Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #109

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone believe that the Delphi murderer could take captive two young girls and do whatever what all he did to them and leave NO dna behind for LE to find?

It doesn't seem like that could be the case, but LE has been so cagey about having killer's dna.

I sincerely hope that PE is/was BG, positively, and that the waiting and uncertainty will be over for the families of our two precious Delphi girls. God bless their souls.

Just MOO, but I believe LE DOES have the perp's DNA. I keep going back to the comment at the presser when the perp was being addressed directly: " One day, you will know what we know."

The poor man has stated before that when he gets up in the morning, he thinks about the last 30 minutes of both those girls' lives. I'm sure every time he is in town, he's looking at every male and wondering if that is the one who did this to his granddaughter. After two sketches, all the rumors, countless suspects who have come into light and then faded away...it would be maddening.

While I'm not set on PE being BG, I almost hope he is. No trial to sit through, no more wondering, no feeling suspicious of everyone around them. No more danger to anyone else. That family needs closure.

I have to agree, even though I doubt very much it was PE, I hope it WAS him. Why? Because I don't see this investigation moving forward. Since the April PC, when many of us thought an arrest was imminent, as the weeks and months have passed, we realize they don't even have a solid POI. Not with DNA (which we don't even know if some of it belongs to the killer), a voice, a video of his walk, over 40,000 tips and "We HAVE a witness." Wrap your head around that one. Initially, the "changing direction", the strong words by DC seemed so hopeful. Even with all the off the thread sleuthing many have done, we are no closer to having a viable suspect. BG must have been shaking in his boots April 22nd, but after 3 months, I'm guessing he's getting pretty comfortable again.

@Charlot123 I think you're on to something. The fact that his head is lowered distorts the contours of his face as you pointed out. Many of us are having a disconnect between the pic of BG and the NBG sketch. If they ever get this monster it will be interesting to see what he actually looks like and what rock he slithered out from under, Delphi, Flora, West Lafayette, Lebanon, Kokomo? Must remember, Delphi may have a population of 3,000, but including all these other towns brings that number up substantially.

Having said all that, I still hope "today's the day", that there is justice for Abby and Libby.

Well, that's my two cents for this morning :) Must get some coffee!

I have to agree, even though I doubt very much it was PE, I hope it WAS him. Why? Because I don't see this investigation moving forward. Since the April PC, when many of us thought an arrest was imminent, as the weeks and months have passed, we realize they don't even have a solid POI. Not with DNA (which we don't even know if some of it belongs to the killer), a voice, a video of his walk, over 40,000 tips and "We HAVE a witness." Wrap your head around that one. Initially, the "changing direction", the strong words by DC seemed so hopeful. Even with all the off the thread sleuthing many have done, we are no closer to having a viable suspect. BG must have been shaking in his boots April 22nd, but after 3 months, I'm guessing he's getting pretty comfortable again.

@Charlot123 I think you're on to something. The fact that his head is lowered distorts the contours of his face as you pointed out. Many of us are having a disconnect between the pic of BG and the NBG sketch. If they ever get this monster it will be interesting to see what he actually looks like and what rock he slithered out from under, Delphi, Flora, West Lafayette, Lebanon, Kokomo? Must remember, Delphi may have a population of 3,000, but including all these other towns brings that number up substantially.

Having said all that, I still hope "today's the day", that there is justice for Abby and Libby.

Well, that's my two cents for this morning :) Must get some coffee!
This case could quickly close with the discovery of PE as the Perp. It could be that “simple” despite all our elaborate theories and speculations.

I learned so much from the resolution of the decades old Jane Britton case. (The Harvard co-Ed). I was researching ancient burial rites because of the odd stones left on and around her body. I was convinced her death was part of an elaborate ritual.

Turns out her murderer was some random miscreant that climbed up the drain pipe in to her second floor apartment.
I tend to overthink these cases.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Really interesting speculation I hadn't considered. If this is the case, the autopsy probably will have likely shown marks on the wrists consistent with that type of restraint.

You cannot deduce anything from LE not revealing any info about the victims.
They do not want false confessions, a real confession being unable to be differentated from a false one, or to have people copy.. a copycat may be inspired to do so for various reasons, whether they were perps before or not.

I keep wondering how LE are so certain that the killer lives in Delphi or is there frequently. Can you think of reasons how they know this? Only things I can think of are (speculating only!):

+ the area is too remote or random for someone not familiar to have been there?

+ he left some sort of evidence at the scene that only a local could have left (like a matchbook or his hat or a time card from a local place or something)?

+ the murder weapon was left there and it’s from a particular company or place in Delphi?

+ they have digital evidence of him communicating with the girls repeatedly and making mention of seeing them in town?

I really can’t think of anything else. How can they be so certain (and they seem so sure of this fact). If we understand why they know he’s a local I think it could help us understand more about the crime and the killer.

Apologies if this has already been covered.
Perhaps he has been communicating to them, taunting them even.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this. I went to ISP site to play the video of BG walking on the bridge to study his gait a little better. What I noticed gave me chills. If you zoom all the way in on his face while video is playing, he seems to be either talking to himself, singing, I don't know...but it's very noticeable that his mouth is moving. I never picked up on it before, maybe someone else has?

