Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #115

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone with the power to steer an investigation involving local Police, State Police and the FBI away from a particular POI and towards another? Hmmmmmm.
Possibly a "witness" who was not a witness. Only LE knows who are the people who are considered witnesses. Witness info does not have to come from the day of the crime. I think someone who is not the killer but knows who is inserted himself or herself into the investigation in the very early days. This person could have made up OBG and fabricated a storyline in such a manner that LE dropped the early sketch and went another way. ISP Carter, "You never thought we would change direction." Probably not direct quote but ya'll know what I am referring to. The person does not even have to be powerful, just viewed as upstanding and trustworthy.

I think the answer may be in the scanner thread.
OK. Well, I am not going to give myself another headache over there again.....

Thanks for the response, tho.

IMO, that is an example of one piece of info that we should be able to refer to from the scanner thread. IDK if I can wrap my head around why we cannot do that.

I think the answer may be in the scanner thread.
Possibly, but there is so much speculation around one detail that isn't a fact that can make someone a POI based on pure rumor/theory. That's "key".

It must be time consuming to follow people with a baggie and rubber gloves, if this is happening.

If the case is beyond that stage, or never reached it, we can't know, of course. It just occurs to me that if I were personally involved with the case, I'd be doing the furtive evidence gathering with the goal being to place an individual at the crime scene.

I'm pretty sure LE stated in the April press conference that the new sketch is the face of the guy on the bridge and that he is responsible for the murders. They cannot be clearer about this IMO.

I think the difference is that you look at it as law enforcement stating a fact, while I look at it as law enforcement stating their strong opinion. I think law enforcement is wrong.

As for sketches, since no one has ever been able to identify the man in the video after over 2 1/2 years, I think that even if law enforcement did find the person and approached them and told them they were the man in the video, that person(or their lawyer) would turn around and say that it was not them. Then they would say, prove it.

I think the difference is that you look at it as law enforcement stating a fact, while I look at it as law enforcement stating their strong opinion. I think law enforcement is wrong.

As for sketches, since no one has ever been able to identify the man in the video after over 2 1/2 years, I think that even if law enforcement did find the person and approached them and told them they were the man in the video, that person(or their lawyer) would turn around and say that it was not them. Then they would say, prove it.
Another difference is I look at it as someone has been able to identified BG.
I have no doubt they know who BG is and are working on proving it. They need the person they have been talking to in press conferences to stop alibiing BG.

I'm pretty sure LE stated in the April press conference that the new sketch is the face of the guy on the bridge and that he is responsible for the murders. They cannot be clearer about this IMO.

Or did you mean you agreed with law enforcement's opinion? With the caveat of course that opinions are not 100% stated fact.

Another difference is I look at it as someone has been able to identified BG.
I have no doubt they know who BG is and are working on proving it. They need the person they have been talking to in press conferences to stop alibiing BG.

I totally agree. I think they’ve got DNA, but there is an issue. Plus, a spouse or a parent is the holdup IMO.

It’s been 6 months since a shocking update in the murders of Abby Williams and Libby German.....Since then, investigators said they have received roughly 3,000 additional tips.

State Police said they are getting the information they have been looking for. Detectives still need that one good tip to solve this case.....

Sgt. Riley said some tips have been about a car found abandoned near the trails on the day the girls went missing. On Thursday, he said he could not give us any details about what information investigators have on it.

Investigators ‘still working hard’ 6 months after releasing new sketch of Delphi murder suspect

Somebody in the 'inner circle'?
A law enforcement person?
A witness?
Maybe someone from a certain large "inner circle", Non-Delphian,
with a little help by a person of LE, who doesn't know of their help yet,
and as a witness, who was in the area "by chance, but didn't see anything at all" (or did see phantom-OBG).
Something like that perhaps ... I'm guessing.

Which is probably why it's taking time. And numerous people could have identified the killer from the video or the sketch. We don't know what LE knows. LE knows the course they need to take. We may be impatient as are they most likely but the victims families have voiced nothing but support and confidence in LE. We should take note of that, it speaks volumes. AJMO

Sgt. Riley said some tips have been about a car found abandoned near the trails on the day the girls went missing. On Thursday, he said he could not give us any details about what information investigators have on it.

Investigators ‘still working hard’ 6 months after releasing new sketch of Delphi murder suspect
SBBM

Interesting: “about a car found abandoned”. So it was the car that was abandoned after-all. (DC was not referring to the CPS building being abandoned, as we had thought possible).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff