IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #104

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ab01

ab01 "What is done in the dark always comes to light"

I'm not aware of such an interview

I would be surprised to hear LE make such a claim in a case like this with out releasing some factual information as to the reason they would feel that way

JMO

dotr, Harlow, kkdj and 7 others like this.
  2. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

I agree.

First, they were 13 and 14, at this age, it is perfectly legally for them to walk around in a park/on a trail during the daytime. It was really close to Delphi. The bridge itself was, indeed, high, but obviously, not as dangerous as it looked (generations of people crossing it safely); both girls were athletic, and Libby crossed it many times, as it seems.

And the main thing - killers of this type are a seldom occurrence; luckily, they contribute to only 1% of all murders. So the chance of meeting one in broad daylight, on a bridge, next to a trail, is exceptionally slim.

However, if a killer is on a prowl, and one has the bad luck of being on his way, nothing can prevent it. People were abducted in five minutes it would take them to walk from one building to the next one. Sometimes in less time than that. It is just a horrible misfortune. And in no way it is parents' fault. It is no one's fault except for the killer.

3. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

If I heard that an investigator shared "insider" information with a "people-type worker" (be it even the producer of "the Shack"), anyone, short of a colleague working at the case, I'd say, it was unprofessional on behalf of the said investigator. No matter what his views, beliefs or convictions in the goodness of people were.

4. FleurQualia

FleurQualia Searching Soul

ITA

This case is scary because it could happen to any of us. Not likely, but if we happen to be as unlucky as they were that day, we could be doing our normal day to day things and so happen to run into someone who wants to cause us harm. In broad daylight.

These girls weren't high risk. The weren't into drugs or other risky behaviors that can increase your chance of becoming a murder victim.

Actually, their risk was quite low, in a low risk town.

That's why it is so sad. Nobody could have seen this coming, especially not the poor families (who deserve no blame for this exact reason, and I hope they are not blaming themselves).

5. Brubon

Brubon Well-Known Member

6. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

Yeah, that’s one of the reasons that it’s captured the public’s attention the way it has.

Low risk victims partaking in low risk activity.

This sort of thing just doesn’t happen with any regularity, especially with two victims.

I also hope that no one is blaming themselves for this. You can’t foresee some psycho in the woods.

WyomingSkyAngel, AC4RD, dotr and 37 others like this.
  7. Brubon

Brubon Well-Known Member

So the body of OBG is the body of YBG.
    The "real" face belongs to YBG. OBG was created when a mask was pulled over YBG's head.
    But it was February...not Oct. 31st.
    Creepy, creepy BG needs to be arrested...tonight please. MOO

AC4RD, dotr, steeltowngirl and 11 others like this.
  8. neesaki

neesaki Well-Known Member

I really and truly don’t want to sound crass, but in all honesty, I get the impression he’s saying something like “guys, get your a** down the hill.”
    There’s only enough time for a couple or three syllables..... with no more than a very slight pause between ‘guys’ and the next word..... in that lapse.
    This is obviously only MOO at this very moment. Which of course could change tomorrow, or in the next hour and a half. Still it’s jmo

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2019
    dotr, Yellow Rose, travelbug and 16 others like this.
  9. neesaki

IMO, the tape may have been edited to leave a couple of words out.

dotr, Yellow Rose, travelbug and 17 others like this.
  10. neesaki

My gut just says to fill in the blanks. Given the rhythm and the length of the pause, seems it would be a select few choice words that might make sense given the context. Jmo

11. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

Two teenage girls, armed with a camera, go for a walk in a familiar public park less than a mile from one of their houses, in the middle of the day, with other people (including kids) milling around, and armed with a cell phone. It's not like they were dropped down in Sarajevo on the Bosnian front line and told to run across Sniper Alley.

The family isn't any more at fault than the mother of the 5-year-old boy who was tossed over 3 stories at the Mall of America. The victims couldn't read the future. And it's very possible that they were in the wrong place at the wrong time, and if they had NOT been there, then we'd still be discussing this but perhaps with different victims and it would still be just as tragic.

12. sillybilly

sillybilly WS Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Ted Bundy discussion does not belong in this thread.

13. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

Abigail’s Mum has said she was not allowed on the bridge as it was too dangerous and she was angry Abigail had walked it. You’re right only BG is to blame for this horrific tragedy and Kelsi (Liberty’s Sister) should not feel guilty for dropping the girls off.

dotr, travelbug, kkdj and 23 others like this.
  14. sillybilly

sillybilly WS Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Please continue discussion at Thread #105.

This thread is now closed.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    dotr, kkdj, zencompass and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.