GENERIC HEADER NEWS MISSING PERSONS

IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #106

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blueberry2720

Blueberry2720 Today would be a fine day for an arrest.

Agree 125%.
    My only addition/comment, is that the perp and/or his family, may be in a profession which is not only prominant, but is a profession which is totally contradictory to this level of behavior. Putting 2 and 2 together, my gut says this guy is likely somehow tied to religion, which supports Carter's religious tones in the April PC. He could be from a prominent religious family, or maybe he works at a religious organization - think Catholic bookstore in MO, or a church or private parochial school, etc. He could so easily hide behind the cloak of brotherly love, preaching the gospel of the Lord. Who would suspect someone like that?? Think MO again - TB was a PASTOR AND A MURDERER and no one had a clue. I think of all professions or affiliations a perp could have, religion provides the ultimate disguise for "hiding in plain sight".

MOO, JMO

2. max99

max99 Well-Known Member

*peace

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    rob68 likes this.
  3. Jabarn

Jabarn Well-Known Member

Ok... there has to be some thinking BG did have some kind of issues during childhood, or at least adolescence. If he is a local, which is the last we have heard, perhaps it would make sense for the locals to tip in any male who had behavioral markers who is now aged 18 to 40 (but who may be older than 40, but look younger).

That’s a huge expectation, especially if the parent(s) aren’t involved at all, because he left the nest. Maybe the older folks who may have a direct acquaintance with BG do have cognitive dissonance and are sitting on the hands, as a metaphor.

Wikipedia on cognitive dissonance: Cognitive dissonance - Wikipedia

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2019
  4. Jabarn

Jabarn Well-Known Member

Makes sense, if we go with what Carter was saying. Not sure I am 100 percent there, or even 20 percent there, but that is the hand the public is dealt. Someone possibly sitting in the room, who might be stirred by the movie The Shack (to be fair, I have a hunch that the mention of the Shack was more for the families), and has been helped by either misguiding the information or benefitted from misguidance of the investigation.

5. sleuther28

sleuther28 New Member

I agree. This reminds me of the Holly Bobo case. Local thugs did it, everyone knew they did it, yet no one would rat them out because they were all junkies/criminals.

6. Imvp2

Imvp2 Well-Known Member

Good questions. MOO answers will lead them to the suspect. MOO LE knows who it is and thought so early on but were "tipped" away from them

7. Imvp2

Imvp2 Well-Known Member

MOO I'm sure it's difficult to delineate tips that were fact from gossip, rumor, heresay and innuendo

8. IQuestion

IQuestion Well-Known Member

Years ago a friend asked to stop at a farm. The owner (also a teacher) was in her early 40's and had her 3 year old male child (with obvious physical delays) playing on the patio. A "farmworker" (Nothern Baltic/Slavic build/look) was close by and lingered for a VERY LONG TIME with pointless activity. Too close and too long, IYKWIM...something not right. Interestingly, the "farmworker and the little boy had similar, VERY similar...head shape, brachycephalic, ears, eyes etc." Weeks later a "most wanted picture" was published in a newspaper....and it looked exactly like the "farmworker." Yep, it was the same guy. (Name was wrong and age off by 16 years!) He was the owner's BF, father of the 3 year old....and able to hide out for years, waiting for statute of limitations to run its course on his crimes...... never had to "apply, register, or pay" for anything! No phones, vehicles, power, income taxes, bank accounts etc. She paid for everything.
    Ugh, so theory #27 "Hide in plain sight" could mean, someone who lives with another person who provides for all their housing & financial needs...elderly, family loyalty, symbiotic work situation, or fear of being alone.
    Must be a least 50 or more "small rural settings", .....any thoughts?

9. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

Could you elaborate? When I try to think of a scenario where the person responsible for the murders didn’t actually commit them, my mind goes to a hit, or a coverup of an accidental death.

10. Jabarn

Jabarn Well-Known Member

I don’t know if I help at all, but I will say there was nothing accidental about the murders of Abby and Libby. It was a targeted and purposeful crime. If anything, what’s missing in understanding, is if he (BG) was hunting anyone who crossed his path, or if he had selected them based on prior knowledge of them and where they would be that day. If the latter, you would think we wouldn’t still be here trying to sort it out (but you never know). Night all. Hope to wake up there is in an important presser coming soon.

11. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

Terrific post! I would add:
    "We also believe this person is from Delphi--currently or has previously lived here, visits Delphi on a regular basis or works here."

IMO, they must know this from either BG’s manner of speaking, what he actually said, or from a tip. They have a very good idea who this is.

“We’ll be able to tell you one day what we know and why we didn’t release it. We don’t want to show our hand. We don’t want to show the complete picture of what we know versus what we think.”

They KNOW something, and I suspect they know ALOT.

Tick tock, BG. They ARE coming for you.

12. acutename

acutename Well-Known Member

Remember not too long after the release of the new sketch, the Sheriff had to publicly request that people NOT post side by side pictures of people that they thought looked like the killer:

Delphi murders: Sheriff pleads, stop posting side-by-side photos of suspects and new sketch

I understood why he had to do this, but after the release of the second sketch, it was sort of exactly what people would be likely to do. I looked at some random photos of people from Delphi on line, and I thought that a fair number of them resembled the sketch! You would think that the sketch along with the video would really narrow down the number of suspects, but the difference between resemblance and actual identity is still a big difference.

Jabarn, DancingMuse, Wells and 7 others like this.
  13. Imvp2

Imvp2 Well-Known Member

MOO LE was likely convinced by someone that there was no valid concern regarding the person

14. Krwiley60

Krwiley60 Well-Known Member

And Jim Irsay, owner of the Colts.

FinePrint, susiQ, Barlow and 6 others like this.
  15. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Much like the OG sketch, it seems that half the men in Indiana within that age group resemble the sketch. My ex from Logansport is a dead ringer for the new sketch. I don't think he did it, though, since my ex died 8 years ago...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2019
    borndem, x_files, Sunny123 and 6 others like this.
  16. IQuestion

IQuestion Well-Known Member

MTNLITES.... That post hit me out of the blue. You just made me laugh out loud!!
    I agree, kindness and generosity in donating to a worthy cause should never be considered suspicious.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  17. acutename

acutename Well-Known Member

how about some one from Delphi's unacknowledged out-of-wedlock child who grew up as an "outsider" and resented A& L being happy and "insiders" in Delphi? this way the people most likely to know who the person really is are least likely to want to talk about him for any reason. (sounds like a soap opera, I know)

Charlot123 and DancingMuse like this.
  18. BNA

BNA Well-Known Member

Nevertheless....

FromGermany and IQuestion like this.
  19. StarryStarryNight

StarryStarryNight Well-Known Member

If, as some surmise, LE knows who did this, and they have a bit of evidence and are just waiting for just a little bit more, why don’t they haul his rear in, in front of the cameras, question him properly, hold him a couple days. Forget this playing games at press conferences, make him sweat, rattle his cage, put him under open surveillance. Maybe he’ll crack. If LE knows who it is, why not.
    The fact that they haven’t done this is one reason I doubt they know who it is.

20. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

It seems like at the beginning the police
    were sure they would get the suspect recognized. But that has not panned out.

Identity match.
    -Voice/Sketch/Video of a step
    -Mannerisms - walks and works quickly,
    -Possible DNA
    -A couple of witnesses
    -Unknown possible physical evidence

Finding the events leading up to how crime got into these girls lives.
    -Social media
    -Personal connection
    -Random chance killer

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    DancingMuse, cody22, susiQ and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.