Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #112

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

thank you for the transcription!

A: [15.11] Was there DNA evidence found at the scene.

H: Well, yeah. Obviously that's a tricky question nobody wants to answer. You know, I think in every crime scene you have, you're gonna have DNA. You're gonna have the victim's DNA, you're gonna probably have victim's family's DNA. You know touch DNA is very powerful, so if I touch your shirt today, you know that DNA could still be there for weeks, if not months. So we're still working on identifying whose all DNA we have there, and we will continue to do that until we determine who all's DNA is at the scene.

Traymar, NoSI, Hoosier952 and 9 others like this.

2. tresir2012

tresir2012 Former Member

What if the perps DNA is not back yet? The recent murder of a young mother involving 5 perps, the DNA is not expected back till November - that's 7 months. (See my signature case)

Welcome to WS BTW. So good to have local knowledge on here.

3. Falling Down

Falling Down Well-Known Member

When I drove out there two years ago, that's the impression I came away with. C.R. 300 was desolate, a woman was walking her dog along there. The old parking area, with the sign for the bridge, went by in a blink of the eye as I drove past at 35 mph.

I try not to sound like a broken record, but you have to know the bridge is back there in the woods, where to park, how to get there, etc. Either BG knew it's there and how to get to it, or did some serious homework before that day, perhaps to include some "dry runs" walking around there.

YouTube uploads pertaining to the bridge had been posted mere months before the murders, whether BG used those as a reference, or even needed to is anyone's guess. The video of the YT user driving to there from Indy came in handy for me.

4. MingyMoo

MingyMoo Former Member

@Hoosier952 I suppose the point I was trying to make and failed miserably was if he was planning a crime he would already be wearing his gloves. To stop finger prints /DNA etc I can't imagine that he would have time to control two teenagers march/chase the two young ladies and then think about gloves. Perhaps he was sloppy after all. As I say just rambling . Cheers for the response.

MingyMoo

5. pearl

pearl Well-Known Member

He could have been wearing latex or vinyl gloves that were flesh colored or those clear plastic food service gloves. I use both vinyl and clear plastic for cleaning and gardening.

6. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

Welcome @momma_k :)

My honest opinion is perhaps he wasn’t that sloppy because after all he is still at large.

Certainly he was recorded with both audio and video, but unfortunately this hasn’t led to an arrest (yet). Some of us are not sure yet about all this DNA business, meaning:

A) Does the DNA undoubtedly belong to the perp?

And if so,

B) What is the quality and size of the sample as related to its usability.

Moo.

7. MingyMoo

MingyMoo Former Member

@momma_k

Hiya @momma_k or anyone else that can help. I do have a two questions which you may be able to help with. My sole purpose for asking is US LE totally baffles me.

My understanding is that Delphi have a Police department consisting of a Police Chief, a Sargent and x5 Patrol officers who are responsible for local laws such as parking violations, noise etc and then State Law which I believe to be Indianan Law, My question is does this department just look after the town of Delphi and where do detectives come from to investigate such crimes. Daft question I know

Cheers

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    DancingMuse and steeltowngirl like this.
  8. tresir2012

tresir2012 Former Member

I would get that all the time on the old system, so frustrating. You've won a Samsung etc. The screen would lock and I would have to turn off, then on, clear cookies and history to continue. Haven't had it with the new system and a new phone, touch wood.

9. tresir2012

tresir2012 Former Member

What do you mean "a smoke sample" ?

DancingMuse likes this.
  10. tresir2012

tresir2012 Former Member

Were you at the April PC and do you believe the perp was there as LE stated?

Traymar, MJPeony, DancingMuse and 2 others like this.
  11. MingyMoo

MingyMoo Former Member

LOL @tresir2012 I think Momma put it right and it was meant to say ample samples.

MM

12. margarita25

Qmfr:
    From above, not liking this quote at all / BBM:

“This is a tough case. This is a tough case. There's, I think, alleged a lot of evidence, but really we have very little evidence in this case, so we're working with what we have.”

—-

ETA: Here’s another not so exciting comment, moo:

“H: yeah, I think so. I think we, I said we don't have a lot, but we have more than, uhh, more than enough to make a case;”

Traymar, kai, Hoosier952 and 3 others like this.
  13. tresir2012

tresir2012 Former Member

I thought she might have meant a marijuana sample ?????

DancingMuse likes this.
  14. tresir2012

tresir2012 Former Member

Hmmm. Then again they recently said he left something behind or am I misremembering? What could he have left behind other than DNA?

A weapon? Fingerprints? Clothing? Footprints? Spectacles? Video and audio definitely.
    Let's hope anyway. JMO.

15. tresir2012

tresir2012 Former Member

So could locals say whether we should be suspicious of someone saying they were going morel mushroom hunting in mid February ?

16. MingyMoo

MingyMoo Former Member

Blimey I didn't even think of that !!

crhedBngr and DancingMuse like this.
  17. tresir2012

tresir2012 Former Member

Also, how far do people com from around the area to visit the trails and the bridge? I read in MSM on the day the girls were discovered and all the road blocks were up, that a guy had come from Logansport to visit and turned back disappointed. So he may not be from Delphi or local at all but still be familiar with the trails. I will edit to add the link.

Cannot find that link so take that as MOO.

I did find this interesting link about the bridge , while looking, so will post this anyway.

Fences going up at bridge near Delphi girls' slayings

18. bradfordsleuth

bradfordsleuth Well-Known Member

Thank you for taking the time to provide your local perspective.

I am sorry this horrible crime happened in your community.

We want nothing more than for this monster to be caught and prosecuted.

Fidobell, Traymar, kai and 12 others like this.
  19. margarita25

So this is the full deal with BG Sketch 1:

“H: Well, that's a good question. It's actually compiled, it's not just from one person, so we've had several people say that they saw the person that we identified through the video that we obtained off of Liberty's phone. And we put that out so once people saw that photo then they said "oh I saw that guy; I saw that guy." We have to determine 'is that the guy they saw' first of all, and if it is then let's work together. So, we were getting calls that night, and throughout the last couple months. Some people don't watch the news. Some people don't really follow what's going on . So some of them were sooner-than-later, um. But then we took our time with that. We took our time, we interviewed the composite drawing itself took probably 2/12 to 3 weeks, because we wanted to make sure ourselves that it was exactly right at the people had recalled that. So, um, we have been, I think, getting better tips. Obviously the first photo is pretty hard to see. It's pixelated pretty bad, and this is pretty detailed. We want to make sure that people know this might not look exactly like the person, but it's gonna have similar facial features. So, this is just what the person or persons that we've interviewed over the last several months believe this is what this guy looked like. There's four of us in this room right now. If somebody walked into this room for 30 seconds and left, we'd all have different drawings, but I think the facial features and the major identifiers we would all get right. So, that's what we're hoping, that this gives us a little more guidance, a little more not-as-vague. And it's helping. We are getting better tips. We're still getting some not-so-good tips, I would say. But we're getting a little better tips from this composite drawing.”

Source:
    Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #111

NoSI, Hoosier952, DancingMuse and 3 others like this.
  20. margarita25

Welcome and thanks for joining us. :)

The mods do run a tight ship here and we only discuss confirmed/verified statements from LE and main stream media anyway; anything else is considered rumor and quickly deleted so you don’t have to worry about any of that here. Unless it’s something from LE, or by someone who is verified, we really don’t want to discuss it anyway.

One thing I will say is that in my experience living in an area where there was a brutal child murderer loose is that there were all kinds of local rumors flying. None of them turned out to be true. However, conversely, I’ve seen that work in the opposite manner in other cases here, as far as locals having inside information and local rumors turning out to be true in the end.

Whatever the case, after my own personal experience with various local talk which ended up being completely false with not even an ounce of truth to anything, I usually take any “talk of the town” with a grain of salt, especially in this case, due it’s, uh, “extra sensitive and complex nature”, jmo.

Traymar, crhedBngr, wary and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.