Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #113

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if the Delphi murders were not sexually motivated and were the actions of a person that was trying to protect himself from being outed for some illegal behavior like drug use?

Maybe the girls saw this guy using drugs along the trail and they knew who he was but were not close friends with him and he was worried that they would tell his parents that they saw him using drugs when they were out on the trail?

The guy could have been out on Deer Creek to go target shooting and get high and they happened to run into him. He could have been angry and frustrated for other things in his life and took his anger out on the girls.

I tend to believe these were not sexually motivated murders at this point only because they seem not to have any significant DNA to work with. If they did have good DNA, they would have gone the familial DNA route well before now.

Maybe someone can comment if the area along Deer Creek is used for target shooting at times by locals.
I like this theory quite a bit. I've heard that the area was sort of a teenage hangout where kids could get away with "stuff", as well as being a scenic area for everyone. I can't recall exactly where I heard this but if there is any interest I'll try to dig it up.
What's always bothered me is that the "down the hill" recording never sounded very intimidating or explicitly threatening. IMO it sounds a little, hesitant/matter of fact, if anything. Obviously there is a lot of horror on the tape, but I can only speak to that line.
So it's feasible to me that the girls could have caught someone they know (an older friend? community figure? friend's parent?) in the midst of some sordid behaviour (drugs, etc - something that'd hurt/ruin his reputation/life) that left him with only one option in his mind: to kill them.
That would explain why, to me at least, the "down the hill" tape doesn't sound like you'd expect from a man about to commit such an atrocity.
(This is a bit of a reach- but it could also explain why any DNA (hair, fibres, etc) found on the girls could have been ruled out as someone they knew and were in contact with?)
EDIT: Just want to clear that this is absolutely just my opinions and ideas, I'm not trying to implicate anyone - only going off the previous post's ideas.

I like this theory quite a bit. I've heard that the area was sort of a teenage hangout where kids could get away with "stuff", as well as being a scenic area for everyone. I can't recall exactly where I heard this but if there is any interest I'll try to dig it up.
What's always bothered me is that the "down the hill" recording never sounded very intimidating or explicitly threatening. IMO it sounds a little, hesitant/matter of fact, if anything. Obviously there is a lot of horror on the tape, but I can only speak to that line.
So it's feasible to me that the girls could have caught someone they know (an older friend? community figure? friend's parent?) in the midst of some sordid behaviour (drugs, etc - something that'd hurt/ruin his reputation/life) that left him with only one option in his mind: to kill them.
That would explain why, to me at least, the "down the hill" tape doesn't sound like you'd expect from a man about to commit such an atrocity.
(This is a bit of a reach- but it could also explain why any DNA (hair, fibres, etc) found on the girls could have been ruled out as someone they knew and were in contact with?)
EDIT: Just want to clear that this is absolutely just my opinions and ideas, I'm not trying to implicate anyone - only going off the previous post's ideas.

I'm having a hard time buying this theory. I think it's quite a leap to go from some unidentified illegal behavior to double homicide. Not to mention the improvisation skills necessary to carry it out. What did he use? His hands? And restrained two girls, with no noise? I just can't see it.

I'm having a hard time buying this theory. I think it's quite a leap to go from some unidentified illegal behavior to double homicide. Not to mention the improvisation skills necessary to carry it out. What did he use? His hands? And restrained two girls, with no noise? I just can't see it.
He just needed to point a gun and have hold of one of them

I always figured the "Down the hill" part not sounding threatening was because he was trying to keep them compliant, have them think he's not going to kill them as long as they do what he says. Killers often do exactly that and it'd be especially necessary if there was two of them.

Why would he walk them somewhere in the caught him in illicit activity scenario? Why not just kill them wherever it happened? That's the sort of reaction i would expect in that scenario. Anything is possible though. Also don't really get how they'd just stumble onto him doing drugs or whatever, you'd think he'd be well hidden somewhere (it's not as if there's a lack of places to hide in that area) if him being caught was such a big deal. I know drug addicts often don't act rationally but then i wouldn't expect him to rationalize the consequences so quickly to kill them if he hadn't already done so to conceal himself. Who knows i'm probably overthinking it.

Valid points! My thinking is that assuming he's an unsavoury character, doing sketchy things, who knows what he may have had on him? A knife, a gun? Neither would be TOO out of place if he was also hunting/target practicing, as a previous poster brought up.
This isn't my personal theory, but I think it is worth looking into. :)

I always figured the "Down the hill" part not sounding threatening was because he was trying to keep them compliant, have them think he's not going to kill them as long as they do what he says. Killers often do exactly that and it'd be especially necessary if there was two of them.

Why would he walk them somewhere in the caught him in illicit activity scenario? Why not just kill them wherever it happened? That's the sort of reaction i would expect in that scenario. Anything is possible though. Also don't really get how they'd just stumble onto him doing drugs or whatever, you'd think he'd be well hidden somewhere (it's not as if there's a lack of places to hide in that area) if him being caught was such a big deal. I know drug addicts often don't act rationally but then i wouldn't expect him to rationalize the consequences so quickly to kill them if he hadn't already done so to conceal himself. Who knows i'm probably overthinking it.
There are a lot of unknown variables with this theory though. IF they caught someone doing something illegal, did they know him or not? Where did they encounter him? Did he lead them somewhere in an attempt to keep them calm/quiet so they didn't suspect anything? Did he know they knew, or just suspect they saw something?
Anyway - I've gone down quite a bit of a rabbit hole here lol, in sum, IMO this theory/speculation/whatever is a possibility, but again, that's just me!

