Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #109

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradB

BradB Well-Known Member

Every day that goes by is a day that makes it less likely this lunatic is caught. If the guy was local and they had actual DNA, I'll go out on the limb and say the efforts of everybody involved would have nailed this guy long ago especially in a small town.

2. BradB

BradB Well-Known Member

Everything was and is just too basic. Majority of people in that town and parts of rural Indiana probably look like that guy and wear the same clothes.

Not only that they have the drug game to worry about too. Drugs that come into those parts for whatever reason and take over good people and good things. That's a priority too to weed out.

3. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

I just got an alert to her (Libby) sister's YouTube vlog and watched it. My heart breaks for her. She did a new post.

I cannot remember, with in terms of service, are we allowed to link her sister's vlog from 11 hours ago?

She is covering other cases too.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  4. susiQ

susiQ Inactive

Agree 100%, Jim!

5. TL4S

TL4S Well-Known Member

IMO, people can carry a lot of potential identifiers on them, which could leave behind trace evidence. Pet or stock hair/dander, chemical residues (fertilizers, reagents, cleaning supplies, etc), oils/lubricants/gas, paints/inks/dyes, grain or wood dusts, metal shavings, fabric/threads, various manufacturing residues, and probably a million other things.

I realize that those identifiers alone might not be enough to link somebody specifically to a crime, but if there was something other than DNA left at the crime scene, maybe these kinds of things could possibly help? Just a thought.

6. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

I still think the Purdue angle needs to be explored vigorously.

Amateur opinion and speculation

7. susiQ

susiQ Inactive

Yes, there are so many things. I vaguely recall a case in CA where red glitter became part of the evidence. And even though there are many different manufacturers it was traced down to being an exact match. Never discount anything.

Blue Amethyst, Jim_M, x_files and 4 others like this.
  8. CelticIre

CelticIre Earthling

That may be or already has been explored "vigorously " by the investigators, and put in the necessary perspective.

9. thesensitivechild

thesensitivechild Well-Known Member

Not sure if anyone posted this yet, but the podcast Case File just released an episode on the girls. I am going to listen now. It is an excellent podcast for those of you who do not know it.

10. JnRyan

JnRyan Well-Known Member

Even if LE didn't actually get DNA from the killer during their interviews, I believe I read where LE took swabs for DNA from several of those they talked to during the investigation. I don't how much is involved in DNA comparisons but if the killer still had blood relatives in the area there is a chance that a cousin, brother, or some other such relative could reveal a family relationship. Evidently that comparison with the DNA at the crime scene has not been done or LE didn't find any such relationship. LE is turning over every rock so I can't imagine it has not been tried.

11. bradfordsleuth

bradfordsleuth Well-Known Member

That is how Bobby Joe Long was tied to his crimes. Red nylon carpet fibre was a major piece of evidence.

Lisa Noland, his only living victim, was a key part of the investigation.

https://heavy-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/heavy.com/news/2019/05/bobby-joe-long/amp/?amp_js_v=a2&_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQA#aoh=15642431377867&csi=1&referrer=https://www.google.com&_tf=From %1$s&share=https://heavy.com/news/2019/05/bobby-joe-long/

JMO

12. TL4S

TL4S Well-Known Member

Exactly! We know next to nothing about what LE has for evidence. I don't think a lack of DNA (which we don't know what they have, either) is an end all to the case. As LE gets information handed to them from other crimes that happen, eventually maybe they'll get a match. Something like (and this is a made up scenario), "Oh, this 12 year old girl from Camden had a guy try to abduct her and the same pine dust from a local mill was left on her coat sleeve as what we found at Delphi..." That sort of thing can lead an investigation into a new direction. These are all just my random (and hopeful) thoughts.

DD8, mtnlites, Blue Amethyst and 6 others like this.
  13. 155etta

155etta Hindsight is 20/20

I'm thinking she would of been even more weirded out if someone answered his game call.

14. JnRyan

JnRyan Well-Known Member

It took me a while to find it because I was searching "Case File" instead of "Casefile". I have heard some of the cases the narrator covers, but he also covers cases in the UK and Australia. Some of his more recent appeared to be in those countries so I haven't checked the podcast in some time.

15. Krwiley60

Krwiley60 Well-Known Member

16. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

I notice almost a favoring of his left leg in the way he was walking but with only minimal frames to view it could just be him traversing that tricky bridge.

17. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

This may be a bit OT but still relevant. I was watching a new documentary on Netflix called "The Great Hack". It's all about how big companies and government too use data mining to influence all sorts of things. Made me think more about how individuals could also use the massive social media footprint of people to influence individuals, especially young ones. Rethinking a lot of what could have possibly occurred with the Delphi girls online prior to the murders. It's all such a web of deceit out there, along with the good. AJMO

18. taylorss

taylorss Well-Known Member

19. taylorss

taylorss Well-Known Member

20. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

Only LE knows. However, there is a mess of DNAs at the crime scene, probably. JMO. I think they got enough to prove presence of a certain person, and hence, they have an idea who he is. However, it won’t fly in court, because, open space, rural area, etc. Especially if he is a local.

This is why they need other witnesses.

There may be the situation when they will know, but will never be able to prove. However, the life of this person might already be ruined beyond redemption.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.