Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #114

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome back to the Delphi Murders discussion thread.

On the afternoon of Feb. 13th, 2017, best friends Abigail Williams and Liberty German were dropped off at a bridge in the town of Delphi. On Feb 14th their bodies were discovered around noon about 50 feet from the north bank of Deer Creek which is about 0.5 miles from the bridge.
The Sheriff's office gave a press conference on 4/22/19 and we have some solid information. Please take a look below

HERE IS THE NEW SKETCH FROM THE PRESS CONFERENCE ON 4/22/19

delphi-suspect-sketch-ht-jef-190422_hpEmbed_5x6_992.jpg

HERE IS THE NEW AUDIO. IT'S-A BIT LONGER THAN THE FIRST AUDIO:
https://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_Audio_Edited_2019x3.wav

Here is the old audio in a loop:

http://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_male_voice_loop.mp3

LATEST PRESS CONFERENCE 4/22/19

FOR MORE CLICK HERE FOR THE CARROL COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE FACEBOOK PAGE.

Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at
(844) 459-5786.

Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at(800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriff's Department at (765) 564-2413.

Information can also be emailed to Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

video of press conference from 2017 02/22/17: https://www.facebook.com/NewsCenter1...4728963476130/

Let's do this. Let's commit to getting this killer's picture and voice out there any possible way we can.

Pictures of Abby and Libby

Link to post with all Threads #1-98(Courtesy of margarita25)

Thread #99 Thread #100 Thread #101 Thread #102 Thread #103 Thread #104 Thread #105 Thread #106 Thread #107 Thread #108 Thread #109 Thread #110 Thread #111 Thread #112 Thread #113

Link to Media Maps & Timelines *No Discussion*
Link to Media Maps & Timelines #2 *No Discussion*

IMAGE Discussion Thread

Scanner Thread

Rules Etiquette & Information

Case map by skibaboo updated with grayhuze crime flow video
grayhuze youtube channel

Verified Insiders: None in this case at this time.
Verified Professional, Member michael.gartley, is a Verified Expert in Imaging Science.

RULES OF THIS DISCUSSION

DO NOT post photos of random individuals (including persons featured in MSM articles about other area crimes) to compare to the images of unidentified suspect on the bridge.

PLEASE DO NOT POST PICTURES OF SEX OFFENDERS!

Do not sleuth family, PERIOD. This includes previous public records which have nothing to do with this case. They are victims here. Plain and simple.

4) If you feel you have a tip, by all means, phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a lot to discuss in the Delphi case with all the very big developments.

We have a very strong rule on Websleuths. Do not ask someone to PM you on a discussion thread. Why? You saw what happens on this thread. The thread was almost taken over by people saying "PM ME PM ME". We couldn't keep up with removing the posts.
If you want someone to PM you then what you do is you PRIVATE MESSAGE THEM FIRST and ask them whatever.

You do not stop the whole discussion and ask someone to PM you.

We will be giving long time-outs to anyone who says they have the information they can only share in PM's or words to that effect.

We call that "baiting" and it makes me crazy. It is so frustrating to try and get things under control when someone recklessly posts a cryptic post creating a frenzy of posts asking to be PM'd.
Please be mindful of our rules.
Thank you,
Tricia

Mingymoo, you might’ve just solved a mystery for me! Why do you think she zoomed in? I agree, but just wondering if you are seeing what I’m seeing.

Now for the mystery you solved....If LG zoomed in on BG she couldn’t have been using the iPhone camera function in selfie mode. The front camera is fixed (it is on my XR, my daughters 8, my old 7). The video was definitely taken in selfie mode. You CAN zoom in when you are in selfie mode on SC.

Edit: I’m not sure about the iPhone 6 front camera so I’ll say I’m almost positive she didn’t make the video with the phone. She couldn’t have with any of the last 3 iPhones I’ve had.

Last edit: this is to edit my previous post. Look at the stick on the flat surface like you are taking a pic. Then turn around and look at it in selfie mode. I think you guys know what I meant, but I had to correct my mistake.

I have a 6s and can confirm the camera does not zoom in selfie mode.

Mingymoo, you might’ve just solved a mystery for me! Why do you think she zoomed in? I agree, but just wondering if you are seeing what I’m seeing.

Now for the mystery you solved....If LG zoomed in on BG she couldn’t have been using the iPhone camera function in selfie mode. The front camera is fixed (it is on my XR, my daughters 8, my old 7). The video was definitely taken in selfie mode. You CAN zoom in when you are in selfie mode on SC.

Edit: I’m not sure about the iPhone 6 front camera so I’ll say I’m almost positive she didn’t make the video with the phone. She couldn’t have with any of the last 3 iPhones I’ve had.

Last edit: this is to edit my previous post. Look at the stick on the flat surface like you are taking a pic. Then turn around and look at it in selfie mode. I think you guys know what I meant, but I had to correct my mistake.

I think she had a Samsung as there is a pic with her holding it in her hand and it was discussed many threads ago IIRC.

ETA. @gregjrichards I see you have recognised the phone from the pic I remembered.

Last edited:
Help someone recognise him and keep the crime in the public domain. That is what the paid professionals want the public to try and do. Sleuthers are doing that IMO.

Context indicates @BradB was referring to picking details out of the image, as he posted during a conversation about pixel count. If paid professionals cant determine if BG is wearing a hat, a hoodie, his age, etc....then how could we?

your response was just an obvious response that could be made to combate any questioning of the lineof sleuting. Of course thats what paid professionals want...thats why they released the video and audio that they have...in hopes someone would recognize him. But thats doesnt seem to be what Brad meant.

Last edited:
Well no worries- it was an exciting post and I was hoping you were on to something! Your experiment reminded me of something they’d do in The Bloodhound Gang :D (Those who know the show reference will know that dates me :p)

I still think the video was in selfie mode. Im just not sure about the need to zoom in since they might’ve been much closer to each other than I thought.

After rewatching the (February 2017) video I realized that what I was looking at (the pic showing a good portion of the side of the bridge) wasn’t a still from the video, but something that was created by GH. Then I watched another of GHs videos (March 2018) and he had their placement much further apart BG was north of the platform and LG was off the end of the bridge. I thought there was actually another more recent video where GH really got into the weeds about where they were during the video, but I haven’t found it yet.

Basically, I’m just not sure where they were on the bridge that day now so I’ve retired my theory. It was exciting till I had to torpedo it.

I think she had a Samsung as there is a pic with her holding it in her hand and it was discussed many threads ago IIRC.

ETA. @gregjrichards I see you have recognised the phone from the pic I remembered.
The reason I said I think she may have zoomed taking the video is because I did it my self last night when trying to capture video of all things a baddie the quality was awful and I was leaning on something solid whilst I was taking it. I also used a Samsung phone. The video was zoomed 4 times it was shaken and I have the a blurry figure.

Context indicates @BradB was referring to picking details out of the image, as he posted during a conversation about pixel count. If paid professionals cant determine if BG is wearing a hat, a hoodie, his age, etc....then how could we?

your response was just an obvious response that could be made to combate any questioning of the lineof sleuting. Of course thats what paid professionals want...thats why they released the video and audio that they have...in hopes someone would recognize him. But thats doesnt seem to be what Brad meant.
DBM

This April 22nd presser link and transcript done by @CrimeDawg123 has been missing from the last several threads. I am putting it here on the first page for easier reference.

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #107

April 22 Press Conference transcript:

<news announcer>
Doug Carter and he has taken the stand. We'll take a listen in.

<audio cuts in to Superintendent Carter>
... the Delphi community how grateful I am you inspire people you don't even understand and you don't even understand why. Information is being released today is the result of literally thousands and thousands of hours of extraordinary investigative efforts by Delphi Carroll County, the FBI, the Indiana State Police and countless other agencies. This community surrounded us some twenty six months ago and you did everything you could to support us but most importantly you surrounded the family of these two little girls. Gosh I'll never forget it. After you hear what we're going to release today I'm going to ask for your continued support, your continued understanding, your empathy and compassion as we move forward to find out who did this and we will.

We're seeking the public's help to identify the driver of a vehicle that was parked at the old CPS DCS welfare building in the city of Delphi that was abandoned on the east side of County Road 300 North next to the Hoosier Heartland highway between the hours of noon to 5:00 on February 14th 2017. If you were parked there or know who was parked there please contact the officers at the command post at the Delphi city building.

We are releasing additional portions of the audio recorded from that day. Please keep in mind the person talking is one person and is the person on the bridge with the girls. This is not two different people speaking. Please listen to it very, very carefully. We are also releasing video recovered from Libby's phone. This video has never before been previously released. The video shows a suspect walking on the bridge. When you see the video watch the watch the person's mannerisms as they walk. Watch the mannerisms as he walks. Do you recognize the mannerisms as being someone that you might know? Remember he is walking on a former railroad bridge. Because of the deteriorated condition of the bridge the suspect is not walking naturally due to the spacing between the ties.

