Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #116

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheVisual

TheVisual Well-Known Member

These were posts at the end to keep vehicles/atv's from coming on the bridge.

2. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

The truth is, we don't know the reason why the girls were killed. So I can with equal possibility assume he was an SK, had a personal relationship with one of the girls and targeted her for personal reasons, was power-obsessed misogynist, or, sadly, had more prosaic reason to remove one of the girls as she accidentally became privy to someone else's secret that was threatening his reputation, integrity, and even freedom. If the perpetrator was an adult who had money and opportunity, but not a career criminal, then it would have been easier to hire someone to do the job than go to that bridge himself.

As to the screening process, I don't know who is involved. Does the LE have the manpower to use only policemen for the tip line, do they contract people, or use trusted volunteers? I assume that with the amount of the tips, to man the lines with only police department officers is humanely impossible.

I don't know if the DNA was thrown away, all I know that broken chain of custody means this DNA can't be used in court. Can a chain of custody technically be broken if this DNA was handled by a person who is now under suspicion? I think so.

All I heard was that for two years, the investigation was down the wrong path. That they were intentionally misled. Who misled them? Some outsider they trusted? Possible. One of their own? Not improbable. Someone they trusted.

ACE422, JDough, Blue Amethyst and 3 others like this.
  3. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Well-Known Member

Woo-boy. That doesn't look anything like the posts/fence across the end of the bridge we've seen in other photos.

Thank you for posting this.

4. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Well-Known Member

Wow, you caught my attention with this guy. I agree about the resemblance to NBG.

But blue eyes???? Aargh.

Thank you for posting this.

5. sleuther0192837465

sleuther0192837465 Stand up for what is right even if you stand alone

IIRC
    FBI Poster says Eye Color: Unknown
    MOO

6. sleuther0192837465

Intriguing!! MOO

7. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

I don't think LE ever stated that they were deliberately misled. Whatever erroneous assumptions they made may well have been based on honest mistakes.

JDough, JnRyan, Blue Amethyst and 3 others like this.
  8. Falling Down

Falling Down Well-Known Member

Could be that's why both bits of info were brought up in the presser, plus the "Guys" part of the audio was released to help tie some the information together.

JMO

9. Falling Down

Falling Down Well-Known Member

I agree with your post FromGermany.

BG is like a daylight phantom, and strikes in secluded places. Able to
    slip in and out without raising much suspicion. He may have attempted similar crimes or even been successful before, but this time all the variables that had to work in his favor, did, and he murdered two juveniles.

I'm of the opinion he'll be caught, eventually. Serial killer IK murdered in secluded and even remote areas, we don't even know the names of most of his victims. He was able to murder and slip away in most of his crimes, without the notoriety and sensationalism which has happened in the Delphi case. He didn't want it, early on. Then IK changed his tactics, and got caught. He went against his own "rules", but I think too something in his mind might have been telling him to get caught, while at the same time he had to ratchet up the thrill in his killings.

BG went all-out in this case, what we know about it is frightening, and that has to be what BG is after. Scare the families. Scare the town. Scare people in Indiana and surrounding states. Scare people who like walks in the woods. Scare people all over the world paying attention to this case.

I know I was scared, and I'm about BG's size, maybe bigger. I look over my shoulder while out walking trails here in Indiana. BG has affected millions of people all over the world, and I believe that was the aftermath he desired, and he gets off on the notoriety. Yet when he strikes again, he may change his tactics some, and may even try to surpass the brazen attack he did that day.

JMO

10. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

MOO The Not Blue Eyes went with the now discarded OBG sketch.

11. somequestions

somequestions Well-Known Member

I could not understand why after 45,000 tips LE goes back to something that was created 3 days after the crime? Yet they were not confident of this 2nd sketch in February 2017? The only thing I can say for sure after seeing the released sketches is that it does not match the truck driver I saw(and tipped in numerous time). I guess we have all seen the Delphi killer at some point.

The fact of the matter is that psychologically we are not as good at paying attention as we think we are. So even if a witness saw this bridge guy suspect out on the Monon High Bridge Trail that day, they would have no reason to focus on any specific features well enough to help create a composite sketch. This often times is the problem associated with sketches created with the help of eyewitnesses. They think they are correct. But many times it is false confidence. As human beings we like to think we are good at remembering details and being correct about those details.

And this is what makes what Liberty German did that day so remarkable. Thinking that a strange person is walking towards you is a lot different than thinking that same person is going to kill you.

I will let you figure out why I think what she did is remarkable.

12. busymcmoody

busymcmoody Well-Known Member

And I think this is the issue about websleuthing - at some point the details of theories that are being discussed become "truths" in our minds and are being adopted as such. I can imagine that this is exactly why LE say it may hinder the investigation. On the other hand, it's great that we check each other and point out these details.

13. busymcmoody

busymcmoody Well-Known Member

SBM
    Those spidey senses must have kicked in big time. Something must have triggered those. I'm not sure I would have had the wherewithal. Smart young lady, that one - even though the video is blurry it may jog someone's memory.

14. Torch Carrier

Torch Carrier Well-Known Member

Very well put!

SeattleStew and Imvp2 like this.
  15. somequestions

somequestions Well-Known Member

It did.

Charlot123 likes this.
  16. sleuther0192837465

Yes & with it more confusion:confused: Which this case seems to be wrought with. MOO

17. Charlot123

18. distracted

distracted Well-Known Member

Oh boy. I commend him for answering the questions but the answers were...well, there are really no words, especially with regard to the reasons given for calling off the search and his reasoning for telling the community they weren't in danger.

ETA: I've come up with a word...mind-boggling.

19. Charlot123

This is an old article about establishing alibis. March of 2017. Maybe somewhere during that time, an alibi was provided that doesn't seem to hold water now?
    They also mention a command of investigators manning the tip line.

Police corroborating alibis given in Delphi killings

20. FromGermany

FromGermany Well-Known Member

IF the BG is on a mission for a "respected" and "alarming" thrill-kill, which will shake the whole state (and even other states) and will cause "Breaking News" in the media, then my question is:
    What does he have of it, if he will never be caught? Nobody will ever know, who this self-styled "mastermind" is. That has to make him feeling unsatisfied in the long run. No reports about his brilliant photographic knowledge of areas, no reports of his brilliant different disguises, no reports of his brilliant escape routes (because all this is at least partly unknown, as long as he isn't caught and doesn't confess). Then WHY does he kill, fGs? Only in order to vent for the moment? A completely senseless, nasty mission, IF it is a mission. MOO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.