IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #106

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angelcat13

Angelcat13 Well-Known Member

Thank you so very much!

2. Angelcat13

Angelcat13 Well-Known Member

Thank you!

SeattleStew, susiQ, MizStery and 2 others like this.
  3. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

Julie Melvin on youtube has a video
    #3 retracing Abby and Libby's steps.

The sand bar in the creek is oblique, its a short few steps wade from the south bank to the sand bar, short walk up the bar and then short shallow few steps to the north bank.
    Wet shoes though.

girlhasnoname, watcher9, kkdj and 8 others like this.
  4. somequestions

somequestions Well-Known Member

I think the 2 sketches released by investigators are simply people they have not been able to identify out on the Monon High Bridge trail that day.

If law enforcement is wrong about the sketches that means the only way this case gets solved is if they get lucky and someone recognizes the person Liberty German videotaped on her phone. But the phone picture is not clear enough for many people. Or the case gets solved through some type of DNA match.

In my opinion, I think they should examine all the possibilities and one of those is that maybe this person may not be local to the Delphi, Indiana area.

If this case gets solved it will be because of Liberty German pulling out her cell phone to get the video. Just imagine for a second how far "off" the case would be if she hadn't gotten the picture.

5. Cutiekitty

Cutiekitty Well-Known Member

At about 1730 I flashing light on the ground.

6. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

I've visited the "dark web" on many occasions for research. Access is as easy as checking in here at WS. One doesn't need to visit the sub-internet to find despicable things, though. The dark web gets a bad reputation for having "scary" things, but many of those same things can be found on this level as well. You just have to know where to look.

7. mtnlites

Not necessarily. I've only ran into people on one trip to the cemetery. In the middle of the workday I'd wager that it would be empty. Weekends see the most traffic. A vehicle parked there may or may not draw attention.

8. mtnlites

SBM

Eastern Kentuckian here, born and bred and still here, and I use "y'all" and "guys" interchangeably without any weight given to one phrase or the other.

I don't think we can tell geographic region by the simple use of the word "guys." Any of you out there who have children have probably heard the YouTubers start most of their videos with "hey guys." I can hear it in my sleep. My BA was in Anthropology, with my minor in Linguistics. I could bore you all with all kinds of information and dialects, word choices, and accents but the most important thing is that it's no longer easy to tell a person's place of origin simply by word choice. 40 years ago, when people were mostly influenced by those who lived near them, language was much more insular. That is no longer so. Now language is influenced by hundreds of television stations, people traveling more and more, and the internet. The phrase "you guys" or "hey guys" is so general that I don't know a linguist out there who'd use it as an identifiable phrase. It's simply too common.

9. HockeyMom330

HockeyMom330 Well-Known Member

I think all of the ideas presented above are logical possibilities. A curiosity I've always had re: the phone is how LE knows that Libby took the video/audio and not Abby. Just because it was Libby's phone doesn't necessarily mean (IMO) that she was in possession of it when BG approached. KG said that Libby did not have pockets, so it would have been difficult for her to conceal the phone. My only thought is that Abby is sighted in the video, so it must have been Libby holding the phone...but then again, I'm not 100% sure that there is much more video than the guy walking on the bridge.

10. Linda9681

Linda9681 Active Member

what is hillarious about this is the person it sounds MOST like to ME ( this is silly, and I am not suggesting in ANY way this is truth, just jest) is the dang ISP guy himself DC! I had to stop listening to him alltogether to get this out of my head :)

the funny thing about sketches is.. when someone asks you what someone looks like, you dont think in those terms, you think... WHO do they look like? Do they look like Justin Bieber? No, more like Justin Timberlake...and that is why sketches are usually sketchy.

MJPeony, Angelcat13, Wells and 6 others like this.
  11. Jabarn

Jabarn Well-Known Member

Well thought out. I do think, looking back at the first three images of BG and speculation (that at least the back corner of Abby’s jacket is in one of the original frames).

The original shared pics from the video that was finally released in April doesn't seem to show that at all.

It was Libby’s phone in the first place and she may have captured a bit of Abby, that was inadvertently shared in the first released stills. There has been no confirmation of that, so it’s purely intuition and MO.

I missed Libby didn’t have any pockets to hide the phone once the girls were cornered. That is interesting, but maybe she tucked it under her sleeve, so to speak.

Wells, Boxer, DancingMuse and 3 others like this.
  12. tresir2012

tresir2012 Oh! What a tangled web we weave....

Yep, saw that just as the police helicopter comes into view there are two or three flashes I think. That has to be the crime scene IMO.

13. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

Beautifully said. I know EXACTLY how you feel. The tears may still flow when we speak of them but our hearts are full and we are comforted in knowing how much they were loved not only by us but by their friends.

14. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

I try to remember they said 18-40 years old. Now for a comparison only, as I know he is not a POI on this thread, but take a look at GK, arrested for the murder of NB. He's 21 years old but to me looks much older than my very young looking 36 year old son. GK has MPB whereas my son has a thick head of dark hair. GK has a voice that sounds older than his 21 years as well, or it sounds that way to me at least. Just a thought.

kc1023, FromGermany, FLH and 4 others like this.
  15. IQuestion

IQuestion Well-Known Member

CK..Page # or post # on the media thread? I do not FB and can not access.

Cutiekitty and DancingMuse like this.
  16. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

Are there ANY 18-40 year olds that don't?:p:D Kidding aside, I believe he had a cell phone.

Owl4, MJPeony, Angelcat13 and 4 others like this.
  17. HockeyMom330

HockeyMom330 Well-Known Member

You make a very valid point, however I'm still surprised that LE didn't narrow the age range of BG based on profiling. The sketch seems to depict a younger man closer to his late teens or early twenties, but the image from Libby's phone is inconclusive and has given many the impression that he is a more mature adult. With a range as wide as 18-40 they are basically saying it could have been a highschool kid or a man old enough to have fathered a highschool-aged kid. Such a difference in the context around suspects from the extreme ends of this range.

Hatfield, Wells, DancingMuse and 4 others like this.
  18. Cutiekitty

I can’t find things in the media thread easily. This should be a YT link to the media footage. Hope it’s ok to post this link.

19. cody22

cody22 Well-Known Member

I bet BG did not have his cell phone with him or his vehicle(if any) on that February 13th....moo

20. Cutiekitty

That’s what I thought - Glad others see it too. I thought I was hallucinating.

DancingMuse, IQuestion and susiQ like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.