During the course of this investigation we have concluded the first sketch released will become secondary as of today. The result of the new information and intelligence over time leads us to believe the sketch which you will see shortly is the person responsible for the murders of these two little girls. We also believe this person is from Delphi. Currently or has previously lived here, visits Delphi on a regular basis or works here. We believe this person is currently between the age range of 18 and 40 but might appear younger than its true age.

Directly to the killer who may be in this room. We believe you are hiding in plain sight. For more than two years you never thought we would shift gears to a different investigative strategy but we have. We likely have interviewed you or someone close to you. We know that this is about power to you and you want to know what we know. And one day you will.

The question to you: what will those closest to you think of they find out that you brutally murdered two little girls, two children? Only a coward would do such a thing.

We are confident that you have told someone what you have done or at the very least they know because how different you are since the murders. We try so hard to understand how a person could do something like this to to two chil to two children. I recently watched a movie called The Shack and there's also a book that talks so well about evil, about death and about eternity. To the murderer I believe you have just a little bit of a conscience left and I can assure you that how you left them in that woods is not, is not what they are experiencing today.

The family. I hope that you all will give them some time because we're going to be asking that there's no media inquiry or no media response for at least the next two weeks and I hope you understand why. The family found out about this about this information this morning. I just want the family to know that when I take my last breath on this earth I'll be thinking of them. There's going to be a tremendous amount of <unintelligble> I know that. I know that. Never in my career have I stood in front of something like this. Please be patient with us. Please. We're just beginning. We are we are just now beginning. That I can tell you on behalf of the sheriff and the police chief so many other partners that have stood with us over this period of time that we will not stop.

-- Other officer ..
I just unveiled the person that we believe responsible for the murder of these two little girls so I invite media to take a look at that now. Kim.

We're also going to show you a video not previously released that superintendent spoke to and also the audio that's additional to what's been previously released. It's only a slight change in it. So give Sergeant Riley just a second as he gets that up and ready.
<plays audio>
Stand by for the video please. There is no sound of the video.
<plays video> As Superintendent Carter mentioned. He is on the railway bridge. You have to take different steps to get to it. This information later this afternoon will be on the state police website. For the community that's here we have 100 copies of the news release. If you put in that URL you'll be able to get to that site to play it. And we also have that same release for you in the media and the rest of the state we'll get that released in about 15 minutes. So we appreciate those of you that came here. This concludes our announcement. Thank you for your time patience and courtesy.
<end>

Let's hope this is the thread with an arrest!

Last edited:
I have read, i believe here, that the phone Libby had that day wasnt her's. That hers was damaged or something. Does anyone have any recollection of this? And if so, where it originated?
Libby's phone had been factory re-set the week before the murders.

She had her own phone with her that day.

@JudgeJudi transcribed this from the video a while back in Thread #104. I had linked this in the last thread as well.

"Now I don’t remember a lot of the walking because at that point in time I called AT&T because Libby had reset her phone the week before because it kept glitching, it just kept catching, it kept freezing up on her. So she reset the phone to factory reset, but when she did that, she didn’t reset some of the different apps. So I called AT&T to ask them if they could ping or trace her phone because if you have, you know, like that thing, Trace My Phone or whatever it is as an app, you can – they can do it. So I know that they probably could trace her phone. "

Well BradB didn't actually reply to any particular post so I interpreted it generally.

I still think the video was in selfie mode. Im just not sure about the need to zoom in since they might’ve been much closer to each other than I thought.

After rewatching the (February 2017) video I realized that what I was looking at (the pic showing a good portion of the side of the bridge) wasn’t a still from the video, but something that was created by GH. Then I watched another of GHs videos (March 2018) and he had their placement much further apart BG was north of the platform and LG was off the end of the bridge. I thought there was actually another more recent video where GH really got into the weeds about where they were during the video, but I haven’t found it yet.

Basically, I’m just not sure where they were on the bridge that day now so I’ve retired my theory. It was exciting till I had to torpedo it.
Here is the link to ISP with the original video and flyer with NBG sketch that was released in April 2019. (Just to go back to the source.)

ISP: Delphi Homicide Investigation

Delphi Homicide Investigation
bb_Delphi_Suspect_new_lg.jpg

The Delphi Police Department, the Carroll County Sheriff, the Indiana State Police, and the FBI are asking for your assistance in identifying the suspect in the double homicide of two teenage girls, Abigail J. "Abby" Williams, 13, and Liberty Rose Lynn "Libby" German, 14, both from Delphi.

