IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #104

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mahoolin

mahoolin Well-Known Member

I agree. I'd be sent to the gallows for sure. Can't remember from day to day an alibi or specific time I was somewhere. Not to excuse any deliberate lies among those questioned in this case, but sprinkled in there are people like me that simply live and do normal-and sometimes unscheduled-things and get mixed up on what day it was. o_O

Wells, 8paws, travelbug and 18 others like this.
  2. tresir2012

tresir2012 Oh! What a tangled web we weave....

A small town, males 18-40, reddish brown hair, 5'6" to 5'10, 2000 lbs, could look younger than appears.

So does that mean someone mid 50's who looks 40 could be responsible? Or is 40 the top age do we think?

IQuestion, JnRyan, kc1023 and 3 others like this.
  3. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

Quickly did the math approximating the numbers on this link. Between the ages of 20-60 there would be estimated 987 males in Delphi. If I used that Population Pyramid correctly.

http://worldpopulationreview.com/us-cities/delphi-in-population/

Wells, IQuestion, Invisible and 6 others like this.
  4. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

I agree on a personal level but on the flip side, wouldn't it be like, for a small town like Delphi, where were you the day Kennedy was killed?

Wells, Quiltgirl, IQuestion and 15 others like this.
  5. tresir2012

In a case as heinous as this I am surprised that LE have not set up voluntary DnA testing for all males over 16 or all females even, as the mothers DNA alone could help catch the perp. Anyone who doesn't volunteer could be just asked for an alibi instead. Of course this may not catch the killer who may live outside Delphi now, but if LE are so sure of the Delphi connection this could work. I posted on the last thread how a killer was caught like this. He wasn't in the actual area but a close match relative was. AJMO.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  6. tresir2012

Officially it was called off but unofficially carried on IIRC e.g. friends and family for instance and probably some volunteers too. MOO

7. castilloisno1

castilloisno1 Well-Known Member

You have to check in through an app on Facebook

IQuestion, Wells, janewall and 5 others like this.
  8. What if...

What if... Active Member

But, unfortunately, I’m sure that number grows exponentially if you add in “has lived there, visits Delphi often, or works there”.

IQuestion, Wells, janewall and 11 others like this.
  9. BlueShoe

BlueShoe Well-Known Member

I like this guess. It is rare, but I have known a few 15-17 year olds who developed deep voices early. However, very infrequent. MOO

IQuestion, janewall, alj65 and 3 others like this.
  10. BlueShoe

BlueShoe Well-Known Member

This is my own view of the likelihood of BG's background. I don't think he is a trucker or works at a nearby factory. According to a number of statements by LE, he is familiar with the bridge and park area. I don't think most truckers or factory workers would have long and frequent breaks to explore the park (unless they also lived in Delphi or close by). I tend to think BG either grew up in or near Delphi and played in the park as a child or teen, or he is an outdoor type who hikes, hunts, fishes there (or did at one time). There are other options, I'm sure, but I'm leaning toward these two. MOO.

Quiltgirl, IQuestion, Wells and 14 others like this.
  11. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

Brown-reddish, I think.

12. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

Personally, although it may sound like a good idea, I'm just not comfortable with that approach. Rather, if LE have certain individuals as strong suspects and they have viable DNA from the scene, why not just wait for some cast-off DNA and run that for a match. I haven't committed a crime nor do I intend to, but I'm sure my DNA is out there all over the place. I'm blessed with a full head of hair at my age but I lose a hand full a day at least. Goodness only knows where it all ends up. Hopefully, not in a parking lot that turns into a crime scene :)

alj65, DancingMuse, FreshEyes and 3 others like this.
  13. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

They don’t need to. A couple of amateur genealogists with own DNA and a long Delphi trees would be enough. However, before police does anything, people who are in Gedmatch, should go to Gedmatch Genesis and turn on their DNAs to be allowed to be used for police identification. Opt in. The option is a pen next to the kits. Because today only 10% of Gedmatch participants have done so.

14. Cutiekitty

Cutiekitty Well-Known Member

True. The article came out a month after the incident and I’m wondering how many people were interviewed and far the net was cast by that time.

Wells, DancingMuse and mahoolin like this.
  15. Cutiekitty

Cutiekitty Well-Known Member

Do we know where the 2:07 pic was posted? By that I mean, was it just posted to LG’s story (so only her friends could see it) or was it posted to our story (made public) or both?

For those that don’t know about Our Story in SC....you can opt to post a photo or video publicly and SC groups the pics by area or even event. For example posts at places like Disney are all grouped together and anyone can just browse and see what everyone is posting.

I’m sure LE checked out the our story posts that day for both the trail and Delphi to see who else might’ve been in the area. Might have no impact on this case, but it’s something to consider for future cases. Got to be quick because the posts disappear.

anonymess, IQuestion, Wells and 4 others like this.
  16. TL4S

TL4S Well-Known Member

Yeah, the way he's dressed looks a lot like an outdoor guy, hunter/trapper to me, too.

Linda9681, janesmith787, BNA and 3 others like this.
  17. What if...

What if... Active Member

I’m leaning towards someone that travels for project work. Someone that has plenty of time on their hands once their shift or assignment ends. I do agree that it’s more than likely someone that enjoys time outdoors - hunting, fishing, photography, etc.

He wouldn’t need to worry about getting home to the family since he’s on the road.

I would probably start with steel workers or cell tower workers considering this guy appears to have very little fear of heights ! (that was about the only mannerism I noticed in the video clip)

IMO, there’s a difference between not being afraid of heights and being comfortable with heights.

MOO and pure speculation in my part.

18. TTF14

TTF14 Well-Known Member

alj65, DancingMuse, mtnlites and 4 others like this.
  19. x_files

x_files Well-Known Member

Teens should be allowed to go to a park and enjoy life. Criminals have taken this away from us.
    Honestly, it should have been safe!!!

20. allboys

allboys Well-Known Member

I have only heard that it was sent to the one friend who ultimately saw it later that evening (in the nine o’clock hour).

IQuestion and DancingMuse like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.