StarryStarryNight Well-Known Member

I remember LE saying at the last press conference that they had a witness and that certainly stoked my excitement that day. Also the statement about the car and the new sketch had me sure that the case would be solved very very soon.
    Then we find out the new sketch was made four days after the murders and my hopes were deflated a bit. Now a month later we are back to the same old stuff. LE makes the same comments they’ve been making all along. Absolutely nothing happening here. They keep saying “I wish I could tell you why we released no info, why we said this or that, why we did this or that...and we will explain it all after we arrest the killer”. I am feeling like we will never be able to hear those explanations.

5. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

I’d like to hope this is just a bump sideways in the investigation. But looking back for what it’s worth, considering there was no actual eye witness to the murders LE would’ve probably been further ahead had they released both sketches, seeking to speak with the unidentified people who sighted wherever they were sighted at.

Instead to attempt to use a sketch to put “a face” on the photo of the murderer clearly leads people to believe LE knows who they’re looking for. As we’ve learned from the first go-around, that’s not always true.

Although the new image is now over two years old, accuracy unknown, once again the sketch is being represented to replicate “the face” of the murderer, aside from LE adding the person may look entirely different today.

It’s like déjà vu as Carter blips from one media program to the next. I wonder why he’s the only one making media appearances, excited about this “new direction”?

Moonracer, alj65, JDough and 5 others like this.
  6. nearsouth

nearsouth Active Member

Yep, just couldn't remember. It's hard to go back and look through details when cases drag out.

susiQ and DancingMuse like this.
  7. Andreee

Andreee Well-Known Member

Agreed. The whole sketch thing just confused people and the amount of secrecy about the case has been non productive IMO. I think this case is at a standstill IMO. If they have a suspect, great, but we can only speculate at this point.

MJPeony, Wells, Moonracer and 8 others like this.
  8. watcher9

watcher9 Well-Known Member

Just reading this again slowly and took another look. Derrick says did you see a couple of girls there? and the man says no but there's a couple down underneath. Did the "no" mean to say there no girls were on the bridge but a couple (of them) were underneath. In other words, did he mean "a couple" as a man and woman, two men, two women or the two girls? Was the "couple" ever verified?

MJPeony, Wells, alj65 and 13 others like this.
  9. sumzero

sumzero Well-Known Member

The "we have a witness, etc." quote did not come from the PC. It came from a statement released after the PC by the ISP Chief Public Information Officer. The statement claims to be quoting Doug Carter during the PC, but it's not accurate. Weird.

New 'Face' of the Delphi Murder Suspect

Wells, alj65, HouseGnome and 5 others like this.
  10. sumzero

Well, it wouldn't make sense if the answer to the question, "Did you see a couple of girls?" was "No, but I saw a couple of girls." It also wouldn't make sense if the man said he did not see a couple of girls "there" but he did see a couple of girls "down underneath" -- and then Derrick had no interest in finding out if the girls "down underneath" were the girls he was looking for. Without knowing verbatim what the man said, there's no way to know what Derrick left out in the retelling. In the two years since then, has Derrick ever indicated he was confused about what the man was telling him?

Wells, alj65, MsBetsy and 9 others like this.
  11. sumzero

When Carter speaks, he never expresses a lack of confidence and conviction. He is forceful and determined. LE needs that "one tip" to solve this case. Really, he's very convincing. Problem is: so many cold cases need just "one tip" to be solved. So, after 2+ years, is he giving the GP and -- more importantly -- the families false hope? I really don't know.

Wells, BigTexas, alj65 and 7 others like this.
  12. JenniD

JenniD Well-Known Member

I think it’s very possible OG May have been responding to if girls were seen on bridge-and responded no but a couple underneath meaning 2 girls. I am sure LE has clarified his response. Or it could be that he saw one male and 1 female under bridge. Could have been killer and one girl with the other being out of sight. I do think LE knows exactly what OG was saying
    Moo

13. Cutiekitty

Cutiekitty Well-Known Member

BBM - that we know of. LE hasn’t said anything and they aren’t going to give us the play by play on their investigation.

BigTexas, alj65, MsBetsy and 5 others like this.
  14. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

I agree, really difficult.

15. Cutiekitty

You are correct. When I initially posted I couldn’t remember exactly where he was.

MsBetsy and DancingMuse like this.
  16. MizStery

MizStery Missing Pregnant Lacy P. brought me here in 2005

Hi Watch9 and all,

I just double checked my notes. I am paraphrasing so please keep that in mind.

YouTube video of Grey Hughes using Skype to answer questions from a call in audience addressed to the Patty’s.

Did Derick know the couple under the bridge?
    In the video this is a Skype question addressed to to BP:
    At that time after the gentleman told him only a man and woman were under the bridge and no one else were there. Derrick decided to turn around and go the opposite way on the trail. LE were told about the couple BP does not know if the couple came forward.Derrick never saw the couple.

Again this is BP speaking,Derrick did walk down to the Freedom Bridge and walked back. He passed that older gentleman again and – so he went back to the car and he was, like I said, he was walking, and by this time it was about 4 o’clock.

This is BP speaking,I can say when I got there were a few kids that I knew that went to school with Libby and they were under bridge.

[/MEDIA]

Last edited: May 26, 2019
    MJPeony, Wells, Moonracer and 17 others like this.
  17. FromGermany

FromGermany Well-Known Member

Why at all asking for "a couple", if I meant 2 -two- identifiable girls, namely my daughter and her friend?

MsBetsy and DancingMuse like this.
  18. MDATCA

MDATCA Well-Known Member

The video of BG is at 230 according to the billboards. He was still there at 230 and was @70 feet from the girls. I can't remember which show I was watching where they said they encountered at 235.

Wells, MsBetsy, Blue Amethyst and 4 others like this.
  19. Cutiekitty

Thank you!

MJPeony, MsBetsy, neesaki and 3 others like this.
  20. gonegonegoing

gonegonegoing Member

Murders occur and two years later:

“We are just beginning. We are just now beginning...”

Oh, and that sketch we’ve been circulating all this time? Scratch that:

“For more than 2 years, you never thought we would shift gears to a different investigative strategy. But we have.”

Here’s another word, two steps, location of a potential vehicle of interest, and a sketch we had all along.

The kicker:

Oh, and he’s likely between 18-40 y/o...well, actually could be even older than 40 y/o but look younger.

He could either be a kid or a dude with a kid within that age range? Awesome.

Can see why people’s faith in this case getting solved is beginning to wain; the interest surrounding it, naturally, certainly is.

SDfossil, Alisajo, alj65 and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.