Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #110

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll see what is visible via satellite for the area you describe. I really cannot imagine he would be hiding in private barns and we have no evidence barns in the area were searched other than in BBR or RL locations.

Didn't say he did or even that I thought he did, I said "could have", as in it exists as a possibility. In a case where people are literally seeing tiny animals stuffed down the front of his jacket and sabers in sheaths, it's not any crazier of a theory than some of the other things that have come up.

I have no opinion on that, though I think a lot of the stuff that Carter's said has come from emotions and frustration. I've heard LE use similar wording in the past when talking to the community after a crime: the perp could be watching us right now, the perp could live right here on this street, the perp may be just a few feet away, etc. Never heard one say that they could be right there in the room. I don't know what it means, but I don't think it means that they know who the killer is and that he was in the actual room.

Delphi murders update: ISP shares new sketch, video, audio

Here's where it was reported LE said it.

"At noon Monday in Delphi — in an emotionally charged press conference in which ISP Supt. Douglas Carter at one point said the suspect could be in the very room he and media had gathered — officials released new video and an updated sketch of the murder suspect."

I'll see what is visible via satellite for the area you describe. I really cannot imagine he would be hiding in private barns and we have no evidence barns in the area were searched other than in BBR or RL locations.

I believe early on there were pictures from the road in front of Mears property that showed the plowed field across the street with tracks across it. In the woods to the right(along the side of the entrance to the trails)between the field and the pathway there is at least one structure in the woods. Also mentioned at one time there was a building(cabin?) nestled in the woods also.

Delphi murders update: ISP shares new sketch, video, audio

Here's where it was reported LE said it.

"At noon Monday in Delphi — in an emotionally charged press conference in which ISP Supt. Douglas Carter at one point said the suspect could be in the very room he and media had gathered — officials released new video and an updated sketch of the murder suspect."

There is no more effective way of communicating that the killer is from the community, than suggesting they could be in that very room.

Even if law enforcement doesn’t believe that to be the case (him really being in the room), it is a beautiful move.

It really gets people to pay attention to those around them, and is incredibly effective in garnering media attention.

I believe early on there were pictures from the road in front of Mears property that showed the plowed field across the street with tracks across it. In the woods to the right(along the side of the entrance to the trails)between the field and the pathway there is at least one structure in the woods. Also mentioned at one time there was a building(cabin?) nestled in the woods also.
Thank you. Is that the picture showing the cemetery? Maybe the helicopter footage will be worth a look. Thanks for reminding me.

Thank you. Is that the picture showing the cemetery? Maybe the helicopter footage will be worth a look. Thanks for reminding me.

It might have been a picture when the police were in the cemetery because someone mentioned the tracks across that field next to it looked like tire tracks(maybe tractor). The shed/building was off the lefthand side of the trail leading up front the entrance. I'm looking for it.

It might have been a picture when the police were in the cemetery because someone mentioned the tracks across that field next to it looked like tire tracks(maybe tractor). The shed/building was off the lefthand side of the trail leading up front the entrance. I'm looking for it.
This is courtesy of @skibaboo way back from thread no. 5.

Hope it helps!
Thanks for the posts. I think this link below is showing the buildings mentioned, including the owner

Beacon - Carroll County, IN

Thanks for the links to the posts. I must have missed them first time around. That is 16 threads back and only 4 months ago.

And you've only been a websleuths member since May...right? Unless you were here under another name haha! Easy to see how you missed this April convo. I believe the distasteful possibility that he recorded the murders in some fashion has been brought up a few times since the beginning.

Locals can discuss things they know about the town, without being a VI.
Yes that has been explained thanks. I was asking for a map to help the explanation for those of us who are not local. It doesn't matter now as I have just posted one showing the area that was being described. I wanted to see the buildings and locations to know who owned them, which had not been explained.

And you've only been a websleuths member since May...right? Unless you were here under another name haha! Easy to see how you missed this April convo. I believe the distasteful possibility that he recorded the murders in some fashion has been brought up a few times since the beginning.
Indeed, however I have followed and read the thread since the murders happened but didn't remember the dark web and snuff movies. Also, in April there was a lot more important factual stuff being discussed that I was interested in.

:(Today is 2 years and 6 months since the girls disappeared. So sad to not yet see an arrest so justice can be served

I doubt that anyone thought it would take this long at the beginning of the investigation. I think detectives need to start doing some guessing because waiting for factual evidence to find this person and link them to the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German may take some time.

There is some information that you can take away from the past 2 and a half years. First, no one has been able to identify the bridge guy suspect. Second, no one seems to know where he parked his vehicle.

I am going to make my complete guess that if you consider this case could be linked to the Evansdale, Iowa murder case, then it would seem the killer is moving east. So maybe this killer is smart enough not to kill in the same area where he lives? And the fact that no one has been able to identify the killer's vehicle is also interesting. Maybe the killer is smart enough to realize that license plates give people an idea of where you are from?

So my complete guess would be that this killer is probably transient and lives in a state west of Evansdale, Iowa. I know that leaves a lot of possibilities. So in order to solve this case, it could take a while.

I looked into this a bit. Apparently for surfers, the mouth mount is better. Wind/kite surfer pros like the mouth mount bc it immerses the viewer in the scene better, according to a windsurfing/kitesurfing forum discussing GoPro mounts.

Someone mentioned being able to adjust the direction of the camera better with a mouth mount as the head mount can move around and you can't tell what's it filming.

That is a disturbing thought in the context of this case, but not without precedent. The Australia shooting of a mosque was filmed with a GoPro by the shooter. There are even hunting mounts for rifles, which is horrifying.

But why in your mouth and not on your forehead?

I doubt that anyone thought it would take this long at the beginning of the investigation. I think detectives need to start doing some guessing because waiting for factual evidence to find this person and link them to the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German may take some time.

There is some information that you can take away from the past 2 and a half years. First, no one has been able to identify the bridge guy suspect. Second, no one seems to know where he parked his vehicle.

I am going to make my complete guess that if you consider this case could be linked to the Evansdale, Iowa murder case, then it would seem the killer is moving east. So maybe this killer is smart enough not to kill in the same area where he lives? And the fact that no one has been able to identify the killer's vehicle is also interesting. Maybe the killer is smart enough to realize that license plates give people an idea of where you are from?

So my complete guess would be that this killer is probably transient and lives in a state west of Evansdale, Iowa. I know that leaves a lot of possibilities. So in order to solve this case, it could take a while.

BBM

I am not convinced that he hasn't been identified. I think there's a very good chance that someone HAS identified BG and either hasn't called the tip in, called it in and it got lost in the shuffle or someone didn't take it seriously enough to investigate, or it was investigated but was pushed aside for whatever reason (guy had a solid alibi, DNA didn't match, etc).

As I posted the other day, the public identified the guy in the sketch (as well as the vehicle) in the Shauna Howe case and LE even considered 3 different men as POIs on different occasion. Two were thrown out, however, because they were in jail the day of the crime and the third, the one identified in the sketch, didn't match the DNA. Twelve years later and they're arresting all 3: the DNA didn't match the sketch guy but it matched the two brothers-brothers who HAD been in jail that same day but had bonded out just a few hours before the crime was committed. LE never took their DNA to match it and nobody thought to look and make sure that they were incarcerated the whole day. That's a good example of an alibi that seems rock solid at face value, but isn't quite what it looks.

And then there are the sketches. It's no wonder they haven't had an arrest yet-for 2 years the public was looking for a completely different person.

Just going to say something - as I tend to do while you much more well-versed sleuths discuss things over my head... ;)

But, you know: I wonder: (yep you really care right?) Anyway....here we have video & audio of, presumably, the perp....how often does that happen??

And yet: no arrests

Sometimes I think this audio/video has hampered the investigation......That it's put something in minds that should be empty to find the truth of the situation

They already have a bias - & that's proved wrong. The first sketch...now the new one

I think this 'evidence' has perhaps curtailed if not outright stymied the investigation

If it helped: the perp would have been arrested already...

I cannot help wonder that if there were zero video or audio of the man on the bridge that we just might already have the perp arrested.....?

Eh. I don't know. Like I said. What do I know? Nada mucho folks

Just very frustrated here

JMO

Just because WE haven't heard about someone (or more than one person even) identifying BG and/or a relevant vehicle doesn't mean it hasn't happened already.

Regarding use of mouth cam, I don't think the Guys & DTH utterances necessarily occurred at the same time as the BG video. I for one don't believe they did. For all we know, DTH was said early on, other unknown events ensued, BG feigned leaving and hung back, then video taken a while later.

I wonder when LE will next offer anything to the public in the way of an update or query or info.

It is hard to believe 2 1/2 yrs has passed. I have been following daily since day 2.

I appreciate ALL on here continuing to share thoughts, ideas, questions, speculation. I especially appreciate those who are so good at pulling up past links, photos, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj