IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #104

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Han

Han Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  2. Jazzy5980

Jazzy5980 Well-Known Member

Make a doctor’s/dentist’s appointment based on problem that has “suddenly” gotten worse or claim dog is sick and must get to veterinarian.

3. Gumbeaux

Gumbeaux Stirring up tips

Ugh, ugh, ugh.... sure hoped that the 2 weeks after the PC would have yielded an arrest. I'm optimistic, but it's still depressing to be hashing and rehashing 27 months later. Holding on to hope, that the parent, family, or friend gives up this creep soon...

8paws, Wells, neesaki and 13 others like this.
  4. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

Yes that would seem likely, that he sought out everyone he could find to ask if they’ve seen the girls. As Libby hasn’t answered her cellphone I imagine he was looking anywhere and everywhere.

8paws, travelbug, DancingMuse and 2 others like this.
  5. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

ISP superintendent provides update on Delphi double murder investigation

In this interview the only thing that stands out as being of any import, to me at least, is what DC says around the 2 min. mark:

"Overtime we're going to have an idea that we were on to something early on, remember this isn't a 43 min. T.V. show."

I would surely like to know what it is/was that they "were on to" early on. Obviously they got derailed early in the investigation. Why did they abandon what they were "onto" early on? Why did they abandon the very first sketch that was made? Who was involved in that decision? Who gave an alibi that steered them away from a suspect?

They have lost precious time and I can only hope that new tips have come in since the April 22nd PC to corroborate what they sensed was important early on and can now follow through on that information and find who did this, because if they don't I suspect he will do it again. JMO

8paws, Wells, neesaki and 19 others like this.
  6. allboys

allboys Well-Known Member

Or the purpose was to rattle BG by mentioning their knowledge of said vehicle.

8paws, Wells, sunshineray and 13 others like this.
  7. Gumbeaux

Gumbeaux Stirring up tips

I believe the answer to this lies in stripping the case down to basics. For a time, I thought it could be a serial killer, but long ago, I came to feel certain this is someone somehow close to the community. LE being "on to something" early on almost certainly has to be true. Most crimes, and criminals do not operate in the abstract. We have a time, a place, victims, and really only a handful of players when you consider this person has at least a connection to Delphi.

I still have a small handful of ideas, but I firmly believe that going back to all of the initial knowns will solve this. Doesn't mean that current knowns are enough for a slam dunk conviction, and I think therein lies the delay.

8paws, Wells, Falling Down and 16 others like this.
  8. Cutiekitty

Cutiekitty Well-Known Member

Dbm

Edit: too much chaos in the house to concentrate on my reply.

9. Jaclin

Jaclin Well-Known Member

MOO I think it is easier to ask strangers if they've seen 2 girls than to give specifics unless they said they did see 2 girls.

Laughing, MsBetsy and DancingMuse like this.
  10. Imvp2

Imvp2 Active Member

Under the jacket, a black balaclava with a white skull imprint. it's there to pull over his face if needed

Wells, Alisajo, Laughing and 4 others like this.
  11. kelleyrepair

kelleyrepair Active Member

Outstanding question! I have wondered this myself for so long, and like many seemingly insignificant, but super important distinctions, it has just been glossed over in the greater discussion here.

travelbug, Tripod, MsBetsy and 2 others like this.
  12. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

I heard mention of the purported white skull balaclava a few times now. Something like that would certainly seem to fall in to a certain age group?

13. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

You know, statistically, serial killers are close to the community. They have some “comfort zone”, at least. Men, in contrast to women, usually don’t know their victim, but even male serial killers, as a rule, don’t travel far, unless their job requires traveling.

The article is interesting in that the phrase “hiding out in plain sight” is used in it, and it is 2014. So DC’s phrase might be from a well-known lingo.

5 Myths about Serial Killers and Why They Persist [Excerpt]

14. joanna22

joanna22 Active Member

I know there are alot of posters here that doubt there is DNA evidence, but what if the DNA evidence is how LE is determining the age range of 18 to 40 years of age?

15. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

Anyone interested in watching the PC once again now that the dust has settled, it begins at about 4:20 into this video. The request regarding the car “if you were parked there or know who was parked there please contact the officers at the command center” is near the beginning @5:45, immediately after he expresses appreciation to the Delphi folks and well before the new sketch is ever mentioned.

8paws, Wells, x_files and 13 others like this.
  16. Cutiekitty

Cutiekitty Well-Known Member

DG did take the path down to the creek to check things out. Maybe you can see underneath the bridge from there. I’m not from there so not sure.

17. lakelette

lakelette Active Member

I'm thinking it's significant to have now released the "guys" portion of audio. Why decide to release just that one extra word of BG's voice if not significant? I believe it's part of "trying to ring a bell" for someone. Some one who knows someone who over uses this word in their normal speech.

8paws, Wells, FunkyMonkey and 19 others like this.
  18. Backstroke10

Backstroke10 Well-Known Member

His comment makes me think someone in some form of LE. Not sure exactly what part of LE. Maybe just some small cursory role but someone that could have influenced or pushed the direction of the investigation early on? MOO

19. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

Whenever a case breaks, I always go back to the earliest discussions to see how "right" people were with their speculations. Oftentimes the longer a case goes on without being solved, the crazier the theories get. In the beginning, though, when we're still at kind of a blank slate-before we get a ton of details that may or may not be relevant-there may not be as many dots but they're often easier to connect. At the very beginning of Mollie Tibbets case, for instance, many of us were saying that she was probably followed or stalked and that she'd most likely been assaulted and killed. Many suspected it was by someone she didn't know. There was also talk of a certain vehicle in those early discussions on various platforms. That talk was shut down pretty quickly, but it would up being true.

So what did LE miss early on in this one? I have to think that they had an idea in the beginning and, for whatever reason, the theory didn't pan out. Someone lied about an alibi, intentionally caused chaos to mislead LE, or even unintentionally provided information that wasn't relevant and sent LE on a different trail. I'd love to see what their early theories were and why they didn't come to fruition.

Aqua, 8paws, Wells and 30 others like this.
  20. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

Not sure. Maybe? I have one. I don't know that they appeal to certain age groups as they do to certain subcultures.

Wells, carbuff and DancingMuse like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.