Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #106

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's well thought out, thanks.

I'm no FBI profiler but I've definitely got some ideas about this guy.

Would like to hear them...

Somewhat on topic. I don’t know if the new information is useful, but I don’t see it hurting anything, unless it causes people to focus too much on locals.

As time goes by, I still go back to a hunter. Maybe not an actual hunter, but a hunter of girls based on his own motivation. This is why it’s important to keep nationwide attention since BG is not known. The familiarity with the bridge and trails may amount to his being there before... or familiar places... and maybe he didn’t have to be there that long to establish familiarity. Maybe he is lucky and “quick on his feet.”

Don’t know and I agree with many here, there is at least the faintest heartbeat of possibility he will strike again, if he didn’t before or already.

I'm afraid I don't agree. They are now saying he got around quickly. If it's not connected to the crime then why are they interested in it ? If it is one vehicle they have not been able to pin down, or they ruled out incorrectly too quickly, then that's got to be of interest in the crime. If they have not connected it to the suspect then they would know who he is surely?

Carter asked the driver of a vehicle that was parked between the hours of noon and 5pm, originally on Feb 14th, to please contact the officers at the Delphi command post. I’m not sure what “it” you’re referring to.

@ 1:38

ETA - I’m not sure that a parked car at the other end of the Monon Bridge trail head is indicative of someone getting around quickly. But as iirc he was not spotted on the actual trail, as others have said, it appeared he had familiarity with the trail system/bridge and came and left quickly. If so there were other places he could’ve parked (cemetery, SE road under the bridge) that afforded even quicker access, if he in fact drove.

Last edited:
I don’t think they lost a tip either. What I suggested is perhaps they wanted to re-contact someone who had earlier provided information.

In the early days they had officers from all over assisting. In the 3 weeks following the murders LE already had received 10,000 tips. That’s an incredible number! As LE knows more now than they did then, were the right questions always asked? Probably not but that’s not the fault of LE. That’s just a normal occurrence of an ongoing investigation. It would seem prudent to me that LE would want to reinterview people who offered tips in the past to dig deeper beyond recorded information.

10,000 tips by Mar 7/17
ISP: 'The truth will come out' in Delphi murders
If they want to re-interview people who gave tips early on, then why not come out and say exactly that, rather than issue a cryptic vehicle message, with no vehicle details at all, even getting the date wrong. Whatever LE's messsage was, got lost in the telling. I gave a couple of tips really early on but I didn't see a vehicle at the CPS building. So do they want me to call in again? I don't think so. That's partly my point.

If they want to re-interview people who gave tips early on, then why not come out and say exactly that, rather than issue a cryptic vehicle message, with no vehicle details at all, even getting the date wrong. Whatever LE's messsage was, got lost in the telling. I gave a couple of tips really early on but I didn't see a vehicle at the CPS building. So do they want me to call in again? I don't think so. That's partly my point.

Confidentiality? LE would never say “would Joe Smuck please contact the officers at the command post so we can clarify some information you gave us earlier?”. Can you imagine, SM would go nuts! But Joe Smuck knows he already told LE he was parked there between noon and 5pm, either on the 13th or 14th so LE doesn’t have to disclose his name, is how I see it. So he’s aware he’s being asked to contact the officers at the command post, does so, and all is well.

Question - in watching and listening to Carter asking for the driver to come forward, did it seem like he was talking about the suspect? Because when I watch it, had I been in attendance, I’d not be left with that impression at all. In the tip information LE continues to seek, there’s also no mention of the suspect driving or owning a vehicle.

Last edited:
Carter asked the driver of a vehicle that was parked between the hours of noon and 5pm, originally on Feb 14th, to please contact the officers at the Delphi command post. I’m not sure what “it” you’re referring to.

He said “we are seeking the public’s help to identify the driver of a vehicle that was parked at the old CPS/DPS building....if you were parked there or know who was parked there please call the command post”. If they were looking for a witness to come forward that is a really weird way to ask for assistance and if they lost a witness I’d say that was a pretty big mess up. I don’t think that happened.

