GENERIC HEADER NEWS MISSING PERSONS

IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #104

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

Okay. Let’s go with that. Snowboarders, motocross, ?

Laughing, DancingMuse and alj65 like this.
  2. FromGermany

FromGermany Well-Known Member

I don't think, DG had to ask for "his daughter and friend", but for 2 girls (instead saying "couple"). :)
    But his wording was probably "couple" and it isn't to change anyway.

3. StarryStarryNight

StarryStarryNight Well-Known Member

I imagine it’s pretty common for investigations to get derailed for one reason or another. What’s hard to imagine is staying derailed for two solid years.
    I fear some very major mistakes were made early on, and exacerbated by some very poor decisions the last two years. I hope none of them have sunk the investigation.

8paws, MJPeony, IQuestion and 9 others like this.
  4. Cutiekitty

Cutiekitty Well-Known Member

Do you know where the answer about the couple occurred? Got through about 20 minutes and had to turn it off.

susiQ and DancingMuse like this.
  5. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

Motorcyclists, those who enjoy heavy metal or hard rock, goths, non goths who just enjoy some parts of the sub's clothing, race car drivers, members of the counterculture, those who are into certain aspects of military wear, etc.

In pop culture they're associated with crime (robberies, cartels, other criminals) and they definitely stand out. If you don't mind the attention and you don't care if people are looking at you and treating you like you're getting ready to hold up a bank then you're probably okay. It's not something you'd want to wear to blend in, though. People notice.

Bluepopsicle, Wells, carbuff and 10 others like this.
  6. FromGermany

Apropos "fire": I remember, a fire happened on the day of 13th in Delphi/near Delphi, but I don't know, where exactly and what building. Even saw a pic in some newspaper in 2017. Anyone, who hasn't forgotten the location?

8paws, Wells, IQuestion and 8 others like this.
  7. mtnlites

Not sure where the fire was that you're referencing but the CPS building didn't get razed until 2018.

8paws, Wells, Tiger Stripes and 5 others like this.
  8. FromGermany

A white thing, unknown to the whole world. :p

pepper 34, neesaki, raja and 4 others like this.
  9. Angelcat13

Angelcat13 Well-Known Member

IMO they have known all along but they were misled to believe it wasn't connected. Now they just have to prove who was driving it AND that they are the killer.

Fingers crossed and counting the days.

8paws, linus21, Invisible and 13 others like this.
  10. thesensitivechild

thesensitivechild Well-Known Member

Another place that burned down? Sheesh

8paws, Wells, Alisajo and 2 others like this.
  11. PaulaDC

PaulaDC Well-Known Member

They also hawk them to fishermen.

12. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

There are different case scenarios.

1) Let us say, my DNA is in Gedmatch, and I have a tree. Now, Gedmatch has the options to opt-in or out of one’s DNA being compared in police investigations.

If, say, in a discussion whether to opt-in or out, in a genealogy community, I say, I am against it because of this and this, it should not be viewed as suspicious. People have opinions.

2) I say nothing in such a discussion. But instead, I suddenly call my relative who lives nearby, is deeply into genealogy and has a tree. And ask her specifically not to check opt-in for her own DNA in Gedmatch.

This could look suspicious to her.

The same with Indiana - if someone living in/around Delphi area starts asking relatives to opt-out of Gedmatch, it would be unusual. If they opt-out for own DNA, it should be OK. MOO.

Last edited: May 27, 2019
    8paws, Wells, Tiger Stripes and 6 others like this.
  13. mtnlites

Yes! Context is everything in this. There are subtle differences. Opting out myself is one thing; it's my choice, after all, and if I don't feel comfortable then I don't feel comfortable. Trying to talk my people out of doing it is something else entirely.

14. travelbug

travelbug Injustice anywhere a threat to justice everywhere

My concern is whether someone who was trusted, or in an authority position, destroyed or compromised critical evidence. <modsnip - rumor> jmo

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2019
    8paws, Charlot123, Wells and 7 others like this.
  15. Han

Han Well-Known Member

If a searcher got close enough to touch a body they contaminated the scene. IMO

8paws, Charlot123, Wells and 9 others like this.
  16. travelbug

That is one of the reasons I've always been troubled by the comment regarding the cellphone "pinging all over town". Was that an intentional statement to mislead LE and the search groups?

17. travelbug

There are other ways to silence potential witnesses. You can "buy" their compliance with drugs, alcohol, etc. If they are addicted their thinking is already compromised and if their supplier threatens to stop providing, or they know turning them in will stop their pipeline, most (particularly meth users) will do anything it takes to stay high. jmho

Charlot123, x_files, neesaki and 6 others like this.
  18. mtnlites

MP made that statement. He certainly didn't want to impede the investigation. Not intentionally anyway. The pinging was explained a couple of days ago, and we've talked a lot about it in the past, but has it been clarified where he got that information from? We know WHY the phone was probably pinging from different towers, there's a simple and innocent enough explanation for it, but who told him this in the first place? We've seen some of the things explained in interviews that the Patty's did with GH, and this was something that was referenced. I assumed he got the info from the phone company since BP talked about calling the phone company and trying to get them to help on the night of the 13th, and then MP went to the police station to get the ball rolling for more assistance with the phone.

From the GH video transcription:

IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #104

8paws, Bluepopsicle, neesaki and 7 others like this.
  19. travelbug

BBM That is my point, who was on desk duty that night or who was the contact at the phone company? Have they been properly vetted? One of the problems with being in a small community is familiarity can prevent protocol from being followed.

20. travelbug

I'm not trying to rehash all of the information we have discussed, however if someone close to the investigation, victims or perpetrator altered facts or evidence at the beginning of the search it is an avenue to explore.

8paws, Tiger Stripes, x_files and 3 others like this.
  21. mtnlites

IMO it was probably just miscommunication or confusion. If MP was told that the phone was pinging from multiple towers without any further explanation then he may have interpreted that as the phone moving all over town. I'm not sure how the AT&T rep could fall into the small town familiarity angle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.