Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #116

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southernswede

southernswede Active Member

TY!!

2. Falling Down

Falling Down Well-Known Member

Early on YouTube user JM went to the bridge and took some great videos, one shows what the general area of the CS looks like from the south side of Deer Creek, right by where the crossing would have happened.

At 1:10 the crime scene tape is visible, probably 150 feet of or so from where JM was standing. Even in early March it's hard to see back into the woods:

NoSI, Krissey, DancingMuse and 15 others like this.
  3. kc1023

kc1023 Well-Known Member

LE in this case sort of did the opposite MOO. They said something along the lines of if in the course of investigating tips they found other crimes they were making arrests. I did a quick search but couldn't find it but I'm sure some posters know what I'm talking about and can probably find it. I'll keep looking, too.

4. puppyraiser

puppyraiser Well-Known Member

I have always wondered the same thing. At some point they had to be visible at least crossing the creek, if not from the bridge then from an area on the trails. There should have been some type of noise. Maybe people had ear buds in or were focused on looking at the railroad ties as they crossed the bridge and didn't notice movement off to their left/right?

Or they didn't cross the creek during that tight time frame.

5. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

You bring up a scary point. NBG sketch witness could be a kid. I pray that's not so.

6. sunshineray

I think it might be just as simple as someone who knew the kids were off and figured while the unusually warmer weather was no heat wave, some kids might go to the trails that day, at the hottest Sun-time of the day. Or the killer knew through social media that these girls would be there. Two ahead of time known random targets or really known by the killer targets.

7. sleuther0192837465

sleuther0192837465 Stand up for what is right even if you stand alone

Thank you for posting that. I thought I had seen them all until now. Very sad for these girls & their loved ones :(
    MOO...

NoSI, DancingMuse, JDough and 3 others like this.
  8. sleuther0192837465

sleuther0192837465 Stand up for what is right even if you stand alone

I think this might be what you are looking for:

Police give a vague glimpse into Delphi investigation

“If we come across a suspect and/or witness — or anybody — during this investigation, and we find out they’re wanted on a warrant for some other activity that has nothing to do with the double homicide, we can’t turn a blind eye to that. So we’ve made arrests,” he said.

9. sunshineray

And Libby was wearing a bright colored tye dyed shirt. I would think that could be spotted with the eyes from up top that high bridge for quite a distance when the woods were bare.

10. sunshineray

Yes I remember that article.

11. Kudzuu

Kudzuu Well-Known Member

12. JenniD

JenniD Well-Known Member

Today as I had some free time and once again baffled by this crime I started to do a little snooping around on the web. I have had my poi person for a long time but just recently came up with a 2nd person who might also be a poi of mine. Had no idea until a few minutes ago that these two not only know each other, but attended same college, participated in same extracurricular activities. So without going into detail I speculated that maybe they were both at the trails that day and were observed doing something that would essentially ruin both of their careers if exposed. This is pure speculation on my part but sure opens me up to more than one suspect
    Just speaking my own thoughts out loud. MOO

13. zoricaj1

zoricaj1 Well-Known Member

can you post what video you are talking about? or pm me? i typed that into youtube and nothing came up but 1 minivan traveler video

14. JnRyan

JnRyan Well-Known Member

Yes, a very big possibility.

DancingMuse and ScumbagTrav like this.
  15. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

College - yes.
    Maybe locally (Purdue), maybe somewhere else - MI, WI or farther

16. No it's not

No it's not that simple

Regarding "The Shack".. what peaked my interest is how Mackenzie (Philips) has suffered during childhood under his abusive father and how he eventually poisoned him, when he was only 13 years old! A murderer (justified..?) searching for his daughter's murderer..

ALL IMO

-Nin

17. JDough

JDough Well-Known Member

I came across an article (linked below) that has some great information about potential personality traits BG may have. This is one area I have been concentrating on- attempting to understand what kind of person BG is. What makes him tick? What would cause him to commit such a horrendous crime? How does he live his daily life- what might be a red flag to others? What is he thinking/doing to avoid detection and arrest?

What are the characteristics of the anti-social personality, and what are two other names for it?

The antisocial personality goes by two other names as well: the psychopath or sociopath. The syndrome is remarkably consistent and often inspires a shock of recognition in students, because this type of person is intelligent, not superficially crazy, and exists on college campuses among other places.

Author lists these characteristics of psychopaths:
    1. Superficial charm and good intelligence
    2. Poise, rationality, absence of neurotic anxiety
    3. Lack of sense of personal responsibility
    4. Untruthfulness, insincerity, callousness, manipulativeness
    5. Antisocial behavior without regret or shame
    6. Poor judgment and failure to learn from experience
    7. Incapacity to establish lasting, close relationships with others
    8. Lack of insight into his or her own personal motivations

[...] they are often good readers of other people, adept at exploitation. They excuse and rationalize their own behavior, putting the blame for their problems on other people.

A sociopath lacks empathy and shows no real regrets over hurting people or breaking rules. Apologies come almost too readily because they are totally insincere, a means of minimizing the consequences of being caught rather than expressing remorse. [...]

Primary symptoms of the antisocial personality are amorality (lack of ethical standards and consistent moral judgment) and impulsiveness. [...]

Additional info at link! ;)

The Antisocial Personality | in Chapter 12: Abnormal Psychology

*Mods please note: I have done my best not to go over the 10% rule with some highlights. (In the event someone may not be able to access the website)! :D My sincere apologies if I have gone over a little.

crhedBngr, NoSI, StarrChance and 5 others like this.
  18. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

I just thought, who could be a serial predator, know many places, live at many places, all over the country, kill several times, and none the wiser?

The former army brat.

Imagine Eric Harris graduating, being rejected by the Marines, and going the SK’s way. How would it look like?

Eric would travel to places where his dad used to be stationed, kill there, and return to Littlejohn, where he’d attend a local community college (absences easier unnoticed than in a private college). The murders would have no logical geographical connection, because who would link all these bases his dad used to be stationed at?

Also, the military are one group of people who may be not local at all and yet accepted without suspicion, because it is in the people’s mentality, thank you for your service. Furthermore, if the family moves, it, too, might be unnoticed.

So if we are thinking of a kid who attended school in Delphi (of Eric’s type, pretty and nice, but unnoticed because he was a new kid on the block), and then moved away, and was unnoticed, and whom no one can remember. I’d ask if there was an army brat attending Delphi school once upon a time. Such a person should be on the other end of the age spectrum, closer to 35. And check where he moved after that, and if there were any murders/disappearances there.

I am not a local, but just an idea.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  19. ScumbagTrav

ScumbagTrav Well-Known Member

Id never seen thag before. Thanks for sharing

NoSI and DancingMuse like this.
  20. ScumbagTrav

ScumbagTrav Well-Known Member

You gotta search for sins of the father Delphi. But dont waste your time. Its just some crappy slideshow...from that weird guy Dexter on Twitter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.