Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #113

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh, yes.

But...

Supt. Carter believes he has a bit of a conscience. And, if we stipulate to this being a scripted presentation, then it is entirely possible that LE does not believe they are dealing with a psychopath.

I don’t know if that was the right approach we are nearly five months on from the press conference on April 22 and it doesn’t seem to have made a difference. If as we suspect they were trying to rattle him it doesn’t appear to have been successful and I don’t see him turning himself in in the future either. It is going to be interesting to see how they are going to move forward and I’m very glad I don’t have to make that decision.

I think it was directed at those who may know who did this, not the killer.

About that scripted presentation, was Carter speaking to the killer directly when he brought "The Shack" into the discussion? Or, was he speaking to the conscience of someone who knows or suspects who the killer is?

Both are rhetorical questions but it does make me wonder whose conscience was being targeted during that presser. I personally do not think that someone who has a conscience could commit this heinous crime and put the family through the past 2 1/2 years of hell.

That said, I, too, appeal to the conscience of anyone involved to do the right thing and come forward.

To receive notices of posts on this thread....... I think one of about a half dozen locals to the area did the crime, but I have been wrong lots of times.
I agree. I also think it's a very local young man. But I'm not in Indiana so what do I really know? Wish I could find someone that could check a few things out for me.

So a satellite picture of the Monon Bridge at 12:58pm was purchased? Was that the only time available to purchase? I am behind but confused on why this specific time?

From what I understand, and I don’t always understand GH, there assumed to be no known satellite pictures of the area from 2/13. Then, a girl working for him or with him, found a picture taken by another satellite, I presume, on that day at 12:58. There were no pics at other times of that day, the satellite moved. GH bought it (“paid 450 dollars”) and then showed us how small the details were, and how grainy they became when blown up. A truck on the hwy was seen very well, but no one could tell whether there was a car at CPS bldg. The building itself was seen, though.

He would need a conscience to do what you are suggesting and I don’t think this psychopath possesses one. He might confess on his deathbed but I think there is virtually no chance of him surrendering or confessing. In my opinion monster’s only concern is not ending up in jail.

This coward could not care less about taking the girl’s lives or what their families are going through every agonising minute of every day. I sincerely hope that law enforcement saying “you made mistakes” is a constant concern for him and his front door is kicked down by them one day soon.

He did a horrible thing. From here, there are two ways, down or up. As the person raised on Tolstoy and Dostoevsky, I believe that people can morally grow, but they need to look around and find good role models, those of true love, honesty and altruism.

I don’t think that chastising him will help BG grow up to repentance. Attacked, he feels he’s standing with his back to the wall, nowhere to retreat, and becomes dangerous. I don’t think he was too social to start with, but now he probably feels totally isolated.

I don’t know what words to find for him. Maybe that the life he planned to live, how he planned to live it, has already become impossible after he killed them? Because now he lives in fear. He can’t make plans, can’t establish connections, he is always apprehensive of what tomorrow will bring. Another satellite photo, another DNA cousin joining Gedmatch, another test being developed? He lives as if he has already been arrested. He does not enjoy his life.

He has to confess.

ETA: I don’t know if it is psychopathy or true psychiatric condition accompanied by anger.

Hey everyone, I'm new to this case having seen something on Twitter about KG asking for folks to unlock their profiles on GEDMatch, which I did recently. I'm an experienced sleuther on some other cases, though, and one thing really stands out to me about BG: He's not carrying a bag, or even a waist pack or anything. If this were someone who set out to assault or kill someone that day, wouldn't he have gloves, rope and other tools used to keep victims quiet and/or compliant? I'd assume he carried a gun underneath the jacket or in a pants pocket, but to me how little prepared he looks really stands out.

I'm afraid I'm a believer in SA as a motive. Wonder if this is a situation in which perp has committed a crime over state lines and the databases haven't been matched up. I notice Delphi isn't too far from Chicago.
Welcome and TY for coming to WS. Some of us believe he is wearing a deer kit on his waist (the brown thing hanging below his jacket on his right side) and has an outline of a gun visible in his right jacket pocket. On page one of every thread there is a media thread and an image thread, which is helpful to look thru if you have time. It is quicker than trying to read all previous 112 threads. There is also a link to a police scanner thread with info that cannot be discussed on this main thread and must stay in that private thread.

I'm relatively new to this board I've browsed it before but how much weight do you guys put into the Packers Plant being a potential theory? I've posted this information but I'll rehash it for this board.

The incident in question happened several days after the Bicycle Bridge Rd raid that was a coordinated effort by both the Carroll County Sheriff's department and the FBI. The incident happened specifically at 1:10pm on Feb. 22 when the police received a report of a bomb threat having been phoned in.

The bomb threat specifically isn't all that interesting, but there was rumors at the time the the bomb threat was a means to get LE into the door. I'm not all that interested in if that is the case or not. However, roughly forty minutes later there is a interesting tweet from a "emmy award winning news reporter" that I will link below. Note the comments in the tweet. They didn't allow people to evacuate the building which is standard producer during a bomb threat.

Alexis McAdams ABC-7 on Twitter

This tweet is interesting because if it is to be believed they confiscated a pair of boots from the Packer's plant raid.

Interesting enough, the following day in the morning ( roughly 10am I believe) Carroll Sheriff Tobe Leazenby went on live TV to speak to news reporters specifically about DNA evidence which I will link below.

DNA evidence is top priority in Delphi murder investigation

The Sheriff later went back to rebuke certain things from this interview interesting enough as you can find here

Sheriff clarifies reports of DNA evidence

I haven't done enough research into the Bicycle Bridge Rd raid to know if the person targeted in that raid worked at the Packers plant nor do I encourage anyone else to do such things. I do wonder what those boots are and if they are related. There are other oddities I can elaborate further on if there is interest about this Packers Plant raid that remains unsolved.

I know it's all speculative and there is nothing definitively tying the two together. Also, the Sheriff department did state that they are unrelated. However, this still doesn't really explain why they apparently took physical evidence from a place with a history of bomb threats.

Hope to hear from you guys.
Welcome Ion, I am wondering if they just wanted a pair of boots to compare with the shoes/boots that BG was wearing and also footprints were reported so it may have been for that reason too, eg. To check the tread of the boots and compare.

.....what are you talking about??? Following the thought process for this post is complicated, regardless of what hand you use.
Charlot is right. My partner is ambidextrous. Writes with left hand, plays sports with right hand and sometimes left hand. Plays tennis swopping racquet from one hand to the other.

Interesting story.

However, very many ethical questions for the PI.

He did the right thing, persuaded Nicholas Holbert, the killer with anger issues, to confess. Nicholas Holbert was probably a walking time bomb anyhow, very dangerous, so good job, PI!

And now comes the question of ethics. Nicholas was an odd, probably learning disabled, extremely isolated man, without ever having a room, a corner in the house, to live in. Living in the woods, like an animal. A jailbird, with the history of adversity, without any family or stability in life.

And to this man, the PI offers something that Nicholas, probably, never had - human warmth and friendship. He is the friend in need who would borrow you the money. So he tames the loner, gets his story, pays for a motel room, and in the morning is surprised that NH has not absconded. (How would he, he lived in a tent under the rain, and here his friend is paying for a warm motel room).

Afterwards, everything goes as scripted (and what a miserable person, NH! Probably had traumatic encephalopathy, or something similar). And the court, where he tries to say, I am sorry.

Everything ends as it should have, the killer is behind bars. I have only one question.

When the PI received the letter from prison, from NH, he did not answer.

I would have. NH was a total loser who never had anything good in his life and ended up killing a vibrant young woman.

But the PI... as Antoine de Saint-Exupéry has said in his immortal “le Petit Prince”, “you become forever responsible for what you’ve tamed”.

You tamed him - you answer his letters now. You can’t push him away. The man is in prison for life. And if you have solved the case by befriending the loner, maybe, here is your own chance at compassion that we always try to teach others.

Now tell me how I am wrong.

.....what are you talking about??? Following the thought process for this post is complicated, regardless of what hand you use.

There are full Lefties. Their dominant hand is Left. In all activities. And then, there are ambidextrous lefties - for some activities, the dominant hand is left (usually it is for writing). And for others, the dominant hand is right - it may be sport, or mundane things, such as cutting bread.

The brain of a leftie is not 100% mirror image of that of the rightie. (It is a very interesting subject).

I wonder if there are ambidextrous righties. I think I read about some tennis player, who was a rightie, but served with left hand, but I might be reversing the hands ))).

There are full Lefties. Their dominant hand is Left. In all activities. And then, there are ambidextrous lefties - for some activities, the dominant hand is left (usually it is for writing). And for others, the dominant hand is right - it may be sport, or mundane things, such as cutting bread.

The brain of a leftie is not 100% mirror image of that of the rightie. (It is a very interesting subject).

I wonder if there are ambidextrous righties. I think I read about some tennis player, who was a rightie, but served with left hand, but I might be reversing the hands ))).
Me! I'm an ambidextrous righty. I use my right hand predominately but I use my left hand for some sports, not all, and other daily activities. But I write and eat with my right hand. And I have a daughter who is an ambidextrous lefty.

Your “silence themselves” indicates parents, not wife or kids. (Parents can easily kill themselves for their child. A wife for a husband? Only in Greek drama Alcestis. Kids for the father? Some Japanese stories, maybe).

Our POIs are probably different. However, in either case, I suspect the perpetrator is a perfect coward. So, without the parents, the POI might become much more pliable and scared.

(However, I am thinking about a different set of parents/kid, not my original POI)
I don't have a POI. I've looked closely at a few, but at this point, I'm not confident I have enough information to prescribe to any one person.

If there was any blood gathered from the scene of the crime maybe the reason they picked up the boots from the slaughter house was to see if there might have existed an animal vs human blood match? I haven't had my coffee yet but that just flashed thru. Now I'm headed to the kitchen.

Much better with coffee. All I can think of is that any tracks that were found may have appeared to have come from boots.

Last edited:
I have came to believe that the rumors of the DNA being contaminated by the search party or LE are possibly true....They can eliminate suspects with the DNA but, what DNA they have, would not be accepted as evidence of guilt in a court of law......moo
And, to add to this, what if the killer had frequented RL's property at other times as in helping around the farm and riding horses? That allows for plausible deniability. One could expect to find his DNA there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow