Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #107

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TL4S

TL4S Well-Known Member

I see a blob with a sloth sticking out of his jacket.

ETA: I am not good with determining anything from the pictures/video. I wish I was. :(

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  2. TL4S

TL4S Well-Known Member

So he was only like 80 or 90 feet from them? I wonder when they had their conversation about not having anywhere to go. How long had they watched him crossing the bridge? Hmm...

3. MJPeony

MJPeony Well-Known Member

So sorry- can someone direct me to the transcript of LE saying the girls definitely crossed the creek? (The video posted a couple pages back is not syncing up for me.).

I checked for a while in the media thread but my tired brain has given up after searching multiple pages. TIA.

4. Thelastleg

Thelastleg Active Member

I'm with you on this. It just seems very plausible that they made a run for it and he cut them off. I'm still in two minds whether he had an accomplice hiding on the other side of the bridge.

5. TL4S

TL4S Well-Known Member

My personal feeling is no, no accomplice. And I know this is really baseless, but he's such an a**hole that I just don't see him crossing the creek. Yeah, cross the bridge again, listen to the girls crossing the creek below, squeeling at how cold the water is while he cuts through the woods. I can see him doing that.

Just for the heck of it, here's two maps. One is the girl's route across the creek (my guess only as to the easiest route down hills and over sandbars). The other is IF BG had crossed back over the bridge and walked through the woods to cut them off, meeting up with them. His "down the hill" in this scenario is the hill behind the cemetery. His route, in this case, is only 672 feet further than the girls. He had the bridge to cross, they had the creek. Does the timing seem plausible to meet around that area? IDK

Attached Files:

ilovechili, FLH, Thelastleg and 12 others like this.
  6. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

Yes. I agree, to even think about this crime requires thinking like the most cowardly self interested killer you can imagine. This crime has always seemed to be like a shoplifter, hanging around ready, noticing a lull or distraction and then taking fast, bold action.

7. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

Not from the creek up, but in view of the creek, here are a few photos of the yellow taped area. Also, in this article there are a couple of short videos where the neighbor shows the area to a reporter.
    Delphi property owner: "I can't comprehend it"

Attached Files:

8. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

RSABBM
    Yes, this is the $64,000 question for me. Why was all of that passed by?

9. Cutiekitty

Cutiekitty Well-Known Member

The leading the girls across the creek theory never sat right with me. Them going across to get away sits better.

MysteryAlpaca, x_files, FLH and 16 others like this.
  10. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

According to my attempt at understanding the lay of the land, where the girls were dropped off and were supposed to be picked up was a since-closed access through the M’s property, directly beside the Mary Gerard Nature Reserve, on the west side towards Delphi. The path joined up with the same trail to the bridge that led from the main access, but making it somewhat of a shorter route.

The trails led to the bridge which crossed the creek, and their bodies were discovered on the same side as the trail heads and cemetery which it why it’s presumed they crossed the creek from the far end of the bridge. The old rail bridge is quite long and passes over far more land than water. It apparently takes about 7 minutes to walk from one end to the other.

11. Jabarn

Jabarn Well-Known Member

I totally agree, although logic takes a backseat sometimes. If his intent was abduction or assault, why would he stage the attack at the tail end of the bridge and not wait until they came back across?

All I can think he saw an opportunity, was aware of what was below the bridge, and took a chance. I kind of lean toward the girls running across the creek, too. If so, why didn’t he just turn tail and get out of there?

12. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

I agree, one of those video walks I watched shows the area on the "down the hill" side, going along the creek upstream. It showrd an area of tall trees but they weren't crowded. It looked very secluded. I think that might have been the spot he was taking them to. The access to the creek up that way didn't look as steep either. I think they made a run for it to cross over or get out in the open to look for help. Only thing is nobody heard screams or yells, well that we've heard of anyway.

13. MistyWaters

If it wasn’t an extraordinary event to hear gunshots in the distance coming from acreages and farms or rabbit hunters in the rural area and if the girls attempted to flee across the river, I’ve always wondered if he did indeed abandon an attempted SA or kidnapping plot and just stood at the river bank, aimed and shot them in the back as they attempted to run upward toward the ridge. If so that could be why LE doesn’t have a good, known DNA sample. It would also make for a very quick tragedy, the murderer gone within minutes.

Another reason I lean towards this theory as well is their death would’ve come quickly without additional involvement of torture, pain or suffering :(. That said, the murderer could’ve made the choice to just let them run but that he didn’t is proof he needs to be caught, a ruthless, disturbed creature. JMO

14. Jabarn

Jabarn Well-Known Member

Yes, as far as I can tell from MSM, no one heard a thing. Trying to imagine if I would scream in a predicament like this and honestly don’t think I would, because I would be more afraid of BG than hope of help, if that makes sense, so would be quiet. :mad:

All in all, we don’t know how the girls came to be in their final resting spot. There are so many possibilities.

One other thing to consider is the mention of looking for a car parked at the social services building, and not one parked at the trailhead, where the girls were dropped off. It could mean a lot.

Even the cemetery could be a place for BG to have parked, but that was never mentioned in the press releases.

15. tresir2012

tresir2012 Oh! What a tangled web we weave....

I couldn't find it either. I think thread 65 may have it somewhere in it. Still looking.

16. Jabarn

Jabarn Well-Known Member

So scary, but possible. He might have taking hunting to another level. Not sure, but something to consider, MW. If so, I would assume two possibilities 1) he wanted to make sure no witness were available and/or 2) he wanted to complete a hunt. JMO, too.

17. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

If someone knows, are pictures from ABC-7 reporter's Twitter ok to link here?

18. cody22

cody22 Well-Known Member

Yes, I think so. I see Media Twitter posts on other threads.....moo

19. MizStery

MizStery Missing Pregnant Lacy P. brought me here in 2005

Error in posting

20. MistyWaters

IMO to your first possibility, that would describe to me the epitome of A Coward, shooting at two innocent children as they’re attempting to make their way to safety.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.