Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #113

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tresir2012

tresir2012 Former Member

Ok so if BG is currently 18-40 and lived in or worked in Delphi then let's look at the bottom end of that scale. Aged 18 now and lived in Delphi, lives elsewhere now is pretty specific especially when tied to the NBG sketch. This would be someone from Delphi HS. It has to be that, as the pupils were all off that day. If it was not someone from the HS, why has LE got such a young age in the range along with a young sketch?
    AJMO

2. almagata

almagata Well-Known Member

What if the Delphi murders were not sexually motivated and were the actions of a person that was trying to protect himself from being outed for some illegal behavior like drug use?

Maybe the girls saw this guy using drugs along the trail and they knew who he was but were not close friends with him and he was worried that they would tell his parents that they saw him using drugs when they were out on the trail?

The guy could have been out on Deer Creek to go target shooting and get high and they happened to run into him. He could have been angry and frustrated for other things in his life and took his anger out on the girls.

I tend to believe these were not sexually motivated murders at this point only because they seem not to have any significant DNA to work with. If they did have good DNA, they would have gone the familial DNA route well before now.

Maybe someone can comment if the area along Deer Creek is used for target shooting at times by locals.

3. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

Yes the 18-40 range is perplexing. It must be tied to the DNA tested. I believe that whole "DNA testing research" the sheriff talked about in the January 2019 article was only able to narrow the suspects to a family, which have male members who all may favor the last sketch and/or video in some ways. Enough to not know for certain, as of the April PC, which member is BG. It's the only thing that makes sense to me as to why the 22 yr span in the description.

Sheriff's article:
    Cops Send Evidence To FBI In Indiana Teens Abigail Williams & Liberty German’s Murder

4. tresir2012

tresir2012 Former Member

I would agree except for the fact they have ruled out the OBG sketch as a POI so he has to be the young end of the age range.

DancingMuse and Jim_M like this.
  5. weepingangel

weepingangel Well-Known Member

Wasn’t it also “Looks younger than he is?”
    I’m thinking late 20s earliest 30s

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  6. BNA

BNA Well-Known Member

If we go with the girls seeing some illegal behavior, I'd be more inclined to believe it was something of a sexual nature that they witnessed.

And, that could well be the reason that we have sketches of two different guys.

7. chaz

chaz Well-Known Member

@margarita25, Was that FF rerun about Gerard Schaefer? Think I saw it too. He has a thread here.
    FL - FL - GERARD SCHAEFER -- How Many Victims?
    That guy had also no problem with taking two victims at the same time.

8. Torch Carrier

Torch Carrier Well-Known Member

M-Vac was discussed in the McStay family murder trial to look at DNA from the graves, the technique discussed at length IIRC. So glad THAT one ended with a Guilty! :mad:

9. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

Woah, look at all these “pairs” of victims!! :eek: (I’m still reading to see if it’s the same killer I saw on FF.) Thanks for the link. It looks like he took souvenirs; also note his victim age preference varies from young to older, as well as single to double victims. THIS imo is the type of suspect we’re looking for.

—-

ETA / Look at this case:
    Webb: The I-65 Killer: An Indiana /
    Kentucky serial killer still runs loose

May 4, 2018

“He’s one of several serial killers across the U.S. who, despite DNA evidence and fiery media scrutiny, commit atrocious acts and somehow fold back into society. They live as secret monsters next door. Most of them die without ever being caught, leaving their victims’ families to spend their lives ravaged with worry and haunted by injustice, robbed of even the sliver of payback earned when the beast who stole their loved one gets dragged off to jail.“

Snip

“Detectives are exploring the possibility that they are looking for a truck driver or traveling salesman who would have been traveling the I-65 corridor in the late 1980s or early 1990s,” Elizabethtown police say. “He would now be somewhere between the age of 55 and 65.”

If you have information on any of the cases listed above, you can call ISP at 1-800-552-8917 or Elizabethtown police at 1-800-597-8123.”

10. Nadal

Nadal Well-Known Member

It's possible he didn't sexually assault them to leave DNA but it was still sexually motivated. As discussed a few days ago there's some sexual sadists who can't "perform" and get off on violence or even leaving out performance there's some that just get off on violence, he also may have decided not to sexually assault them because he was conscious of leaving DNA. Also we don't know if they have significant DNA or not, the familial route may have failed to yield any good suspects, who knows.

Your scenario is definitely possible though, i just personally don't believe he is that young.

11. Nadal

Nadal Well-Known Member

Edmund Kemper is another Serial Killer who killed pairs of victims, two different pairs to be specific i think his case gives us an idea of compliance under threat that could be useful as he gave very detailed confessions, one of his victims unlocked his car for him even after he had violently threatened her. Well according to him anyway. His victims ranged from 15-59 (not including his grandparents), although the two 50 year olds were his mother and mothers friend his stranger victims were young hitchhikers.

12. sunshineray

Well they also said that BG could be older but look young for his age.

13. Justice101

Justice101 Well-Known Member

I believe the supposition would have been that they drowned (along with their phones being underwater and dead) and that the search would resume when there was daylight. I think I saw someone post that the next day when the search resumed that most of the search teams were sent down river along the banks and a couple were sent up river... which is close to where the bodies were found.

I think calling off the search may have been the logical thing to do given the rickety bridge and no phone reply...assuming they had fallen off the bridge and had been swept downstream. From that height, nobody would likely survive a fall.

Hindsight is 20-20. Just my opinion though.

DD8, k-mac, Blue Amethyst and 5 others like this.
  14. sunshineray

Maybe not too late for their clothes. Even if the killer wore gloves, he still could have left DNA by touching their clothes. Even just his clothes touching their clothes could lead to recovered DNA with this machine. Fascinating the leaps DNA research has taken in a very short period of time. I pray it helps catch this murderous scum and many many more.

15. tresir2012

tresir2012 Former Member

So 22 years younger?
    Would be interested to know how old everyone thinks NBG is from that sketch?

ETA when they said may appear younger than he is, could he be 55 but look 40? It is really not helpful, is it?

Spartygirl, DancingMuse and susiQ like this.
  16. almagata

almagata Well-Known Member

Statistically, he is likely at least in his mid twenties but that does not mean that a guy in his mid twenties would not want his parents to learn about his illegal activity especially if his family was frustrated with prior substance abuse activity and other misbehavior.

Blue Amethyst and DancingMuse like this.
  17. sunshineray

When I was in my late 30's I was still getting carted and drinking age was still 18 at the time. My late 60's GP is an Irishman who looks like he's in his late twenties except for his bushy white hair. Some people just don't look their age.

18. zoricaj1

zoricaj1 Well-Known Member

i have been reading about the Mvac DNA stuff today...i really wish they would consider trying this!

19. PezCandy

PezCandy PI ️‍♀️

I feel like the sketch ordeal is what is throwing many people off.
    It’s been awfully quiet about their case since the last presser. I wonder if they are honestly any closer to solving this mess of a case. Those poor girls. How are we supposed to believe that this isn’t a SK in the works? I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if we found out he’s committed other cruel crimes. I just don’t know how LE can say that they don’t think this is a SK when they obviously have no idea what they are dealing with.

20. Falcon500

Falcon500 Verified Law Enforcement Detective/L.E. Procedures

This is directed to those who live in Delphi or anyone who is in a position to know.

What department has the lead in this case (in charge)? What other departments are assisting. By “assisting” I mean detectives who do nothing else but work on the case.
    How many detectives are on the task force and where is the command post?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.