Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #115

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jbetty567

Jbetty567 Well-Known Member

You don’t have to listen to the two hours beforehand! It’s just a call-in show. Skip to the 2:00 mark.

Edit: typo as usual

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019

2. Cutiekitty

Cutiekitty Well-Known Member

I don’t know why @FinePrint thinks the vehicle might not be involved, but I can present a scenario where the vehicle might not have been BG’s transportation, but still important. The driver of the vehicle could’ve met BG at the trail or even just the parking lot, they hung out/spoke, then the vehicle left. LE asked for people that saw the vehicle there between a certain time frame, but didn’t say the vehicle was there during the entire time frame. A while back @MistyWaters suggested the vehicle might’ve had more to do with a witness than BG himself and I’ve thought about that ever since.

My first impression after the PC was that the vehicle was transportation for BG TBH, but I keep an open mind.

3. Jbetty567

Jbetty567 Well-Known Member

The girls went to public middle school in Delphi. Friday and Monday were days off built into the calendar for anticipated snow days that weren’t needed, so the result was a nice 4-day February break. Chili fundraiser looks like it’s for Delphi high school - maybe a Boosters thing or something along those lines. Anyway I’ve always assumed that BG knew that Monday was a day off school. There were lots of kids on the trails that day... he likely watched to see when he could get some alone, trapped on the bridge.

4. Moonracer

Moonracer Well-known Unknown

I wonder, are "Cushmans" or "mules" common there? Mechanical yet can go on trails.

5. ScumbagTrav

ScumbagTrav Well-Known Member

Absolutely. But there is a reason to believe the car is associated with BG. More than a reason, actually, as @kc1023 pointed out.

Are there scenarios and stories one can draw up to show why he traveled only on foot...sure!

Is it reasonable to do so given the PC lead off with a req for info in the driver of a vehicle, and given LE saying "The importance of the car also ties into why police now believe the killer is local...."? I dont think it is. <modsnip: personalizing>

And im not quite following...

So LE needs help identifying the driver of a car, because they are a witness to BG, but they dont know who that witness is? How exactly do they know he/she is a witness then? Im not seeing any logic there. What am I missing?

And which is more likely? That LE needs the public's help finding the driver of a parked car between 12 and 5 because they are a witness but they dont know who it is, but somehow know they are a witness....

Or

It was BG that parked his (or someone's) car there ?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2019
  6. ACE422

ACE422 Well-Known Member

I agree that he should’ve sought help if this was the case, but I disagree that the VA provides excellent care to those with PTSD or mental illnesses. Suicide rates continue to increase among veterans- 17 to 20 veterans a day die by suicide In the USA. They have come up with “programs” to help, however actually being able to access/utilize those programs is a challenge. I won’t go into further detail, because I don’t want to get off topic.
    While some people with PTSD are capable of harming others, they are more likely to harm or kill themselves.

Why is our culture experiencing more and more violence? What role does media play in this?

7. NameUser

NameUser That Old So and So

In the Video at the 2 hour mark they say they only have touch DNA (perhaps not even from BG) from the shoulder area on a sweatshirt and that those involved are baffled that there is so little DNA at the scene. It is a mysterious source (who's family won an election??) so take of it what you will.

They also talk about the timelines a bit and some a theory that the culprit came from a house nearby. Bottom line is that the caller believes it will be a long time until this case is solved without someone coming forward.

8. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

the part I read had to deal with a guest visiting someone’s house and now people might be ashamed to acknowledge it. Very possibly.

that GH is right - everything needed to be
    out in the open, the video, phone tower dump data, immediately after murders. That they should have been asking about the CAR two years ago - I can see.

But I listened 8 minutes into the conversation and there was nothing about DNA.

I can’t listen to GH for 2 hours. He is right, and he is smart, it is just me.

@ScumbagTrav , respectfully, the last PC was in April. There is zero information from that time. We are chewing on old stuff. MOO - it is OK to provide own opinions, because the LE is not giving us any facts. And the longer they wait on someone miraculously providing them with the piece of the puzzle, the more assumptions there will be made.

Maybe it is turning into a cold case.

9. ACE422

ACE422 Well-Known Member

In my heart of hearts, I can’t believe this is turning into a cold case. We can only hope that investigators are still gathering information we are not privy to. That people will come forward with information they have not previously shared and that long awaited justice will be served some day for Abby and Libby.

10. Charlot123

ETA: sorry. I missed it. Started at the video. Yes, a touch DNA is merely a touch DNA. It should be enough to isolate the DNA from. (At least a few cells, I assume). It is not enough for a proof in court, unless the person whose DNA it is can not explain how it got there.

Unless there is something on the video tying the girls up to that touch that was not shown to us.

11. Mike Britton

Mike Britton Well-Known Member

Walking to the crime / hunt would potentially be more noticeable by passersby. My guess is LE have specifically asked about the vehicle because they are confident it was used by the offender. I'm tentatively down with this.

Doing the whole thing on foot (or via bike?) would have been more efficient., just not very smart provided the object is to move fast to firm up an alibi.

12. moonlessnight

moonlessnight Well-Known Member

doing this crime using an unreliable vehicle would also not be very smart :confused:

13. moonlessnight

moonlessnight Well-Known Member

they are looking for the driver. I posted that link yesterday.

14. Cutiekitty

Cutiekitty Well-Known Member

BBM - It was a scenario previously proposed and I don’t rule anything out since only minimal info has been put out by LE and Im not 100% sold on any of the YouTuber conclusions or any of the hypotheses of people not directly involved in this case. There are some that I find plausible and very interesting though. There are a couple of people on here that make me question conventional theories about the case that have been deemed fact.

I don’t know why LE is interested in the vehicle. I think it’s related to BG , but I don’t know for sure which is why I don’t mind others expressing their opinions about it without explanation.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2019
  15. Mike Britton

Mike Britton Well-Known Member

True! It would be naive for the offender to trust an unreliable vehicle.

"You made mistakes."

There's a possibility home wasn't far. Maybe mom picked him up.

16. Mack Yarborough

Mack Yarborough Member

It is pretty crazy how close some roads and some houses are to the bridge. When you hear this story for the first time, you'd think the bridge is out in a very rural area but the truth is there are a handful of homes within a 1/2 mile radius of the bridge. Downtown Delphi is only 1.5 miles west. It looks like there is even a dirt road or private driveway that goes under the bridge about 600 feet southeast of the bridge and there is a small the cemetery about 1000 feet to the northeast. BG would have had several options to get out of there by foot to a parked car somewhere. Shoot, if he is truly a local and he is familiar with the woods, he could have just walked home, even if he lives in "downtown" Delphi. The vehicle spotted MAY be BG's or it may be a red herring.

17. Charlot123

That he knew it was a day off school is unsurprising. That for him, too, it could have been a day off school/work, is what I see. This is why he was at such a haste. The next day he’d be too busy. This is why I wonder if it was a high schooler/coach/teacher/parent,

18. heartgoesout

heartgoesout test

It is crazy. You know what else seems crazy??

DancingMuse and cody22 like this.
  19. ScumbagTrav

ScumbagTrav Well-Known Member

I know the sketch isn't a photograph, but to me that sketch looks like a young man.

20. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

The only Delphi call in video I see is from a week ago and it only goes up to 2:03:29...?

DancingMuse, TL4S and ScumbagTrav like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.