Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #116

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am, more and more, going back to my very first theory upon hearing of the murders. These girls were very likely, imho, killed by a group of young males in the area who were also off school that day. There was probably some kind of party out there, maybe starting overnight and lasting into the day. That might explain why there was a relatively larger group of individuals at the trailhead when the girls were first dropped off. The girls might have been out there looking for it. Once directed to it by NBG, they walked into a group that was out of hand, and what happened to them is what has happened to way too many other girls walking into similar situations. And, then they were killed.

Now, LE is faced with members in the community who don't want to "ruin" the lives of the perps, star athletes, etc.

I probably should have stuck with this theory from the get go, instead of going off on a tangent. But, it is what it is.

All just MOO, but I am becoming resigned to it.
Interesting scenario and this one had not occurred to me. I don't put it high on my list of possibilities, but I would hope LE doesn't completely rule it out.

LE is open to all of this. Billboards were put up across the nation. Carter said at the last press conference new information and intelligence has lead them to this point.

So let's assume for example someone sends in a tip from Colorado that says they saw someone who fits the description of either the new sketch or the video eating at a McDonalds in Denver. The man left in a pickup truck heading west on some road, but they do not know his name or his license plate number.

Do you think LE investigates those types of tips if they have to go through an entire process just to figure out who the person is? I do not. I think they put those tips in a pile to get to later. This is what I meant. I know they had billboards put up after the murders but those were of the still image taken from Liberty German's phone. They wanted a quick solve and knew that using something factual like the video versus some sketch that may or may not be correct was the best strategy. They probably had the sketch but decided against it. The quick solve did not happen.

As for any new information and intelligence, I hope that information was developed by LE and not from an eyewitness who thinks they saw the bridge guy killer. I think what happened was within the first 5 months of the case they realized they were not going to be able to catch the man with the billboards so they switched to a local strategy hoping that narrowing their focus to the Delphi, Indiana area would cause the local community to become focused on anyone who was even remotely a resemblance. Eventually in such a small community the right tip would come in. As of today, that strategy has not worked out either.

And that has left people like myself wondering if today is the day so tomorrow does not have to be.

Last edited:
The reason they came out with the sketch of OBG after 5 months was because the face was too pixelated to distinguish any features so they came up with the composite from witnesses. They were pretty happy with that at the time. Two years down the road they have realised they made a mistake, they were misled, now they are on the right course with a sketch that they ruled out only a few days after the murders.

Why? This is what we don't know, but they have asked for patience, so we should give them time. I don't think we will need to wait too long.

The reason they came out with the sketch of OBG after 5 months was because the face was too pixelated to distinguish any features so they came up with the composite from witnesses. They were pretty happy with that at the time. Two years down the road they have realised they made a mistake, they were misled, now they are on the right course with a sketch that they ruled out only a few days after the murders.

Why? This is what we don't know, but they have asked for patience, so we should give them time. I don't think we will need to wait too long.
so they were mislead by someone not directly involved? or did fsg not want to implicate his friend?

I think that is a good theory. What bases are near Delphi, have you researched that?

@tresir2012 , to be honest, me being an immigrant, I am even scared to google US bases - although to see if any female/kids murders/disappearances overlap with the neighborhood of US military bases would be interesting. (And if so, trace the pattern). It is really a question of overlapping 2 maps. But I can try to find out if there is anything military around Delphi. To even know if there was an army brat attending Delphi school, day, 10 years ago, who later moved. (And Evansdale since while I am not sure the two murders are connected, it is still a possibility).

I've been thinking about the girls. they need justice. The people of Delphi should be terrified, because there is a sexual psychopath on the loose. He is probably a local or was, and could come back and kill again at any time.
The community is not safe. The children are not safe. Really no one is reasonably safe inDelphi or the surrounding area.
The police should start putting the squeeze on the community, put in curfews, rules, Start cracking down heavily..maybe then somebody will cough up what they know . It's time for truth..time for pressure..time for urgency.

He's gonna do it again. mOO

It almost sounds like you are suggesting martial law. You do realize that in most situations curfews are unconstitutional? There is no riot or insurrection going on so a curfew is out. What “rules” would you suggest? How would the police “crack down heavily”?

I want to hear more about your plan.

I am, more and more, going back to my very first theory upon hearing of the murders. These girls were very likely, imho, killed by a group of young males in the area who were also off school that day. There was probably some kind of party out there, maybe starting overnight and lasting into the day. That might explain why there was a relatively larger group of individuals at the trailhead when the girls were first dropped off. The girls might have been out there looking for it. Once directed to it by NBG, they walked into a group that was out of hand, and what happened to them is what has happened to way too many other girls walking into similar situations. And, then they were killed.

Now, LE is faced with members in the community who don't want to "ruin" the lives of the perps, star athletes, etc.

I probably should have stuck with this theory from the get go, instead of going off on a tangent. But, it is what it is.

I’m with you except for “group.” Id lean more toward one or two. Mostly because the more people involved, the more likely it would be that one would crack under the pressure and tell someone.

Your theory is flawed in so many ways. If there had been a party that the girls stumbled into there would have been remnants of the party such as beer cans, trampled underbrush, food of some sort, and weed. Most importantly there would be six- ten mouths to contend with as first hand witnesses. Taking it to the next level there would be twenty parents and who knows how many friends and confidants that in three years would know the identities of everyone involved. You can’t tell me that none of these people have reported what they have heard to the police. Had your theory been true the case would have been solved in the first few days.

This one was committed by a lone male (not necessarily the one on her camera) who has yet to be identified.

It does only seem to be on that very big sketch in the PC. The other copies that are found on the ISP site and elsewhere appear to be paler so don't show it.
I have wondered, and still do, if the 100 copies of the LE printout handed out at the 4/22 PC included NBG with the moles somehow more pronounced (just as the shiny NBG Sketch unveiled on the easel seems to show them more pronounced) in order to shock someone who was at the PC, so he'd see they are hot on NBG's tail and might feel compelled to come forward with something in defense of NBG, and perhaps in so doing further implicate himself! Wouldn't surprise me. LE knows. MOO!!!!!!!

When DC asked for the public's patience and said they were "just beginning" I took it to mean they know BG's identity now, for certain, but need time to gather the evidence to successfully convict.

I've been compiling a list of possible scenarios. Does anyone have others to add to the list?

Planned attack premeditated
Robbery gone bad
Saw something and killed girls to keep them from talking
On-line meetup gone wrong
Mental illness crisis escalated
Target shooting then decided to attack girls
Drug triggered rage
Suicidal and decided to take girls with him but after attacks suicidal ideation subsided

Honestly, I believe that this leans toward one of two possibilities:
The first, for reasons that I can't add here, is that this individual has pent up rage after being bullied in middle school and high school.
I believe that he felt like an outcast and was often the butt of many jokes.. this added to mental and possible physical ailments that brewed and ran deep.
I believe that he was familiar with at least one of the girls and he saw her as everything he was NOT in his teen years.
He had time to think over what he had endured and how to get his own form of justice on people that were linked to the bullies OR people that he believed were similar in some ways to the bullies.
And, I don't think he is a 40 year old man.
I believe him to be in his 20's.
And I believe that this was premeditated as premeditated can be.
MOO and my theory and speculation.

Second theory :
Pedophile with a desire to inflict pain and suffering.
I don't have much more to base this on, other than it is the only thing that makes sense to me other than theory One( which is the one I believe) .
Also..MOO

Your theory is flawed in so many ways. If there had been a party that the girls stumbled into there would have been remnants of the party such as beer cans, trampled underbrush, food of some sort, and weed. Most importantly there would be six- ten mouths to contend with as first hand witnesses. Taking it to the next level there would be twenty parents and who knows how many friends and confidants that in three years would know the identities of everyone involved. You can’t tell me that none of these people have reported what they have heard to the police. Had your theory been true the case would have been solved in the first few days.

This one was committed by a lone male (not necessarily the one on her camera) who has yet to be identified.
I don't know what was found at the crime scene, except that they found two deceased young females, but I figure whoever was there before and after probably does know quite a bit more.

I also do not know what was reported to the police.

I don't know how many people might be in the type of circle of friends, family, and confidants that you describe

What I do know is that they changed the pic to a young guy after 2 years.

As I said, when I first learned of these murders, my reaction was that it was young on young violence of the sort I have described. I guess you might call it instinct, or an Occam's Razor deduction.

After 4/22 of this year, I switched to a different POI. I am switching back now.

A recent GH video, posted on the last thread, discusses DNA on the shoulder of a sweatshirt. If that DNA is from someone known to the girls or to Kelsi (whose sweatshirt it was) then that could be difficult to place that person at the scene, if that was the only DNA found. Especially so if that person also has an alibi. MOO.
If it is from under the nails, they can prove. Anywhere else, and the person says, I joined the search party...

Well..just wondering out loud.. but, what if they have DNA, but they don't have anyone to cross-reference it to?
What if he lives just outside the area, and did not provide a DNA sample ?
If there is nothing in the database fro him, I assume they would not be able to match it?

MOO

So let's assume for example someone sends in a tip from Colorado that says they saw someone who fits the description of either the new sketch or the video eating at a McDonalds in Denver. The man left in a pickup truck heading west on some road, but they do not know his name or his license plate number.

Do you think LE investigates those types of tips if they have to go through an entire process just to figure out who the person is? I do not. I think they put those tips in a pile to get to later. This is what I meant. I know they had billboards put up after the murders but those were of the still image taken from Liberty German's phone. They wanted a quick solve and knew that using something factual like the video versus some sketch that may or may not be correct was the best strategy. They probably had the sketch but decided against it. The quick solve did not happen.

As for any new information and intelligence, I hope that information was developed by LE and not from an eyewitness who thinks they saw the bridge guy killer. I think what happened was within the first 5 months of the case they realized they were not going to be able to catch the man with the billboards so they switched to a local strategy hoping that narrowing their focus to the Delphi, Indiana area would cause the local community to become focused on anyone who was even remotely a resemblance. Eventually in such a small community the right tip would come in. As of today, that strategy has not worked out either.

And that has left people like myself wondering if today is the day so tomorrow does not have to be.
Great points and questions. I personally think they have much, much more information than we do and wouldn’t need the tip from Colorado because they know their man. They need the person they are talking to in press conferences to come forward. But at this point all we have are our own opinions. :)

I’ll reference the case I’ve referenced before. The killers wife saw his muddy boots and wondered why her husband had been home when he was supposed to be at work. If there was a cry from LE for someone to come forward with info would she have? They lived an hour away. Very cliff note version but same concept.

I am not being defensive, just explaining how I found the sketch so you can examine them all yourself. Google Delphi murders PC sketch and loads come up. I have just taken one article and posted it.

You seemed to be insinuating it had been inserted deliberately, which is clearly untrue as it is a press photo of the picture on the day of the actual press conference. It was not something I doctored and posted.

I wasn't insinuating anything. I only saw it on the ISP site when I zoomed in.

Ohhh I'm intrigued! What makes you think that it's not necessarily the one on the camera when that is what LE says?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708