Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #113

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome back to the Delphi Murders discussion thread.

On the afternoon of Feb. 13th, 2017, best friends Abigail Williams and Liberty German were dropped off at a bridge in the town of Delphi. On Feb 14th their bodies were discovered around noon about 50 feet from the north bank of Deer Creek which is about 0.5 miles from the bridge.
The Sheriff's office gave a press conference on 4/22/19 and we have some solid information. Please take a look below

HERE IS THE NEW SKETCH FROM THE PRESS CONFERENCE ON 4/22/19

delphi-suspect-sketch-ht-jef-190422_hpEmbed_5x6_992.jpg

HERE IS THE NEW AUDIO. IT'S-A BIT LONGER THAN THE FIRST AUDIO:
https://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_Audio_Edited_2019x3.wav

Here is the old audio in a loop:

http://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_male_voice_loop.mp3

LATEST PRESS CONFERENCE 4/22/19

FOR MORE CLICK HERE FOR THE CARROL COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE FACEBOOK PAGE.

Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at
(844) 459-5786.

Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at(800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriff's Department at (765) 564-2413.

Information can also be emailed to Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

video of press conference from 2017 02/22/17: https://www.facebook.com/NewsCenter1...4728963476130/

Let's do this. Let's commit to getting this killer's picture and voice out there any possible way we can.

Pictures of Abby and Libby
Link to post with all Threads #1-98(Courtesy of margarita25)

Thread #99 Thread #100 Thread #101 Thread #102 Thread #103 Thread #104 Thread #105 Thread #106 Thread #107 Thread #108 Thread #109 Thread #110 Thread #111 Thread #112

Link to Media Maps & Timelines *No Discussion*
Link to Media Maps & Timelines #2 *No Discussion*

IMAGE Discussion Thread

Scanner Thread

Rules Etiquette & Information

Case map by skibaboo updated with grayhuze crime flow video
grayhuze youtube channel

Verified Insiders: None in this case at this time.
Verified Professional, Member michael.gartley, is a Verified Expert in Imaging Science.

RULES OF THIS DISCUSSION

DO NOT post photos of random individuals (including persons featured in MSM articles about other area crimes) to compare to the images of unidentified suspect on the bridge.

PLEASE DO NOT POST PICTURES OF SEX OFFENDERS!

Do not sleuth family, PERIOD. This includes previous public records which have nothing to do with this case. They are victims here. Plain and simple.

4) If you feel you have a tip, by all means, phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a lot to discuss in the Delphi case with all the very big developments.

We have a very strong rule on Websleuths. Do not ask someone to PM you on a discussion thread. Why? You saw what happens on this thread. The thread was almost taken over by people saying "PM ME PM ME". We couldn't keep up with removing the posts.
If you want someone to PM you then what you do is you PRIVATE MESSAGE THEM FIRST and ask them whatever.

You do not stop the whole discussion and ask someone to PM you.

We will be giving long time-outs to anyone who says they have the information they can only share in PM's or words to that effect.

We call that "baiting" and it makes me crazy. It is so frustrating to try and get things under control when someone recklessly posts a cryptic post creating a frenzy of posts asking to be PM'd.
Please be mindful of our rules.
Thank you,
Tricia

FWIW, I've been following the Jonelle Matthews case - so glad she was finally found!

I can't help but think - and this is just a hunch - that Abby and Libby's killer may be like the POI in Jonelle's case.

Found Deceased - CO - Jonelle Matthews, 12, Greeley, 20 Dec 1984

ETA: @kiaatcher , just read your post right above mine. I think we are on the same wavelength, per se.

After reading this article, I had a thought. What if all the DNA at the crime scene has been accounted for? So now they don't know if the killer left NO DNA, or if the killer is someone who is "accounted for"? How would you proceed from there?

Yes. Either that, or they did not collect all the DNA.

How do you proceed if all DNA is accounted for? I am not a criminologist, but i’d look at the amount and places this DNA is found at. Predictably, there should be a lot of KG’s DNA, and DNA from German’s house, but not at certain parts of the bodies, for example. The girls went through the creek...some of the DNA should have been washed off. Libby fought, they said, so there should be some “new” DNA on her hands.

And then, there are people excluded by the alibis, right? And some, not yet.

Also, there might be animal DNA if the person is a hunter. Dogs DNA. One could find out the breed. JMO.

If I remember correctly they have not made any statements on whether or not there was DNA available.
However, the presser in June/July alluded to the idea, at least IMO, that there was DNA evidence of some sort, and that the perp possibly could be avoiding leaving DNA in public.
They are being very shut about the case, and I still can't figure out the reason why. Was the scene so awful that there's barely anything that can be shared, especially with their ages? Are they close to solving the case? Do they have someone specific on their minds? Who knows...
I keep getting flashbacks to the Jayme Closs case with this, and it angers me how important, smaller details were overlooked. I hope to God that isn't happening with A&L.
Also, @Charlot123 , is there more issues within the LE of Carroll County that I'm not aware of?
Edit: Just found out what an unlawful proposition means...that's definitely sus. Are we allowed to discuss sex offenders without LE verification that they are a suspect?

If I remember correctly they have not made any statements on whether or not there was DNA available.
However, the presser in June/July alluded to the idea, at least IMO, that there was DNA evidence of some sort, and that the perp possibly could be avoiding leaving DNA in public.
They are being very shut about the case, and I still can't figure out the reason why. Was the scene so awful that there's barely anything that can be shared, especially with their ages? Are they close to solving the case? Do they have someone specific on their minds? Who knows...
I keep getting flashbacks to the Jayme Closs case with this, and it angers me how important, smaller details were overlooked. I hope to God that isn't happening with A&L.
Also, @Charlot123 , is there more issues within the LE of Carroll County that I'm not aware of?
Edit: Just found out what an unlawful proposition means...that's definitely sus. Are we allowed to discuss sex offenders without LE verification that they are a suspect?
I just posted this 2 pages back. From the beginning they said yes dna evidence.
DNA evidence is top priority in Delphi murder investigation

I'm not a mod, but from post 1, page 1:

RULES OF THIS DISCUSSION
DO NOT post photos of random individuals (including persons featured in MSM articles about other area crimes) to compare to the images of unidentified suspect on the bridge.

I just posted this 2 pages back. From the beginning they said yes dna evidence.
DNA evidence is top priority in Delphi murder investigation
Thank you! I guess the important factor at this point, which you all have discussed, is how much they have.
I'm not a mod, but from post 1, page 1:

RULES OF THIS DISCUSSION

Thank you. I guess it's a good time to bump some of these rules :)

Yes. Either that, or they did not collect all the DNA.

How do you proceed if all DNA is accounted for? I am not a criminologist, but i’d look at the amount and places this DNA is found at. Predictably, there should be a lot of KG’s DNA, and DNA from German’s house, but not at certain parts of the bodies, for example. The girls went through the creek...some of the DNA should have been washed off. Libby fought, they said, so there should be some “new” DNA on her hands.

And then, there are people excluded by the alibis, right? And some, not yet.

Also, there might be animal DNA if the person is a hunter. Dogs DNA. One could find out the breed. JMO.

I naively thought that “unlawful proposition” was hinting at a bribe. I looked up this dude, it has been in the news before.

This is not about the police, but I think has not been mentioned here.

Chicago police: Indiana man solicits girl for sex, meets undercover cops instead

I felt I needed to link it.

If I had the amount of time I think it would take to organize such a thing I would do it. Plus I just don’t have the know how or the connections I believe to do it. But if I could I would:

I would bring together all the sluethers and I mean all of them, from WS, you tubers, fb groups to all of the Regular podcast folks.

I would start a Go Fund Me and across all platforms mentioned above would ask people to make donations. It could be $1 to $200 or what ever one could afford.

I would hire a third party, law firm or accounting firm to handle the money raised so there are no questions as to who is responsible and keeping track of the funding.

I would find the best of the best private investigators with local knowledge and fund their work through the money raised through Go Fund Me.

Each group can complile information they think most useful and submit it to the investigator. The investgators client will be the Sluethers who have contributed and who have been working on the case. Each group will elect someone to represent them or a few people to represent them.

The actual sluethers will have a real opportunity to help solve this case.

I wish I could be this person who could organize such a thing but my day job is just to overwhelming. It would have to be someone like our very own WS Tricia. She is someone I believe has the skill set and connections to pull something like this off...

What do you guys think, crazy or maybe something to consider?

Edited to add: you tubers.

It would be very interesting, a brainstorming team.

I’ve considered this since the new sketch was released but surely they would be facing charges for providing false information to LE? But would they be too afraid to press charges in case people no longer called in tips? Or if this false witness person has gone missing would they not be hunting for them?

I feel the same way and I totally understand the frustration and major concern. He needs to be caught ASAP and he must not get away with murdering these two young women. I frequently think of all the memories and milestones the girls and their families have been denied because of the evil coward and it makes me furious. I wish there was something we could do even a social media campaign to get the sketch out or something.
How do you know they’re not? Maybe his alibi isn’t budging? Maybe they’re already on to him. Moo

I have over the last few hours been considering the definition Local. Once again it depends on where you live in the world and if you live in a small rural community. For example I drive 2 miles to my nearest local convenience shop. Its local and I don't think anything about it. I am one of those rural types that also lives in a place where the local countryside and its readily made natural amenities is an escape for our Neighbours from nearby Suburbs/Towns/Cities. That got me to thinking as to all the things we really do take for granted as really local people and the visitors our environment attract during holidays, weekends or days off work etc,etc. we attract
  • Ramblers
  • Fishermen
  • Wildlife watchers
  • Conservation Groups
  • Twitchers
  • Railway Enthusiasts
  • Geo Cachers
  • People wanting a day out in the Countryside
  • Criminals (They have a frigging field day)
Just to name a few but it is nothing for them to travel half an hour to get to the spot where on the whole they can participate in their hobbies, know the area and be close to home. Therefore when LE say Local I perhaps don't think they mean as in Delphi Resident i think they mean as in within a 20 mile radius.
I agree. There was a guy who came from Logansport on the day all the roads were blocked, just to visit the trails and bridge and reporters spoke to him at the time and he just had to turn back. I have posted the article before and it is in the media thread. Can't find it now though. I think your circle is about right. Logansport to Lafayette at least. This does not include persons who live way outside that area and return to visit family.

After reading this article, I had a thought. What if all the DNA at the crime scene has been accounted for? So now they don't know if the killer left NO DNA, or if the killer is someone who is "accounted for"? How would you proceed from there?
Check all the accounted for alibis. Go back and check them again in case there is a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam