Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #115

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raja

raja Well-Known Member

This has haunted me as well. I pray I would do the right thing but I would have to have dang hard evidence of it. I think I would first hire an attorney to guide me and let him handle the LE notification. Golly what a horrible position that would be. I think the guilt of not doing the right thing would destroy me and certainly would end up destroying any relationship I had with that child. Let's face it any child that would kill 2 innocent people is not going on to have a good life like we so all wish for our children.

2. zencompass

zencompass Hope springs eternal

Double post

3. zencompass

zencompass Hope springs eternal

There could be a charge of "Accessory After the Fact" and/or "Obstruction of Justice".

Accessory After The Fact

Definition
    "An accessory-after-the-fact is someone who assists 1) someone who has committed a crime, 2) after the person has committed the crime, 3) with knowledge that the person committed the crime, and 4) with the intent to help the person avoid arrest or punishment. An accessory after the fact may be held liable for, among other things, obstruction of justice."

Obstruction of Justice
    Obstruction of Justice – Criminal Law

"Generally, obstruction charges are laid when it is discovered that a non-suspect person has lied to the investigating officers. Obstruction charges can also be laid if a person alters or destroys physical evidence, even if s/he was under no compulsion to produce such evidence, at any time.

"Obstruction of justice is a broad concept that extends to any effort to prevent the execution of lawful process or the administration of justice in either a criminal or civil matter."

4. pearl

pearl Well-Known Member

I think when and if we ever learn this, the crime will be solved.

5. stattlich1

stattlich1 Well-Known Member

Someone with the power to steer an investigation involving local Police, State Police and the FBI away from a particular POI and towards another? Hmmmmmm.

6. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Well-Known Member

Okay, I'll bite. I'd like to know what type of position of power one would be in to steer away LE from a POI. No names, of course. We don't even have to be talking about this case. In any case, who would that person be? Are we talking a Governor of a State?

7. JenniD

JenniD Well-Known Member

I agree. Some have given descriptions of how the bodies were found and method of death. It was more than I needed to know. Thankfully those are no longer available

JDough and DancingMuse like this.
  8. JenniD

JenniD Well-Known Member

I still have the same POI but have added a couple more

DancingMuse and taximama24 like this.
  9. JenniD

JenniD Well-Known Member

IMOO- someone well known in the area or community who the general public feel is a model citizen and very very trustworthy

10. sleuther0192837465

sleuther0192837465 Stand up for what is right even if you stand alone

What do you think their motive would be for killing 2 girls?

11. stattlich1

stattlich1 Well-Known Member

Who is going to dupe the local police, ISP, and the FBI.....and send them on a wild goose chase after some scruffy old dude with a hat whilst ignoring the sketch of that young chap with the curly hair?

Somebody in a position to influence the course and direction of the investigation right at the git go.

Somebody in the 'inner circle'? A law enforcement person? A witness?

12. BNA

BNA Well-Known Member

This did not happen during the warmer months

FrostedGlass and DancingMuse like this.
  13. BNA

BNA Well-Known Member

Or whether it is a car, truck, motorcycle or whatever. IDK why everybody simply defaults to it being a car.

14. heartgoesout

heartgoesout Well-Known Member

Abby's mother has confirmed those details were false. Read that again.

15. BNA

BNA Well-Known Member

Power. He said power.

16. heartgoesout

I think the better question is who thinks they duped LE?

17. heartgoesout

If you google map the area it is amazing how easily BG could have left southward and all the areas he could exit without being seen to end up at a safehouse if you will.

18. tresir2012

tresir2012 Former Member

TY. That's perfect.

DancingMuse, ScumbagTrav and cody22 like this.
  19. Tiger Stripes

Tiger Stripes Well-Known Member

Thanks to @zencompass for quick research skills at locating this answer via Cornell Law's website, and to @Mike Britton and others for reminding us of just how significant a parent's input in a criminal case can be. Also thanks to @Charlot123 for an amazing variety of information re: DNA, and especially to the posters here on this case who are local/within a few hours away, who have gone to the time and trouble of physically retracing various paths/routes to/from the CS. (This is just a partial thanks, since there are so many who are doing so much...)

These are just a few of the many WS-ers watching this case who have been making practical contributions to the case, and in "real time". LE has in the WS site -- and in the caring, compassionate WS-ers here -- a vast repository of helpful information that will direct this case to its just conclusion. We all are so grateful!

Continuing to pray for LE as they work on this case, as well as for Abby's & Libby's families.

20. 155etta

155etta Well-Known Member

I think the answer may be in the scanner thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.