Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #115

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did he leave without being seen? The focus has been on him leaving north. Dig a bit to see where he would end up if he followed the road/woods under the bridge southward.

Is it possible to walk to the Bicycle bridge road place from there? Sorry, I don’t remember.

It’s a road. It’s passable. Or it’s a walk along the woods outskirts. Maybe along the creek bed or the quad paths. Southward exit is very viable and leads directly to Abby’s home.
I didnt mean the private road (leading to N625 is it?) but was thinking the poster was talking about the trail continuing south (the old rail track) that is all overgrown.

I’m talking about the private road that goes under the bridge and ends southward towards the church. :)
Ok. That is passable indeed if it is leading to N625w. I was on about the route that is partly highlighted in this link. It also continues all the way down to 200 coming out further to the East of the Baptist Church. Sorry to confuse the discussion peeps.

Beacon - Carroll County, IN - Map

I think @Falling Down has a post on here describing what that route was like at the time and it sounded pretty impassable. MOO
It is the old railroad bed. That RR has not been abandoned long enough to become impassible to walkers. All I need to do is look at the overhead shot to see that I could easily navigate my way down that route. It might be tough in spots, but that is how walks in the woods are sometimes. Heck, many trails in state forests and state parks are built on top of old logging RR tracks...over 100 years old.

So, maybe we just will have to disagree. But, there is stuff down that way. Stuff that folks could see from the old RR line that time of year. And, it would not take to long to walk down and back from where that stuff is.

I realize that, if we just eliminate that route out of hand, it leaves us left stuff to mull over. But, I really do not see the long-range benefit of simply discounting that route altogether.

It is the old railroad bed. That RR has not been abandoned long enough to become impassible to walkers. All I need to do is look at the overhead shot to see that I could easily navigate my way down that route. It might be tough in spots, but that is how walks in the woods are sometimes. Heck, many trails in state forests and state parks are built on top of old logging RR tracks...over 100 years old.

So, maybe we just will have to disagree. But, there is stuff down that way. Stuff that folks could see from the old RR line that time of year. And, it would not take to long to walk down and back from where that stuff is.

I realize that, if we just eliminate that route out of hand, it leaves us left stuff to mull over. But, I really do not see the long-range benefit of simply discounting that route altogether.
And, BTW, not a chop at you. I mean it when I say I would love to have less to mull over about this case.

But Abby's address and who lived there isn't speculation it is fact.

Previously this was brought up on WS and I was under the impression that she lived near the bridge(I didn’t know where), but it would be hard to get to her house because of terrain. The road that goes under the bridge would run right in front of her house wouldn’t it? Not implying anything - I just learn something new everyday.

Previously this was brought up on WS and I was under the impression that she lived near the bridge(I didn’t know where), but it would be hard to get to her house because of terrain. The road that goes under the bridge would run right in front of her house wouldn’t it? Not implying anything - I just learn something new everyday.
Sure does. Or pull up google maps and look at all the easy ways to get southward and not be seen.

And, BTW, not a chop at you. I mean it when I say I would love to have less to mull over about this case.
I am only repeating what a poster had said about it. I have no idea if it is passable but would think the same as you do except that, unlike the bridge, it is in all different ownership so fences may have been erected. JMO.

(In the UK, old railtracks usually revert to the landowners but they often don't fence them off and leave them open as bridleways and footpaths.)

ETA I am copying and pasting from post # 481 earlier in the thread. Credit to poster Falling Down.

"I then drove down C.R. 425, then west on C.R. 200. Where the old railroad bed went through there is terribly overgrown and had standing water in it, this was middle of the Summer time. So that eliminated him getting out that way, and possibly parking along 200, plus the chances of him being seen would be very high."

Last edited:
Is it possible to walk to the Bicycle bridge road place from there? Sorry, I don’t remember.

I was wondering if he could have walked there and that is why they were checking out the place. It was one of the first places that LE went. Perhaps someone there gave him a ride away from that address and he then disappeared. MOO

Here is an old broadcast from a local tv station that aired just prior to the girls being found on the 14th
Hope it works okay and is not against WS tos
Here is an old broadcast from a local tv station that aired just prior to the girls being found on the 14th
Hope it works okay and is not against WS tos
Combing the background of this video to see if anyone looks like the BG. So creepy to think he was probably close.

I was wondering if he could have walked there and that is why they were checking out the place. It was one of the first places that LE went. Perhaps someone there gave him a ride away from that address and he then disappeared. MOO
I'm not sure how this place fits in. LE didn't comment on the outcome of the search as far as I could see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123