The police know (by his own words) that both weapons were in his possession but the one they've never found they believe was subsequently sold at a gun show. He said he acted alone. So with that said, what is the point of your musings? You are suggesting that Kevin Sweat had a secret accomplice who later became the Delphi killer?

By the way, do you happen to remember a poster on these threads (now banned) named Shiressleuth? He or she also had an interest in the Weleetka murders and their relation to the ones in Delphi.
Yes what happened to Shiresleuth and Mountain lights ( I hope I got that name right)? I used to see both of them post often. Are they ok? I hope. Does anyone know?

Yes what happened to Shiresleuth and Mountain lights ( I hope I got that name right)? I used to see both of them post often. Are they ok? I hope. Does anyone know?
Unfortunately many posters from earlier on in this case have fallen by the wayside for whatever reasons. Some may have taken a break in frustration, focused elsewhere and just never returned. I'm sure the long period when the Delphi threads were closed down turned many people toward other cases or other sites altogether. I think it most likely that many have just grown frustrated over the years with no arrests in this case. It makes me sad to think that interest in posting on this thread could be dwindling, for lack of a better term. Hoping LE will give an update soon or something!!!

Anyone think LE is using voice comparison/ voice recognition to help in ruling people in or out? (Can it be done by any LE with much accuracy or would this fall more within the realm of FBI?) I haven't heard much reference to voice comparison technology being utilized in this case. Is voice recognition a reliable and easy to employ tool in a situation like this?

Last edited:
This is directed to those who live in Delphi or anyone who is in a position to know.

What department has the lead in this case (in charge)? What other departments are assisting. By “assisting” I mean detectives who do nothing else but work on the case.
How many detectives are on the task force and where is the command post?
^^^^ Anyone ???

Unfortunately many posters from earlier on in this case have fallen by the wayside for whatever reasons. Some may have taken a break in frustration, focused elsewhere and just never returned. I'm sure the long period when the Delphi threads were closed down turned many people toward other cases or other sites altogether. I think it most likely that many have just grown frustrated over the years with no arrests in this case. It makes me sad to think that interest in posting on this thread could be dwindling, for lack of a better term. Hoping LE will give an update soon or something!!!

I’m a regular who looks in from Australia and am so bewildered why your cops haven’t progressed considering she risked her life recording so much information and nothing has eventuated.
It’s truly disheartening.
Love from across the ditch.

There are a lot of unknown variables with this theory though. IF they caught someone doing something illegal, did they know him or not? Where did they encounter him? Did he lead them somewhere in an attempt to keep them calm/quiet so they didn't suspect anything? Did he know they knew, or just suspect they saw something?
Anyway - I've gone down quite a bit of a rabbit hole here lol, in sum, IMO this theory/speculation/whatever is a possibility, but again, that's just me!
We have to try and work out why he crossed the bridge to get to them in the first place. If they saw him doing something illegal, where did they see that? On the recording they did apparently mention a man behind them IIRC.

If we go with the girls seeing some illegal behavior, I'd be more inclined to believe it was something of a sexual nature that they witnessed.

And, that could well be the reason that we have sketches of two different guys.

I wonder though, why someone would do illegal (sex) things in broad daylight in an area, which is known to be a place for crowds of teenager/druggies/hikers/walkers/hunters/collectors? Didn't he have a car? Couldn't he have waited for less daylight? (Too many appointments?)
I like the idea of the poor girls, having observed something, which would have crashed BG's reputation in certain circumstances. After all, that would be a real (evil) motive at least, which one could contemplate. Without this possibility (observing illegality), I can't imagine a motive (except: "not quite right in his head" - and this would be much too easy).

Was the social media mentioned? I just remember them saying be aware of what your children are doing. Iirc. Imo
I finally found the exact quote, sorry it took me awhile. The one I posted was taken on faith from another site. You are correct, my apologies.

"Sgt. Kim Riley said parents should keep a close eye on their children. "I think people need to be cautious and careful," Riley said. "Parents should make sure they know where their children are and what their children are doing, and if nothing else, know what's going on in their lives. That's the most important thing I can say at this point in time."

Police ask for assistance in identifying man seen walking on trail where Delphi teens went missing

So no "social media" wasn't said but I think very much implied. Most kids are online and it's a big part of their lives.

So 22 years younger?
Would be interested to know how old everyone thinks NBG is from that sketch?

ETA when they said may appear younger than he is, could he be 55 but look 40? It is really not helpful, is it?

Sketch... 27 years old..... BUT from the two photos..... more like 43 year old instead

Gun (but never had to fire it) with suppressor maybe...
Have 1 girl duct tape and zip tie other, then she tapes and gets zip on and he tightens with one hand...
possibly done under bridge, down the hill...
use trees to restrain when he gets to where he wants... <modsnip - rumor>
so...just one thought, MOO :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads