IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #104

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cutiekitty

Cutiekitty Well-Known Member

DBM

2. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

Yes, quite a bit of discussion about the comment “I know that voice” at the time, found here -
    Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #88

Wells, 8paws, pepper 34 and 18 others like this.
  3. PaulaDC

PaulaDC Well-Known Member

IQuestion likes this.
  4. PaulaDC

I wonder if his cell phone didn't work at that location in the past and he possibly assumed theirs wouldn't either not thinking about photos/video. You know how some companies have spotty coverage. Moo

8paws, pepper 34, susiQ and 15 others like this.
  5. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

In aerial shots of the bridge you can see a road there. Not sure if that's what you're talking about. Until this crime I seriously had no idea that there was a road down there or how to get to it. I'd either never noticed it or it's not nearly as visible in person as it is on the map.

6. onabus

onabus Active Member

If you listen to the interview from the link I posted on page 2, you’ll hear that the carrier was apparently telling BP that she needs to install an app (on the missing phone) to be able to track it.

7. Finnamin

Finnamin Active Member

Thank you!! Unfortunately it looks like “I know that voice” is another one of the frequent LE statements that can be interpreted different ways....if they really had heard that voice surely one of the local officers would have connected the dots by now.

I wonder if rural Indiana dialect is known to be vague? I am not in Indiana, but my husband has certainly accused me of being less than clear on occasion. Things like saying “we need the car” vs “we need the driver of the car” when they mean the same thing are relatable and not unusual to me. I’m not sure if I can say the same about “I know that voice” when referring to people other than myself, though (as in referencing other officers).

8. pepper 34

pepper 34 Well-Known Member

I saw a Youtube video that showed the road past the bridge towards the house at the end of the road. It was hardly more than a wide path. Under the bridge and back towards the other way, it seemed a little bit wider.
    You can see the road pretty clearly by adjusting back in Google Earth to 4-2017 when the leaf cover is gone. It's just a 2 rut road in the woods.

9. IQuestion

IQuestion Well-Known Member

YES, YES, YES.....you've got it!

10. IQuestion

11. Han

Han Well-Known Member

The biggest thing I think is still missing is the suspect’s DNA.

12. IQuestion

Have wanted to post for a long time that "dressing like an older man to throw off investigators" is nothing new. A young 24 year old (bible toting....not a criticism, a fact) firefighter in California,
    " Hearn said he entered the building wearing a mask disguised as an old man" knowing he would be scene on surveillance video to kill Robert Limon. (read on middle of attached article):
    Day five of the Sabrina Limon murder trial

8paws, susiQ, Blue Amethyst and 8 others like this.
  13. PaulaDC

I just read about the ICAC taskforce and why and how they operate. Quite interesting.

14. IQuestion

Hi HAN great point....DNA is not missing, it is there. However the DNA has to be matched to the perp. We went through the same thing 'in our neck of the woods', so to speak. LE had plenty of DNA but the offender was not in the CODIS system because DNA samples were not taken for minors. It wasn't until his crime spree continued and he was arrested as an adult, for a felony robbery in another county, that investigators were able to get a hit on CODIS. The whole process took nearly 10 months.

anonymess, MizStery, susiQ and 13 others like this.
  15. Han

Han Well-Known Member

Simply put, I believe LE needs to obtain the suspect’s DNA to compare to the DNA from the crime scene.

16. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

Yes, I can see it in the pictures and Google Earth. I've just never noticed it in person.

Wells, Sunny123, pepper 34 and 5 others like this.
  17. max99

max99 Well-Known Member

moaw

18. FromGermany

FromGermany Well-Known Member

O/T
    Your avatar! :D Nice! Crazy Fraz*e. Today is the day ... pleading guilty or not.

19. Sneaker33

Sneaker33 Well-Known Member

It is my understanding Libby also took photos with her own camera (separate from camera on cell phone.) I have seen the pictures of Abby which I believe were found on SnapChat. Has it ever been stated whether the camera was recovered? I do know one of the Youtubers created a video simulating Libby taking photos but want to know if this was fact. If so, I think it possibly could have been an additional trigger for the suspect I have in mind.

20. janewall

janewall Well-Known Member

On Google Earth it strikes me as a glorified driveway for the couple of properties back there, or at most a country lane. Questionable whether it's paved, or whether it gets any traffic aside from the residents of those homes.

IQuestion, pepper 34, susiQ and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.