Abigail_Joyce_Williams_sm.jpg

Abigail Joyce "Abby" Williams, 13
Liberty_Rose_Lynn_German_sm.jpg

Liberty Rose Lynn "Libby" German, 14
On Monday, February 13th, at approximately 1:00 p.m., the two young girls were let off near the Monon High Bridge, an abandoned rail bridge over Deer Creek to walk around and hang out. They were to be picked up later in the afternoon, but did not show up there at the previously arranged time. Following an extensive search, at approximately 12:15 p.m. on February 14, 2017, the bodies of the two girls were found in a wooded area near the Delphi Historic Trail, approximately one-half mile upstream from the bridge.

Delphi_murder_suspect.jpg

Delphi homicide suspect
On Wednesday, February 15th, law enforcement officers distributed a photograph of a person observed on the Delphi Historic Trail. The photograph appears to depict a white male wearing blue jeans, a blue coat/jacket, and a hoodie. During the course of the investigation, preliminary evidence has led investigators to believe the person, in the distributed photograph, is a suspect in the investigation of the homicides of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.

Additionally, investigators have released an updated voice recording and video of the suspect not previously released that was extracted from Liberty “Libby” German’s cell phone.

Click one of the following links to download the recording or the video:

Audio downloads:
Delphi_Audio_Edited_2019x3.wav
Delphi_Audio_Edited_2019x3.ogg
Delphi_Audio_Edited_2019x3.mp3

Video downloads:
Delphi_MotionFix.mp4
Delphi_MotionFix.ogv
Delphi_MotionFix.webm
Delphi_MotionFix.wmv

Email is the preferred way to send tips to help solve this crime.
Anyone with information about this case is encouraged to send tips to this email address: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

Information sent by email is kept confidential and is only shared with investigators. The telephone Tip Line is (844) 459-5786. Tips are also accepted by the Indiana State Police at (800) 382-7537, or by the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department at (765) 564-2413.

Tip Information Contacts
e-Mail:abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com
Tip Line: (844) 459-5786
Indiana State Police: (800) 382-7537
Carroll County Sheriff: (765) 564-2413
Information can be reported anonymously; however, the Indiana State Police, the FBI, and the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department have announced a reward for information leading to the arrest of the person or persons responsible for the homicides of Liberty German and Abigail Williams. The amount of the reward may be in excess of $200,000 depending upon the value of the information provided.

Law enforcement authorities reserve the right to reject a claim for reward where there has been collusion or criminal involvement. The reward may be apportioned between various persons and/or paid for the arrest of the responsible person(s), as the circumstances fairly dictate.

The Indiana State Police Alliance (ISPA) has established an account for individuals or businesses wishing to donate to the Delphi Reward Fund. Checks should be made payable to the Indiana State Police Alliance Foundation. “Delphi Reward” should be entered on the memo line. Donations can be mailed to:

Indiana State Police Alliance
1415 Shelby Street
Indianapolis, IN 46203
All suspects are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Speaking of the phone, I can’t help but feel the fact DH could still get through to a ring on LG’s phone 3:14 (per Foreigner’s timeline in media thread), but it went straight to voicemail at 3:30 is somehow significant. It would be a huge coincidence IMO that her phone battery happened to die in the 15 minutes after someone starts calling her and looking for her. I do not think it’s a coincidence.

My best theory is that the perp heard the phone ringing, and I think he turned it off. I think he left the phone because he was savvy enough to know it could be traced to him if he took it. And I don’t think he knew they’d captured his image and voice or that would have made him take it regardless.

The significance of the phone going to vm by 3:30 (if the battery just didn’t coincidentally die) is that it would place BG still at the scene as late as 3:14. Thus affecting the potential timeline of his escape, potential reliable witness sightings, and the escape route.

MOO.

This forum has turnt into explaining old theories about the case over and over and over qgain, having the same 2 arguments over and over again, it's quite obvious to see the police have messed this 1 up completely and they do not have a clue who it is, The t ip hasn't come in and that's what there counting on. It's crazy how the police messed up so bad they have everything they could ask for in a murder case and can't do a single thing, bringing out another sketch and dismissing the first one when they had the second one after 3 days. JuSt doesn't make sense

Looks and sounds like an olderman, the second sketch is a joke... Who are they covering up for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021