Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #116

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FromGermany

FromGermany Well-Known Member

Yes, since you asked! ;)

2. tresir2012

tresir2012 Oh! What a tangled web we weave....

At that time they wanted info on all vehicles. It is my opinion they have the vehicle info from then but discounted it for some reason. Two years later they have realised their mistake.

3. busymcmoody

busymcmoody Well-Known Member

This is why some individuals start bragging about their "achievements" so there is hope that he told (or will tell) somebody.

Blue Amethyst and FromGermany like this.
  4. bradfordsleuth

bradfordsleuth Well-Known Member

Just a note to add:

This article came out right after R.L.'s home was searched and he was taken into custody for violating his probation.

JMO

5. tresir2012

It could have been mistakes made. The article I quote later on shows they did screen for possible mistakes. They weren't all LEO officers manning the tip line initially. They were volunteers. Also there have been LEO's convicted of serious offences from both CaCo and neighbouring counties since the murders. There is always room for doubt IMO.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  6. tresir2012

LE addressed this early on and said the shadows were posts at the end to prevent vehicles going on the bridge. So presumably they have checked this out IMO.

7. tresir2012

Interesting. Have wondered if it had anything to do with that as well.
    JMO.

From the article in Charlot's link-

"Leazenby echoed reports that police might have unknowingly interviewed the girls' killer, which is another reason police are doubling back on the alibis that fall short of the mark."

"Riley gave a glimpse into the organization of this investigation.

For example, a team of investigators pore over the leads from the phone tip line — 844-459-5786 — and the email tip address — abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com. This team discards tips that already have been cleared and assigns investigators to follow up on new leads, Riley said.

Those investigators file reports after interviewing people, Riley said. Those reports, in turn, are read by other investigators, who often suggest there might be holes, omissions, lies or unasked questions. This sends the investigators back into the field for followup and more reports."

"This team discards tips that have already been cleared " concerns me a bit. A tip with new info could be discarded if the perp had been cleared by alibi perhaps.

8. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Well-Known Member

@Rossymom Thank you so much for this. I went ahead and started a thread for this case in "Crimes in the News". Under William Smith or search Dugger, Indiana.

Iowa - Dugger County William Smith Arrested for Battery/Strangulation of Two 17 y.o. Females

9. tresir2012

1. Yes.
    2. No
    3. Not sure but it was between ISP who denied the Amber alert and CaCo Sheriff I believe.

MOO.

Lore Listener, bowler and stattlich1 like this.
  10. tresir2012

I believe this was one of the similarities with the Watson murder. He was placed in a shallow hole in the ground and covered in twigs and leaves. MOO.

Lore Listener and SeattleStew like this.
  11. tresir2012

Poster says he turned himself in. He was also bailed Tuesday.

12. sleuther0192837465

sleuther0192837465 Stand up for what is right even if you stand alone

I think that’s bs...IMO those crimes are pretty freakin serious...he should not be out of jail! The victims are children SMH

JDough, jjevans, TL4S and 7 others like this.
  13. Torch Carrier

Torch Carrier Well-Known Member

Just thought of something-

Perhaps someone in LE took down info re: someone's alibi (was at work, for example) but didn't actually follow through on the steps required to confirm said alibi, because it was a well-known good ol' boy community member or even a friend of his.

At the time, he wouldn't in a million years doubt this guy's alibi ... but now, ... it's looking like this guy may be involved ... and oops! Crap! No, sorry, I signed off on it but never actually checked it out, just thought, you know, there was no need to, I mean, who would ever think- nah, it CAN'T be him...

14. Torch Carrier

Or maybe the big goof up was LE calling off the search that first night (and not cordoning off a marked perimeter, not taking sesrchers' names, perhaps) ... now seen as a major and irreversible blunder as the crime scene was as a result compromised ... ?

15. Torch Carrier

I know these are not new thoughts I'm posting, just pointing these ideas out as they may lead us to some revelation... or not. :cool: For Libby & Abby- Today Should Be THE Day.

16. stattlich1

stattlich1 Well-Known Member

Hence, my sniffin' of a rat.

Am I to REALLY believe that circa 2017, 2 girls missing, last known place they were was at that bridge, and LE fails to secure the perimeter, leaving the search through the wee hours of the night to volunteers? Seriously???

mjp1228, MJPeony, Suthrnqt and 10 others like this.
  17. Kudzuu

Kudzuu Well-Known Member

I wonder who actually found them. If it were a lone male, possibly BG returning to the scene, he knows the girls and that explains his DNA being at the crime scene. He could have possibly had time to stage the scene as well.

The shoe throws me though. It was found on the road? I've also heard it was in the mud by the creek. How did Libby lose one shoe? My opinion only.

18. bowler

bowler Well-Known Member

A mix of peeps looking around, not an organized search per say, no foul play suspected and here we sit... :( moo

19. flashy09

flashy09 Well-Known Member

That's one detail that always haunts me a bit. I think it shows signs of a struggle, which as been alluded to with Libby especially. If he tackled to her the ground and she made a run for it, I can see him reaching out for her foot.

I also think it's very possible BG came back to search at night and went back to the crime scene to bury the girls. Maybe the bodies together is not so much staging, but just trying to make his "cover up" job easier and quicker so he could slip out ASAP.

20. Lore Listener

Lore Listener So many crimes, so little time

We in the domestic violence field know that non-fatal strangulation is one of the most reliable risk predictors of an abuser killing his victim. We take it so seriously that we passed legislation in my state bumping non-fatal strangulation up to a felony. This is a dangerous, dangerous dude capable of killing young girls.
    Non-fatal strangulation is an important risk factor for homicide of women

Rachel Louise Snyder's "No Visible Bruises" goes into this in great detail. An excellent long form journalism that dispels many common DV myths and misunderstandings while also being a true crime page-turner:
    https://amzn.to/2qSZ4o5

JDough, somequestions, TL4S and 12 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.