Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #107

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the consensus on that idea that BG was NOT transient? Was he in someway affiliated with the area? Did he plan on doing this or was it strictly a crime of opportunity?
We really have to be guided by LE on this. Originally a local was suspected, then a non local transient type, now LE are saying a local or someone with local ties. This has been the major problem with this investigation IMO. Now Delphi are looking inwards and everyone local is suspect. So what is suspect? Grand parents or parents from Delphi. Someone 18 -40. Ok narrow that down and LE will have a pool of suspects to work from. Has this person offended before? If 18 then probably no. If 30+ then hell yes. There is a large pool of suspects. Anyone who is into statistics could perhaps work it out starting from the base of 3,000 +- inhabitants. LE should have the resources to work this out and check them all. MOO

Pure luck, I so much agree. He’s not been caught because he simply does not stand out.

There is nothing unusual about his appearance. The video still/photo is to blury. The crime happened in a rural location, low density population.

He’s no genius, he’s just a low life loser that when finally caught, I hope for one thing only...death! I’m greatful that here in Indiana the death penalty is on the table!

I don’t want my tax dollars going to feed or house this piece of crap.

This is just so freakin frustrating!
Gotta catch the first, argue about that later.

I don’t know what WRT means but if your asking how much I pay the state of Indiana, it’s north of $2000 per quarter. I don’t want to pay to feed or house this creep. I’m not talking about cost but rather what I wish my tax dollars to go towards and it would definitely not be to keep him breathing!
With reference to. :)

Just have to say that I do not live in Delphi but I live very close and this has affected my community as well.

Kids are out of school and want to have a fun summer outside instead of playing on the computer. Kids around here want to do things kids like to do like fish, hike around, bike ride...there is a lot of worry around here that this monster is still on the lose. I live near the old Monon RR tracks which is now a trail in my location as well. Our bridge is not as high and just crosses over the road along the lake.

This really is a big part of my frustration. Sorry for the vent!
Contact LE and ask if it is safe to let your kids out alone on the trails. You may get more specific info than they are giving to the state or national news. You pay their wages, you're entitled to know IMO. The summer holidays are coming up. Is it safe?

I have a hard time thinking the girls ran. I believe he had control of at least one girl from the get go probably before the command of down the hill. I think he was there with the intentions of attacking someone. He planned to follow someone who crossed the bridge knowing he could isolate them while seeing that no one else was crossing that bridge . He pre planned his escape. I do think that both girls were random victims.

yeah makes sense marg.
I also think the killer would have to have been covered in scratches, even though he appears to be layered up his face hands etc were exposed and in the winter those bare branches are severe and intensely overgrown and if he had to chase them for sure he copped some injuries simply from the terrain.

imo
I think you're right that if he lost control of the girls, if one or both made a dash for the creek he would have had to hustle to catch up and regain control getting wet, mucky and maybe even scratched up. Could be why or how Libby's shoe came off. The crime could have been planned for the "down the hill" side of the creek but the girls trying to flee to the other side changed that.

But another senario could include two killers, one waiting on the other side of that creek or "down the hill" and along the pathway to that area of the crime scene upstream. I still haven't discounted two killers working together. You wait over here type thing, I'll follow them across the bridge and bring down them here.

JMO..I keep thinking about LE saying so many of the videos are wrong. Everything has been hashed and rehashed so what are we missing. What we have seen makes sense to us. So how do we think differently?

Did the girls cross the bridge and then went back and he followed them and they went DTH on the north end? When they got there he could see if anyone was around and put his plan into action. Then they would not have crossed the creek.

Did they not cross the bridge at all? We are relying on a lay person who is matching up background trees to pinpoint the photo and maybe that is incorrect. Perhaps all the photos were on the north end and a tree there might match too.

How can all of our thinking be wrong? Any other ideas?
I have to ask myself, does it matter whether they crossed the creek or not, or went back over bridge or got into a vehicle under the bridge? And I have to say no it doesn't. Identify and track every single person at that bridge, that day. LE have that info and someone in that list knows who did it or did it themselves. MOO.

Last edited:
There are many cases where the killer is right there in the community. While I believe it is still possible, I also believe this case is one where there is the possibility of the killer being 100 miles, 200 miles or more from Delphi right now. And that is because of the publicity. He can turn on CNN, morning shows on the main networks, other cable networks and follow news articles on the internet. If he does get off on what this has done, he can do it from the living room of an apartment in Indianapolis, Chicago or Louisville. While I like ISP's approach to the press conference, I believe he 'signed in' from his favorite chair far away.

Of course, if this is not solved over the next year or so and LE cuts back and the publicity dies down what is this bottom dweller of society going to do? Maybe he will screw up like BTK did.
Delphi /Indiana cannot let that happen. Otherwise they will have more unsolved murders. They have to catch this guy . MOO.

I have to ask myself, does it matter whether they crossed the creek or not, or went back over bridge or got into a vehicle under the bridge? And I say no it doesn't. Identify and track every single person at that bridge, that day. LE have that info and someone in that list knows who did it or did it themselves. MOO.
In the context of us guessing what happened, than no, it probably doesn't matter because we don't have any of that information. However, those questions seem highly significant in determining motive, where he was parked, where he came from, and how it all went down. JMO

Strictly MOO!
A few have suggested this was and is a Pure Luck and random crime, I have strong doubts on this theory:

It has been mentioned this is a very popular park by people who live in the area---if so why then is this the first of its kind?
Do we believe there is a random murderer out there that has never targeted this area or any other area in Delphi?
If this were random have LE put out a formal warning for this killer as a threat to the community?
Seems like Abby and Libby were the ones he was interested in only?

When suggested Abby and Libby may have known this person, a few have stated LE has done extensive search of all Social media and friends, and surely would have found out if the girls knew him. I had said this could have been a secret crush or someone to keep secret. Secrets are not shared on Social Media--God knows that would never be a secret would it?
No! I believe this was someone the Young women did not want to share information on …...or he was someone who only Monitored them on Social media.

Why would a random killer be dressed in heavy clothing and have deliberately covered up his identity, and perhaps had weapons on him to stroll around a park for a Lucy Break! If that were the case someone that obvious would have stood out before contact with Abby and Libby don't you think? Even one of the girls refused to even wear a jacket that day.

I also find it incredibly odd that witnesses could have seen him through his disguise clearly enough to make a composite sketch, if that were the case why could no one else see through the video of him.
I also find it odd that it has been stated that a posters husbands carries a backpack with knives , twine and first aid material Everyday...this is someone who herself visits the park and lives near there. If her husband is a park ranger that would make sense other than that ….everyday? WHY? Does that mean many people in this area dress like him and carry dangerous tools? I doubt that.
….and finally if my belief that these young women may have known this individual is Victim Blaming , I assure you these young women simply trusted a very bad person. How could they possible know he was going to murder them. No, this was crime that could be committed only out of their Innocence.
RUK, I have to completely agree with you on this post and I thought exactly the same as you.

In the context of us guessing what happened, than no, it probably doesn't matter because we don't have any of that information. However, those questions seem highly significant in determining motive, where he was parked, where he came from, and how it all went down. JMO
No it doesn't matter. How many were at the park that day? 20, 30 40 ? That really is not many people to track down is it? They have had more than two years. Ok so someone misled them perhaps ? If that is true, I don't care, arrest that person and get this information buttoned down.

I think LE have done everything they could. You guys have to remember they had everybody working on this case.

The biggest problem is people live in their own world today. You try to keep the case alive in the public eye but if you're not connected to the victims or town or area, there isnt interest. People in California or New York dont pay attention and like a poster said, this guy can be anywhere. Louisville, Cali or NY.

No it doesn't matter. How many were at the park that day? 20, 30 40 ? That really is not many people to track down is it? They have had more than two years. Ok so someone misled them perhaps ? If that is true, I don't care, arrest that person and get this information buttoned down.
But how can LE know every single individual who was there that day? Some people will come forward to admit they were there, others will describe everyone else they remember seeing on the trail, but what about the people who came and went unnoticed? Who maybe didn't see anybody else that day?

If I ride my bike on a trail, and the next day am asked to describe every person I saw on it, I probably would have no idea, unless I knew them. I'm not saying LE shouldn't check every person on the trail that day, but they have to know who each person is first. JMO

Early on, LE said they had ID'd everyone on the trails except BG.

I think the killer was not seen by anybody on the trail and that’s the reason he proceeded to commit the murders. If he had been seen he’d have abandoned his plan that day and the girls would’ve been picked up by DG, nobody none the wiser of the abolished plot. Premeditated murders don’t necessarily proceed regardless...preplanning often involves mitigating arrest. In an outdoor wooded trail area with very few people coming or going, his odds of not being sighted were quite good, unfortunately. JMO

I think LE have done everything they could. You guys have to remember they had everybody working on this case.

The biggest problem is people live in their own world today. You try to keep the case alive in the public eye but if you're not connected to the victims or town or area, there isnt interest. People in California or New York dont pay attention and like a poster said, this guy can be anywhere. Louisville, Cali or NY.
Good point. This isn't a matter of not enough resources dedicated to the case or the case not getting enough publicity or the reward for info not significant enough or the victims not sympathetic enough for people to care. Given all that, and that 2 years and 4 months have passed, there's probably not going to be a resolution anytime soon.

But how can LE know every single individual who was there that day? Some people will come forward to admit they were there, others will describe everyone else they remember seeing on the trail, but what about the people who came and went unnoticed? Who maybe didn't see anybody else that day?

If I ride my bike on a trail, and the next day am asked to describe every person I saw on it, I probably would have no idea, unless I knew them. I'm not saying LE shouldn't check every person on the trail that day, but they have to know who each person is first. JMO
Well some of us have managed to work it out and they could put out an appeal if they don't know. They said BG was the only person who had not come forward so they have to know who was there. They have not put out an appeal for persons who were there to come forward have they? I may have missed it, I admit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998