I think they are thinking it’s BG’s vehicle or someone related to him - maybe that drove him or picked him up. I’ve noticed that they say BG is the person on the bridge (and he is), but they are real careful to not say he is definitively the only person involved.

One day everything will be answered.

He said “we are seeking the public’s help to identify the driver of a vehicle that was parked at the old CPS/DPS building....if you were parked there or know who was parked there please call the command post”. If they were looking for a witness to come forward that is a really weird way to ask for assistance and if they lost a witness I’d say that was a pretty big mess up. I don’t think that happened.

I think they are thinking it’s BG’s vehicle or someone related to him - maybe that drove him or picked him up. I’ve noticed that they say BG is the person on the bridge (and he is), but they are real careful to not say he is definitively the only person involved.

One day everything will be answered.

I guess I don’t see it being a big mess up. I’ve never given a tip but I’d be surprised if next of kin contact number is asked for, or 40000+ tipsters are required to keep in touch with LE. Is one required to give their address even? I don’t know but tips can be given anonymously as well, is my understanding. If an address or current contact information isn’t provided, how would LE obtain it? 10000 tips in the first 3 weeks, it must’ve been a enormous task just to accurately process the recorded or transcribed information.

Confidentiality? LE would never say “would Joe Smuck please contact the officers at the command post so we can clarify some information you gave us earlier?”. Can you imagine, SM would go nuts! But Joe Smuck knows he already told LE he was parked there between noon and 5pm, either on the 13th or 14th so LE doesn’t have to disclose his name, is how I see it. So he’s aware he’s being asked to contact the officers at the command post, does so, and all is well.

Question - in watching and listening to Carter asking for the driver to come forward, did it seem like he was talking about the suspect? Because when I watch it, had I been in attendance, I’d not be left with that impression at all. In the tip information LE continues to seek, there’s also no mention of the suspect driving or owning a vehicle.

Maybe they don't have all the details of who called and emailed in and of course they're not going to say could "Fanny Adams call us back please" but they could put a general plea out, if that is what they mean, but I don't think they do mean that. I think they want the person who drove that vehicle or someone who saw who drove that vehicle, to come forward, They don't want to know about the vehicle type- they already know that IMO, Now that/those person(s) has/have come forward, we are hearing no more about the cryptic vehicle. They have what they need I think.

I guess I don’t see it being a big mess up. I’ve never given a tip but I’d be surprised if next of kin contact number is asked for, or 40000+ tipsters are required to keep in touch with LE. Is one required to give their address even? I don’t know but tips can be given anonymously as well, is my understanding. If an address or current contact information isn’t provided, how would LE obtain it? 10000 tips in the first 3 weeks, it must’ve been a enormous task just to accurately process the recorded or transcribed information.

As I said, in the early days, I gave a couple of email tips, noone ever got back to me to say they received it or to ask me more info. I even followed up with another email asking if they got the tip and again I got no answer. The second tip I put in, was also connected to another case. They didn't get back to me about that either. I just have to hope they received and checked out the info.

Maybe they don't have all the details of who called and emailed in and of course they're not going to say could "Fanny Adams call us back please" but they could put a general plea out, if that is what they mean, but I don't think they do mean that. I think they want the person who drove that vehicle or someone who saw who drove that vehicle, to come forward, They don't want to know about the vehicle type- they already know that IMO, Now that/those person(s) has/have come forward, we are hearing no more about the cryptic vehicle. They have what they need I think.

I wonder why LE is no longer asking for that information, if it was critical to solving the case? Carter made at least three subsequent appearances after the PC, no mention of the suspect being associated to a vehicle at all. Even if the car was identified, that the suspect was connected would seem like a key piece of information in the seeking of tips.

That LE isn’t talking about it any longer is why I don’t think it’s directly connected.

Oh? Could they not locate the person via the plates?

The tip lines keep thorough track of the personal identification of their tipsters unless tips done through an anonymous portal.
MOO I think perhaps detectives simply didn't think of that CPS parking lot as important to the crime until lately.
Now they think he got "around quickly."and are looking for a witness of a driver and vehicle in the CPS lot. To even know there was a vehicle there at all means a witness, photo, dashcam or other video.

I don’t think we can conclude a relative was the driver of the car or it was a tip that might directly result in an arrest. Considering the new direction LE is probably reviewing a lot of older information that might’ve been not considered pertinent until recently.

When Carter mentioned the parked car, he originally stated the date was Feb 14th. A day later it was updated to Feb 13th. But I still wonder if Feb 14th was in fact the correct date and the person they wanted to talk to had given prior information regarding something suspicious about someone involved in the search. Maybe LE was in the process of reaching out a second time to everybody involved that day? Carter certainly seemed sure the killer was closely invested, someone “hiding in plain sight”.
The date was actually corrected the same day, although many media outlets reported it as the 14th. We watched it on our local station here and if I recall correctly, the date was corrected after the video portion of the PC had been cut, but the audio was still running.

Since this driver/vehicle information appears to be directly related to the crime via proximity and time frame I would think they’d be really sure they got everyone’s information that was there that day or anyone that purported to see a driver/vehicle. They could potentially be called to testify as a witness in any future trial proceedings. If they didn’t that would be a mess up.

Was this an anonymous tip? If it was an anonymous tip called in then they wouldn’t have the contact information. It’s still a bizarro way to ask for a witness to come forward.

Carter was channeling Yoda during this particular portion of the PC (abandoned building that sounded like he was talking about a vehicle) so who knows.

As I said, in the early days, I gave a couple of email tips, noone ever got back to me to say they received it or to ask me more info. I even followed up with another email asking if they got the tip and again I got no answer. The second tip I put in, was also connected to another case. They didn't get back to me about that either. I just have to hope they received and checked out the info.

Interesting. In this case I think LE was confident an arrest would be made very early. How unique is that, for a victim to capture a video/photo of the suspect. So IMO they expected the opportunity would present itself to drill down on somebody with loose lips or someone recognizable leaving the scene as odds are always high that murder victims know their killer. A smaller population, people are more apt to recognize one another as well. So investigators were optimistic a hot, incriminating tip would come any day. That’s certainly not to blame LE because that’s what should’ve happened. Just that it didn’t so now more than two years later it’s full circle and the emphasis is back on a person with local, connections once again.

It must be very difficult for those who live in and around Delphi (not referring to the suspect or anyone covering for him).

This is for anyone that lives where the billboards are up (there are none in my state)...Do the billboards still list BG as last seen at 2:30? I saw one from a media report on 2/24/17, that had the time listed. Otherwise, my google image searches just pull up billboards with last seen - Delphi, Indiana. This is even on the NBG billboards.

I’ve never been optimistic that they have any clue whatsoever as to who BG is.

But with the latest PC and NBG sketch head being the one we should place on BG body video walking and the information that he is local or was local, the younger age but may appear younger etc... that’s very specific information. I sure hope they do have a lot more on who BG is otherwise these very specific characteristics may discourage someone from phoning in a tip if it doesn’t match their specifics.

Since this driver/vehicle information appears to be directly related to the crime via proximity and time frame I would think they’d be really sure they got everyone’s information that was there that day or anyone that purported to see a driver/vehicle. They could potentially be called to testify as a witness in any future trial proceedings. If they didn’t that would be a mess up.

Was this an anonymous tip? If it was an anonymous tip called in then they wouldn’t have the contact information. It’s still a bizarro way to ask for a witness to come forward.

Carter was channeling Yoda during this particular portion of the PC (abandoned building that sounded like he was talking about a vehicle) so who knows.

Channeling Yoda, great comparison lol! He also originally stated Feb 14th, not the 13th.

ETA - I’m not sure that a parked car at the other end of the Monon Bridge trail head is indicative of someone getting around quickly. But as iirc he was not spotted on the actual trail, as others have said, it appeared he had familiarity with the trail system/bridge and came and left quickly. If so there were other places he could’ve parked (cemetery, SE road under the bridge) that afforded even quicker access, if he in fact drove.

MOO There is another way to
get around quickly and unseen.
Along the south bank of Deer Creek.
MOO there is an informal foot path there.
That exit route has BG crossing Deer Creek from south to north by I25, where there is another flat sand bar area to cross. Then walking 1/8 mile north on I25's shoulder to the CPS parking lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong