Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #114

Status
Not open for further replies.
My personal opinion is they should have released ALL of the bridge video, day one and 90% of the voice recording. This case might have been solved long ago. I can not even begin to think of why they didn't do that.
Is there something on the video or voice recording that we don't need to hear? Or is there nothing else at all?
Them releasing him saying 'guys' after so much time is just really dumb. That should have been released day one, too. Someone might have recognized who it was with a longer sentence.

[/QUOTE]Yikes! That thought is terrifying. This case shakes me to my core but I fight with myself on the fact that deep down I don't think this will ever be solved.....[/QUOTE]
I don't think this case is cold, in fact, I think it heated up!
TL in a recent interview with MVT stated, "When this investigation is concluded I surmise that it may be a shock to our community once they learn the identity." That alone gives me hope they have an idea who they are looking at. Perhaps DNA is an issue in that they don't have a full profile or they have conflicting DNA. Or, DNA that would allow for plausible deniability? In April, DC said they'd only just begun. I believe him!
ed:trying to fix a broken quote
didn't work :(

...Maybe the NBG sketch is too detailed?

Maybe if the focus wasn't on the offender's appearance but on a profile, he'd be staring right back at us and be somewhat recognizable from the YBG sketch—but subtly.

When I look at frame 47 of the video sequence, lighter colored brown hair (no hat) and a young face emerge. Hit me up if you want a copy of the sequence all in one photo so you can see for yourselves.

The sketch makes this guy appear dark-haired when the hair color is more reddish-brown or dirty blonde. Maybe if folks thought about locals who may be more light haired and younger, it would ring a bell? Wavy, light brown hair, light skin, wide jaw, taller than he seems in the lens-distorted video.

Until we know the motive or what the crime scene/manner of death was, or have more video or audio, everyone is left guessing.

I thought one of the more interesting questions regarding this case was: Why two girls?

I am not psychological profiler, but I had a guess. In many cases, the killers tend to be married or have a girlfriend or family. Maybe not in this case. If the killer observed the girls from afar, he probably would have realized they are friends. Maybe that is what he is killing, the friendship? The video Liberty German got of him on the bridge might be symbolic of his life from a very young age.

I think that new information had everything to do with what the Sheriff talked about in late December 2018 about sending more DNA evidence to the FBI at Quantico for testing research. Four months later the April PC with the new direction, new strategy, new sketch which was actually done first right after the murders.

We sent more evidence to the FBI at Quantico just before Christmas,” Sheriff Leazenby told Radar in an exclusive interview and said they were doing “DNA testing research,” with regards to the case."

Cops Send Evidence To FBI In Indiana Teens Abigail Williams & Liberty German’s Murder

I knew I read about that somewhere - I just couldn’t remember exactly when they sent the evidence. Thanks for finding the article!

I wonder if there are lab protocols regarding the amount of evidence that can be submitted to the FBI at one time. It sounded like LE collected a lot from the scene and then more from subsequent search warrants. I’d imagine they’d prioritize submissions with evidence from the actual scene sent first then go from there.

Maybe if the focus wasn't on the offender's appearance but on a profile, he'd be staring right back at us and be somewhat recognizable from the YBG sketch—but subtly.

When I look at frame 47 of the video sequence, lighter colored brown hair (no hat) and a young face emerge. Hit me up if you want a copy of the sequence all in one photo so you can see for yourselves.

The sketch makes this guy appear dark-haired when the hair color is more reddish-brown or dirty blonde. Maybe if folks thought about locals who may be more light haired and younger, it would ring a bell? Wavy, light brown hair, light skin, wide jaw, taller than he seems in the lens-distorted video.

I recall seeing a frame by frame breakdown and I see a younger BG. The face is still pretty blurry. Looks like someone with chubby checks or a baby face with a bangs or a beiber style hair cut.

Imo, as far as the posts criticizing Law Enforcement, I/We have to remember that we don’t know what they know. They know a lot more than us.

In other words, it is easy to play Monday Morning Quarterback and all that stuff, back seat driver, you name it.

I will say though they imo I think it might or couuuuld be beneficial to have more LE folks involved who perhaps are not so emotionally tied to the investigation...everyone in Delphi knows everyone..it’s been a tough run for everybody up there...

I wouldn’t be surprised if fresh eyes are already being applied, SP I would imagine in any cold case investigation.

(“This is not a cold case”.)

Last edited:

The original photo released of the BG, the one we all looked at so closely, truly looked like an older man. But, like you said, if you look frame by frame at the short video released in April, at some point he suddenly looks much younger. My thought has always been, surely LE looked hundreds of times at that video trying to glean something from it. They couldn’t see this guy was younger? Why put out a picture that makes him look older than you know he is? Just another head-scratcher in a case full of them.

I think the reasoning is that law enforcement is not going to tell the general public that Liberty German did not get a close enough video of the bridge guy. In this case, the sketches are based on the eyewitnesses for that reason and not on video. So law enforcement tells the public to look at how the man walks, his mannerisms, or listen to his voice. Maybe someone can recognize him that way?

Any more sketches will make law enforcement look like the boy that cried wolf. My conclusion is that I do not think they know that the man in the second eyewitness sketch has anything to do with the case of Abigail Williams and Liberty German. They just want to find him in order to include or exclude him from their investigation. Since there is not much more to discuss without any new information I think this case will slowly start to get quiet.

I am the poster who made the above(last line) statement about the case getting quiet without any new information. Maybe I am not as positive or I have read about too many cold cases that have not been solved. The saddest cases are the ones where over a long period of time law enforcement has gathered thousands of pieces of information that they neatly stow away in file boxes. And the boxes sit there in some storage room on the off chance there is something useful in them that can actually help solve the case. They wait for a detective who wants to take the time to review them again. This case is not even 3 years old yet so what happens with it is yet to be determined. Maybe police really are on the right track? I don't know.

I only think you can discuss something for so long before you are discussing the same thing over and over again. In my opinion, if you could go back in time to the beginning of certain cases, I think they were popular at the beginning, but have nothing left to discuss today. The case becomes like a box sitting dormant in some storage room at the police station.

ok some thoughts that this is someone who would idolize Israel Keyes.

did some one not say that BG was wearing some kind of camera attachment go pro?

Israel Keyes

Haunted State parks and rural areas
came prepared with kill kit
wore a night vision ops light attachment on his head
would wait hours and days
looked for pairs of girls, women, or couples or single men.

he also was clean as a whistle leaving no DNA,

he left a mother and daughter posed on the side of the road near a picnic area I believe.

so even, IK didn't completely disappear all of his victims by weighing down body parts in deep bodies of water.

this mother daughter case shows it wasn't always handy or easy to dispose of victims so
it didn't always go down that way.

I feel a copy cat. I feel this perp would be highly annoyed to be outed as a loathsome
copy cat with no originality..one who made fatal mistakes and got caught on camera just like
IK, which was his downfall.

yes I call copycat..and he will be caught and no one will be overly impressed.

mOO

Hi minazoe,

I’ve had the same thoughts for 2.5+ years. Scope the location, plant the kit, leave, return, commit the crime, leave. IK traversed multiple states around the US, flew from place to place, drove around in rental cars, made it difficult to pinpoint his movements. Not local and not a suspect til he messed up and committed the abduction/murder on his home turf. Literally.

Keyes’ forum in Serial Killers is a very interesting read.

BG could turn out to be local, more or less, to the area and the girls may have been specifically targeted. But I think modeling himself after IK is a good possibility.

I wish LE could get the break they need and Abby and Libby’s families could get some answers.

JMO
RIP M+J

Today Is The Day that someone will grow up and allow their conscience to help them to do The Only Right Thing and turn BG in to LE.
The dark secret this person possesses will perpetually eat at their soul until they turn the information to LE. The only way to illuminate their heart(s) from this necrotizing blackness is to disclose what they know. If they choose not to do so, they are partially responsible for every future victim of BG’s and the devastation of all the victims families. Who would choose an eternity of damnation to protect such a monster?

As I read all I have often wondered if BG, is being protected because of who he is, his standing in the community/area/state, his job (lawyer/minister, political official, etc.), his family name....I could go on.

Is he already in a mental hospital and cannot be touched? I don’t know how or if LE can charge someone under care...how can they get a patients DNA.

LE has a lot of info...a lot, what is going on that more is not released, truth not being told....even the families are pretty darn quiet....it is scary....families usually are more out spoken....

LE knows...they know who BG the killer is

The killer needs to be arrested sooner then soon.

As I read all I have often wondered if BG, is being protected because of who he is, his standing in the community/area/state, his job (lawyer/minister, political official, etc.), his family name....I could go on.

Is he already in a mental hospital and cannot be touched? I don’t know how or if LE can charge someone under care...how can they get a patients DNA.

LE has a lot of info...a lot, what is going on that more is not released, truth not being told....even the families are pretty darn quiet....it is scary....families usually are more out spoken....

LE knows...they know who BG the killer is

The killer needs to be arrested sooner then soon.

They don’t keep people in mental institutions for a long time these days. So, even if he was, and I doubt it, he should have been released.

How could they know that BG lives, works or visits Delphi regularly? Present tense not past tense.
Is it possible maybe that he sent in multiple email tips giving misleading info (and bogus contact info) but did so more than just once from a location in Delphi...like a computer in the public library?
Perhaps the reason they know he looks young is because they have seen other CCTV footage of him from the library, wearing a baseball cap or something partially covering his face but indicating his real age?
Any thoughts?
That would perhaps be a very clever move: being NOT from Delphi, but laying tracks exactly into the direction of Delphi ....
I believe, the killer IS clever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member