IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #106

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ilovechili

ilovechili Well-Known Member

Probably about the same age, both retired so I thought it was likely one and the same. Small area so maybe related? It does not matter other than I am trying to get a feel for the area. The one is very zealously religious clearly, nothing wrong with that. I was just wondering with references to things like The Shack, etc. is what led me down this road.

2. Jerrod

Jerrod Well-Known Member

I'll agree with you that discerning BG's age based on the grainy video stills is a haphazard proposition, but "virtually all" the early theories involved a younger man? That's not true in the least. The prevailing thought in the early days was that the raspy "down-the-hill" voice was that of a long-term tobacco user. Some even suggested BG can be identified by his smoker's cough. When the original sketch came out, there was no outcry - or "shock" - that it was not an age-appropriate interpretation of BG in the video stills. (The hooded eyelids were noted as one reason why.)

Use the keyword search box and "search this forum" for terms like "raspy" and "middle aged" and see what you come up with in the first two dozen threads. Even a keyword like "Carhartt" as being a typical middle-aged man's attire in rural Indiana was being cited to support the notion that BG is older.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  3. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Well-Known Member

BBM. Thank you so much for posting this. It clears up so much for me!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2019
  4. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

I'm not disagreeing with you here, but it is also based on where in the community you're coming from. Yesterday, I commented on my own relatively "sheltered" life, unaware that certain activities are common place in some areas. I do believe that the good people of Delphi and area desperately want this heinous crime solved and an arrest made, having no idea of where to look for the killer. Yet, there is another element of society in Delphi and surrounding area (the underbelly if you will) that could most likely careless and the perp may well be found in that element, of which the good people know nothing of. JMO

5. Spy Versus Spy

Spy Versus Spy Well-Known Member

Apologies for replying to my own post. Too late to edit.

Am I mistaken in my op in believing that the OSG sketch came from more than one witness/source?

DancingMuse and susiQ like this.
  6. lakelette

lakelette Active Member

I hope it's okay to mention this, but it seems appropriate to me. The families of Abby and Libby are raising money for their memorial park and have an opportunity to earn matching funds for donations made by the end of June. Thought it was worth sharing! I know that I'd like to pitch in a little. Abby and Libby Memorial Park | Patronicity

Wells, IQuestion, Angelcat13 and 5 others like this.
  7. FinePrint

FinePrint Well-Known Member

This is from last years CrimeCon. I just wanted to post it again because it is discussed in detail how OBG sketch was developed. Just thought it was good to review again.

At about the 22:40 mark.... also at 49:00 LE speaks about cameras in the area (trail cams)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    HayLouise, Wells, IQuestion and 13 others like this.
  8. x_files

x_files Well-Known Member

for the longest time, I saw his hand in his pocket. Then after staring at it forever, I can make out maybe a brown fanny pack in front or his hand near his crotch.

9. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

Could be and I hope you're right! Me on the other hand thinks DC's comment about a wee bit of conscience left strikes me as "wishful thinking." JMO

Krwiley60, IQuestion, BNA and 4 others like this.
  10. cody22

cody22 Well-Known Member

Or possibly a tool belt with pouch ?......moo

11. x_files

x_files Well-Known Member

Some people laughed when scared, or nervous too. Not just to mock someone.
    They could have laughed because his behavior was odd or even alarming/scared them.
    I know a few times I caught someone doing that I have laughed out of completely taken off guard and how ludicrous and inappropriate their behavior was.

12. MuddyTires

MuddyTires Well-Known Member

Ahh....sorry for the typo that I didn't notice until seeing this post quoted. The "with" in the last sentence was supposed to be "wish"!

13. JnRyan

JnRyan Well-Known Member

I agree. LE didn't handle that very well. The media was at RL's place in no time to film the removal of his vehicle and his arrest. In defense of LE, they bring in 100-200 personnel in a town of 3000 and then there is the nationwide coverage and billboards. That inadvertently created a circus that drew the media and they were on everything LE did. I don't believe anyone in LE had the experience or training in dealing with a media event of that magnitude and it was quickly out of their control. Then they were asked about the number of arrests resulting from tips on this case and they stated they would not turn their back on ANY crime they came across in this case. A person committing a crime - for example, growing some marijuana plants in the middle of their cornfield - is not likely to call in any suspicious activity or persons for fear of drawing attention to themselves.

I hope LE is studying this from a media or public relations perspective and learn from it.

14. Spy Versus Spy

Spy Versus Spy Well-Known Member

Thank you FinePrint.

So...from the '18 crimecon vid...the older sketch guy was put together by an fbi artist based on at least 2 witnesses who LE believed had seen BG. One at least was a female ( inadvertant 'she'?) and it was this witness that was unhappy with an element of the sketch produced? Is this an accurate summation of the video?

If so, and this is a recurring issue I have, where is the contradictory info in e.g this article coming from?One year after alleged Delphi killer sketch released, here is what we know, and don't:

15. sillybilly

sillybilly WS Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

ADMIN NOTE:

Next person who decides to ridicule another member's theory gets a nice long thread reply ban or TO.

crhedBngr, Wells, Invisible and 11 others like this.
  16. FinePrint

FinePrint Well-Known Member

After re watching last years CrimeCon interview with the girls families I just have to hope that this new direction and new sketch is based on something so undeniable, something so big that OBG sketch is no longer considered relevant. Although I'll add that Carter has said recently something to the effect he may look like a combination of both OBG and NBG sketch ( I think I heard that correctly from him).

The family and so many others have put in such a great deal of work and time getting out the sketch of OBG to every destination they can think of including all counties in the country, college campuses, which they were working on at the time of the interview as well as parks.

Now having to start all over again with the new sketch....I can see why Carter wanted to give them a couple of weeks to digest this new information after the PC in April.

17. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

JMHO, but maybe just maybe, someone in the public investigating this case may come up with that "one tip" they need. It would appear that after two plus years of going down the wrong "alley", they need all the help they can get. Of course, I agree, side by side photos of so-called suspects comparing them to NBG sketch, is not helpful.

18. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

Listen to it, ISP Carter is asked something very specific about the Delphi murders at that Flora case PC and he answers. So it's about the Delphi case also.

19. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

I think this was one of the mistakes they made early on, among others I'm thinking. If the crime called for an arrest, they could have delayed it, so as not to embroil the investigation in rumours right from the get go.

Not long ago in a small city close to us a child went "missing'. Outcome was the child was found, just wandered off. In the course of searching, LE went to every home in the area and requested to search the property. Our friend said, "by all means, but you're going to find some MJ plants in pots on the back deck." LE response, "No worries, that's not what we're here for." Just sayin'.

alj65, IQuestion, Charlot123 and 10 others like this.
  20. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

Love this post! I feel the same for RL.

Hot Water, IQuestion, karenky and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.