Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #113

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otto

otto Verified Expert

Doubt it. I haven't read of any studies that found the "left-handed" gene. Families claim that left-handedness is genetic, others claim that a talent for music is genetic. It doesn't look like anyone is looking at those types of genetics yet.

2. distracted

distracted Well-Known Member

Well, I don't know enough about the science of it all, but I would think that I would put my gun in the pocket closest to the hand I would use to pull it out. It would be very awkward to pull it out with the opposite hand and, likewise, awkward to move it from one side of the body to the other to shoot with it.

So, IMO, if there's a gun in his left pocket, he's at least a left-handed shooter which would narrow the field substantially.

3. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

It is unlikely one gene, not even a genoset. Probably, an array of genes, each one either augmenting or cancelling the previous one, and they code not for handedness, but some neuronal growth factors, for example.

4. otto

otto Verified Expert

Seems like a bit of a stretch between causation and coincident:

Left-handedness analysis revealed an increase in functional connectivity between left and right language networks, brain development and patterning, and the predisposition towards a pathogenesis of diseases to develop certain neurological and psychiatric diseases. (summarized)​

Handedness, language areas and neuropsychiatric diseases: insights from brain imaging and genetics

5. Charlot123

This article is among “further studies needed”.
    SOME DISORDERS APPEAR TO BE LINKED TO BEING LEFT-HANDED

One thing is interesting

“On average, Dr. Geschwind believes that about 70 percent of the population has standard brain dominance, with the left side of the brain controlling language and handedness, making most of those individuals right-handed. The remaining 30 percent of people have more symmetrical brain dominance, and of these about a third are strongly left-handed.”

So probably, right-and left-handedness are not discrete traits, but lie on a continuum.

(And where BG carries the gun - God only knows).

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    watcher9, janewall and DancingMuse like this.
  6. kc1023

kc1023 Well-Known Member

IMO I think the idea of BG being possibly left handed stems from long ago and if you think you see the outline of a hand gun in his right pocket which he would have removed with his left hand.

7. Charlot123

I do put weight into the leaked texts. I think it is not the whole story, and probably, there was more damage to the bodies, I mean, if the LE said it was out of nightmares, it must have been. By the same token, by the nature of the damages, the LE would be able to determine handedness, right?

8. Mike Britton

Mike Britton Well-Known Member

A (fiendishly) clever perp could switch weapon hands for the assault. Unlikely, but possible. This may not be a surefire way to determine handedness. It could suggest which hand was used, not necessarily the perp's handedness.

Charlot123 and DancingMuse like this.
  9. EarthtoMel

EarthtoMel Active Member

Hmmm...makes me think someone with blood on their clothes wouldn't stand out at that place.

10. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

We are not permitted to discuss anything to with leaked anything about this case it is considered rumour. I don’t want the thread to be locked indefinitely as it has in the past @Charlot123

sunshineray, TL4S, watcher9 and 12 others like this.
  11. Nadal

Nadal Well-Known Member

It's also getting very silly IMO, although i guess that's what happens when there's nothing new to talk about. Hopefully there's a break or new info soon.

oh my cats, Spartygirl, TL4S and 5 others like this.
  12. Ion

Ion Member

Well, yeah unless he used some sort of projectile or rope. Even with things like guns the bullet trajectory gives you information on which hand the assailant favors. I believe the majority of the ways you can harm someone gives off clues of which hand you favor.

13. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

What is the source of the "leaked texts"? If it was MSM, that's okay, but otherwise it is rumor and off-limits.

wdmcmahan, jash, watcher9 and 4 others like this.
  14. Charlot123

I answered a question. I don’t know what is MSM and what is not anymore, everything has been chewed so many times.

Moonracer likes this.
  15. Charlot123

Part of it might be from Reddit. Part, from LE. So, maybe a mixture?

16. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

The alleged leaked stuff came from reddit so it is rumour and not allowed. That information has never been discussed by law enforcement (nor would they wish us to discuss it) and it has never been published in mainstream media either.

17. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Thanks Charlot123.

Well, Reddit is definitely off-limits, so until/unless someone can provide a link to LE stating the same information that was in the "leaked texts", the topic is off-limits.

18. tnhybrid

tnhybrid Active Member

Thank you tresir and others! Sorry I didn't get a chance to reply to this before now, have been reading and catching up. Such a sad story. Here's hoping we sleuthers can do something to help.

Blue Amethyst and DancingMuse like this.
  19. BradB

BradB Well-Known Member

It isnt random. Nobody has any idea what theyre talking about thinking it was some random attack. People assume it was random because one of the girls took a video of the supposed perp but the truth is she was taking pictures and having her phone out probably the entire time.

20. tresir2012

tresir2012 Former Member

What makes you think they were targeted?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.