Edit: Sorry I forgot to link

ISP: Delphi Homicide Investigation

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this. I went to ISP site to play the video of BG walking on the bridge to study his gait a little better. What I noticed gave me chills. If you zoom all the way in on his face while video is playing, he seems to be either talking to himself, singing, I don't know...but it's very noticeable that his mouth is moving. I never picked up on it before, maybe someone else has?

I have seen this mentioned a couple other times, maybe. I see it, too, although I can't tell if it's his mouth moving or just pixelation (is that even a real word?). At only 60 feet away, he could even be talking to the girls?

I have observed a possible rare mannerism!

I viewed the video-snip again and noticed something I have not noticed before !

It concern a possible mannerism, a mannerism I have never ever noticed
with any person.

To me it seems like the suspect is:
Walking with one hand, his right hand, in his jacket pocket.
And with his other hand, his left hand, in his trouser pocket.

Very odd, but could possibly be explained with that he has a gun or knife
in his right hand and in order to hide the possible weapon
has his right hand in the jacket pocket.

But if he did not have any weapon in his right hand
and was just walking along with one hand placed in
in the jacket pocket and the other hand in his trouser pocket
that would be a very odd mannerism IMO.

You normally either walk with both hands in your trouser pocket
or with both hands in your jacket pockets
NOT one hand in each garment !

Maybe this is what the police is referring to when they over and over are asking
people to observe any mannerism with the suspect.

SO...does anyone know a man who have this mannerism ?

Last edited:
I also feel like LE probably has a full dna profile, and I think I know why they're being so cagey about admitting it to the public.

I forget the exact name, but one killer actually went out of his way to never leave dna on anything he threw out, because he knew the police could legally search his trash, get dna off of it, and convict him. It took a set up at a restaurant to finally get the dna. I think LE is trying to avoid a potential situation like that, for when they finally zero in on a good suspect.

As for why they haven't nabbed the guy yet through GEDmatch or some other genealogy site, you have to remember those sites unfortunately aren't a catch all yet. There are people who won't show up at all. It's very likely they tried running the guy's dna through GEDmatch, and came up empty.

Does anyone believe that the Delphi murderer could take captive two young girls and do whatever what all he did to them and leave NO dna behind for LE to find?

It doesn't seem like that could be the case, but LE has been so cagey about having killer's dna.

I sincerely hope that PE is/was BG, positively, and that the waiting and uncertainty will be over for the families of our two precious Delphi girls. God bless their souls.

Excellent post and question.

Some people have suggested he may be chewing tobacco and spitting to his left side. it definitely looks like he slightly turns his head to his left and then back. He may also be mumbling or talking to himself, another reason the girls felt uneasy and recorded him perhaps.

There is also something else look at his right hand, the one that looks like it is under his jacket or in his jacket pocket, Just as the video comes to an end, and loops to the beginning again, there is something that looks like it is hanging down from his hand, just a glimpse, like a strap hanging from his hand or something, then the video ends and begins again.
MOO

Last edited:
I have seen this mentioned a couple other times, maybe. I see it, too, although I can't tell if it's his mouth moving or just pixelation (is that even a real word?). At only 60 feet away, he could even be talking to the girls?

A typical old fashioned front yard facing a street is 50ft wide.

If you were standing at the edge of a typical house lot, BG would be a down the street a little past your lot line and 10ft into the neighbors lot; moving quick.

MOO, yes he definitely could be speaking to them.

If he had earbuds in his ears and plugged into his phone and was talking to someone, it could look like he was talking to himself.

JMO

I do think it is possible, Look at the Jamie Closs kidnapping and murder case. The perp left no DNA at all. Two murders and kidnapping of Jamie left no DNA or other evidence at all. If Jamie had not escaped, they may never have solved it IMO.

I have observed a possible rare mannerism!

I viewed the video-snip again and noticed something I have not noticed before !

It concern a possible mannerism, a mannerism I have never ever noticed
with any person.

To me it seems like the suspect is:
Walking with one hand, his right hand, in his jacket pocket.
And with his other hand, his left hand, in his trouser pocket.

has his right hand in the jacket pocket.

But if he did not have any weapon in his right hand
and was just walking along with one hand placed in
in the jacket pocket and the other hand in his trouser pocket
that would be a very odd mannerism IMO.

You normally either walk with both hands in your trouser pocket
or with both hands in your jacket pockets
NOT one hand in each garment !

Maybe this is what the police is referring to when they over and over are asking
people to observe any mannerism with the suspect.

SO...does anyone know a man who have this mannerism ?
He could be pulling a weapon out of one of the pockets, so maybe the action isn't really an identifying mannerism. We're just seeing him as he approaches the girls.

A typical old fashioned front yard facing a street is 50ft wide.

If you were standing at the edge of a typical house lot, BG would be a down the street a little past your lot line and 10ft into the neighbors lot; moving quick.

MOO, yes he definitely could be speaking to them.

Maybe that’s when he was saying “guys, down the hill”??? MOO

He could be pulling a weapon out of one of the pockets, so maybe the action isn't really an identifying mannerism. We're just seeing him as he approaches the girls.

Agree, and I actually did add that as a possible explanation in my post, I wrote this:

has his right hand in the jacket pocket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads