Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #107

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tresir2012

tresir2012 Oh! What a tangled web we weave....

How do they actually know this though? What has brought LE to this conclusion?

Eg. Someone could be from Lafayette and know the trails like the back of his hand if he frequented them often.

watcher9, Krwiley60, Seenit and 3 others like this.
  2. tresir2012

tresir2012 Oh! What a tangled web we weave....

Poll results of what posters think they can see on BG's head.

23 think it's a hat
    3 think it's hair
    6 think it's a hoodie

3. Trino

Trino Well-Known Member

Jumping in here...
    I just don’t think BG’s family/friends have put two and two together. BG may be a guy who lives at home, goes to work daily, keeps to himself, does nothing wrong to make himself a suspect. IMO he’s not Delphi local but neighboring local. Seems a too complicated scenario for someone who just happened upon the bridge and surrounding area.

4. Thelastleg

Thelastleg Well-Known Member

Thank you very much. I have got it clear in my head now with your description.

5. Thelastleg

Thelastleg Well-Known Member

Wow, what detail. That is brilliant. I never had thought it possible that they had ran off and crossed the creek on their own and BG could have went back over the bridge. However after reading your scenario, I can see now that if that happened, the girls were fleeing to the safety of the pick up point and he knew whereabouts they would be heading. I'm just puzzled how no one saw or heard anything.

6. TL4S

TL4S Dumbified Clown

That puzzles me in any of the scenarios. This, IMO, is why some of us say he was lucky. How no one heard or saw anything?

watcher9, Seenit, JnRyan and 3 others like this.
  7. FinePrint

FinePrint Well-Known Member

Thanks, that is really interesting and I agree with you in regard to him being local. Could have been a childhood hang out of sorts or he simply had intimate knowledge.

8. Cutiekitty

Cutiekitty Well-Known Member

Yep. In that post the poster states the pic was at 2:07. They have no way of knowing when the pic was posted unless they saw it posted at exactly 2:07 and noted that 7 hours later. That’s why I think the 2:07 time that’s been used in almost all scenarios is wrong. I think it was actually posted shortly after they arrived (1:35-1:45). If I’m correct then there is more time between the initial encounter with BG and the final outcome.

9. Spy Versus Spy

Spy Versus Spy Well-Known Member

I think the possibly earlier posting of pic ,and thfore potentially longer contact period ,fits with both the audio being ' The stuff of nightmares....' and also (still cannot find source so imo) the comment ' ...you hear the guy/man/attacker/BG becoming impatient with the Girls......(paraphrase) ((((( other posters recall being aware of this quote too...from a fam member or LE in an intvw , when asked about other audio.....Im searching daily for the source still)))))

There has to be some time elapse for the 'frustration'?

On the other hand, the earlier posting of pic and thfore potentially extended period of contact ,does really tighten the timeline at the other end? Drop off by KG 1.35/40pm? How long to reach bridge? +5min to cross to point of pic?

Eta 'earlier' not later posting of pic

DancingMuse and susiQ like this.
  10. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

I think the answer to this lies in the fact that BG took them OFF the trails and knew the EXACT topography of the land, like the "back of his hand," so-to-speak. BG had a familiarity that not many would have. What I will never understand is how this wasn't obvious to LE right from the get-go.

jjevans, x_files, ilovechili and 6 others like this.
  11. Spy Versus Spy

Spy Versus Spy Well-Known Member

Just a little side post.

Ive been scouring 2+ years of msm and other sources and little news broadcasts and intvws and phone-ins and am struck at how much effort BP MP KG and AW have put into all the above. Plus leafleting fayres and events and Sports events, and mailing flyers across State and Country, phone intvws , SM intvws, tv intvws, organising SM campaigns, etc etc etc.

I feel like Ive seen and heard the same intvw 1000x. Mostly by BP and MP.

And it struck me today.......just how devastated they must have been that after nearly 2yrs of this focus on pushing the OBG mugshot.............. The utter commitment and emotional effort to get this out there........

And then April PC. Im drained just thinking of it.

12. R.U.Kidding!

R.U.Kidding! Well-Known Member

I just watched that show last night. I thought it was interesting that they had said it was unseasonable warm that day. The girls did not want to wear even their sweatshirts and this guy almost disappears into his heavy clothing. I will have to watch this again since I missed the part about the mother hearing a conversation by the girls. I do remember the narrator say they could not go back to their pickup point because they would have to pass this guy.
    That conversation by the girls would change my theory of the girls knowing this guy....and I was so convinced of that . If this is true I will have to go back to square one.
    The Mothers attitude about this horrific event seemed rather shallow with a cocky attitude. She bothered me , not the way I would think you would act when your child has been murdered.
    But that's just me.

neesaki likes this.
  13. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

It is remarkable they have not lashed out in anger about it I am really surprised how supportive they continue to be of law enforcement. My heart breaks for them.

14. TL4S

TL4S Dumbified Clown

So if the only way that friend could have known it happened at 2:07 is if she saw it right when it was posted, than for her to say that exact time with certainty the next day, maybe she texted someone, even Libby, right after the post? That would have had a labeled time.

Also, LE would have known the exact time of the video and audio, right? I mean, that information is stored?

Sorry, I'm not that familiar with SC or iphones. :)

15. TL4S

TL4S Dumbified Clown

Lots of valid questions here. I think it's also possible he was just impulsive and lucky. At the very least he was probably watching and listening for other people on the trail. He could have ditched the whole thing all the way up to the point he had the girls under his control.

I wish I was more familiar with the trail. From the bridge, and especially from the north end of it, how much of the trail is visible? I would imagine that's the direction he'd be most wary of people coming from. JMO

If he'd gained control already at the south end of the bridge, could he have gotten the girls down the hill, through the woods, and across the creek without being visible from the bridge? Certainly that all would take enough time for someone else to start crossing the bridge? Seems like a risky option. MOO

It does make me look again at what I was obsessively posting about yesterday - BG recrossing the bridge while the girls took the woods to avoid confronting him. If the girls saw him heading back over the bridge, I think their concerns would have lessened and they maybe wouldn't have been in as big of a hurry (although probably still unnerved and wanting to get to Libby's dad).

So BG gets to the north end of the bridge, still probably with an idea of where the girls are because either he can hear/see them, or he simply figures they are heading to the road or trail. Once at the north end, before he goes into the woods to cut them off, can he see down the trail? If someone was walking towards him, he'd just walk the trail back like normal. But if nobody was around, he'd go after them? It's just an idea. I'm not wholly married to this theory, but it fills enough gaps for me to want to consider it fully.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  16. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

I haven't been able to watch the program yet, but with respect to "attitude" we have to remember everyone grieves differently and at different times. From personal experience having lost an adult son, there are days I still weep and days that I go about life, living, laughing and loving and easily speaking of him without bursting into tears. I can't even imagine what it would be like to lose a child under such horrific circumstances. Also, as time passes, it becomes easier to control our emotions when in public. Time never takes away the pain, but does allow us to control our emotion better.

JDough, MDATCA, R.U.Kidding! and 15 others like this.
  17. HEY YOU!

HEY YOU! Well-Known Member

Looking at the maps, I can't help but feel BG is extremely familiar with the area. I feel that he definitely planned to do this that day. I can't stop the feeling that he killed them because one or both of them knew something that he didn't want to get out. Or he lured them online through a secret app to rape/kill.

Also, I thought I had read that Abby had a boyfriend? Is that true?

Lastly, I think Libby kicked her shoe off on purpose to lead searchers. Just a thought.

18. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

MOO it is very possible not to be seen if you don't want to be in a wooded area. Just get off trail and be quiet.

Winds coming from the W and SW. MOO that sent most noise if any was made to the east.

19. JMT1008

JMT1008 Active Member

Just marking my spot. Keep up the great discussion. :)

DancingMuse and Boxer like this.
  20. MizStery

MizStery Missing Pregnant Lacy P. brought me here in 2005

Boxer I think your idea would fit in with my amateur profile of BG.
    Hi Misty,your scenario is a possibility. But I believe BG was a sadistic animal like Zak in the Holly Bobo Case. Shooting would be quick and never satisfy his cruel urges or fantasies.

Hi susuQ, I agree the crime was about BG’s sadistic fantasies of ultimate power over his victims suffering, life and death. It makes me sick to write this post but I think BG is going to act out again and must be caught and caged like the rabid animal he is.

MOO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.