Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #117

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that people believe in what they think. They engage in what I call the possibility complex.

An example would be me writing a theory that suggest the killer is a skier from Wyoming who used a puppy to lure the girls. I think he was wearing ski shoes and had on a ski hat and certain enhancements I have seen online suggest he may have had a puppy in his coat. <--I do not actually believe this theory. It is just an example.

Then when people reply to either disagree or tell me I am wrong I can respond, "But it is a possibility. How can you suggest it is not a possibility?" To a certain extent on such a forum people will engage in these types of discussions because they do not have the same information to work with as LE. I have put out wild speculative theories too.

It is the same thing with the opinion of the law enforcement investigation. LE has not found the suspect so now we go out on a huge tangent to suggest they know who it is that killed Abby and Libby, but are waiting to make an arrest because they do not have enough evidence?

Huh? What?

But it is a possibility, although in my opinion, not a very good one.

And that is how the possibility complex goes. After enough time passes, all you are left with are the many different possibilities. And the case fades away unresolved.
Opinions are generally all we can put forward on here. If we knew what happened, it would be solved, clearly.

That movement would show up forensically in the bodies if they were returned dead to the area.

If they were alive when he returned them, and then killed their time of death would not match their disappearance at 2:30-3:30.
Yes, there is that and didn't LE say they were killed within minutes or something like that? I am just wondering why LE were interested in Etter.

Yes, there is that and didn't LE say they were killed within minutes or something like that? I am just wondering why LE were interested in Etter.

Etter was a good suspect. I am sorry it wasn't that simple.

Watching the video of BG again, I truly still believe his gait is because he has something long and solid in each pant leg.
The other thing O did notice for the first time was the “flash” or bright light that appears during the video. I wonder if the phone taking the video took a photo with flash while videoing.

Why have police not found man who teens filmed before their murder?

This is an article from Sept 2019. It mentions the girls being found side by side and covered in undergrowth.

"Their bodies were hidden in the undergrowth on a remote hiking trail near their hometown of Delphi, Indiana, in the American Midwest.

They had been placed alongside one another, and although police have not released any details of the cause of death, it was clear they had been murdered.

Abby and Libby’s deaths reverberated through the small town, because it was unlikely that anyone other than a local would have known about the track the girls were walking on that day."

I posted this on the last thread and also in the media thread on Nov 19th.

The fact they were side by side and covered in undergrowth indicates to me they were placed there after death. MOO.

ETA the article mentions there is a Twitter feed, a website and a Facebook set up by the Family. Are we allowed to post those links on here as they are for the victims?
Bumping this post forward.

This is the article @tresir2012 is referring to.

A couple of thing that makes me wonder about this is the fact LE have requested the autopsy and DNA of Etter. As you know, the woman he abducted and raped, in his shed, he subsequently took back to her vehicle. This is one reason I am still thinking "shed" and being abducted then returned. Then the searches at the property owner's premises and the BBR premises appeared to include the properties and outbuildings. Why would they have conducted those two extensive searches early on, as they did, if the creek area was the only crime scene? MOO.

Looking for a murder weapon. This no doubt was why they searched the creek using metal detectors amongst other things.

it doesn't say anything about being decapitated
I believe that @tresir2012 was basing his statement from this information contained within the article....

"The absence of information has been filled by conspiracy and speculation – some horrific, with online theories suggesting that the girls were decapitated, that family members were in on it, or that the girls were abducted and are still alive."

ETA link

Last edited:
Also, if you look at the one pic of girl walking on the bridge, you will notice clouds in the sky, contrary to the photo with BG, there are none. Maybe camera angle but to me, it may have been some time between pics. Obviously LE knows what the time sequence of pics are but I just noticed this.

“Directly to the killer, who may be in this room: We believe you’re hiding in plain sight. We’ve likely interviewed you or someone close to you,” said Indiana State Police superintendent Doug Carter, his voice cracking.

“The conviction in Doug’s face was intense,” recalls Anna. “You could have heard a pin drop. You could feel the tension, it was chilling. I have to have confidence that the police are doing their job.

"They are all working for us. Hopefully they know who it is, but they haven’t got the evidence yet to make an arrest.

“Knowing that it might be someone in the community makes you look at people all the time. Sometimes I pass someone, and my hair stands up. It’s strange.

"But if the person is here in a community of less than 5,000 people, how the hell haven’t we figured out who it is yet?”

29 Sep 2019

This is an article from Sept 2019. It mentions the girls being found side by side and covered in undergrowth.

"Their bodies were hidden in the undergrowth on a remote hiking trail near their hometown of Delphi, Indiana, in the American Midwest.

They had been placed alongside one another, and although police have not released any details of the cause of death, it was clear they had been murdered.

If this is true, it makes me wonder if this killer took a photo as a 'souvenir'. If so, I also wonder how practical it is for LE to obtain phone numbers that pinged off the nearby towers between noon and 4:00 PM.

Wow! Wondering what that "more evidence" might be.

More video and or photos of BG? What else could it be? And, if they've already released a snippet of voice, and vid, of the suspect, what other evidence could be on that phone that would compromise any future trial?

Also, if there is truth to the girls referencing "that guy" on the recording, then it would diminish my belief that they may have known him, unless he was disguised in some manner.

hmmmmmm.
I think the “more evidence” on the video could be the weapon he pulled out to get them to comply. Something they wouldn’t want the public to see or know about.

We might not be able to rule out uncooperative witnesses (or even accessories after the fact), but we can absolutely rule out the possibility of a second perp.

As we don't know what evidence LE has, on what basis do you make this statement.

I'm not aware of anyone here suggesting that there was more than one killer, only that there may have been two people involved in the crime, the killer and perhaps someone who forced the girls down the hill and/or assisted him leaving the crime scene.

A couple of thing that makes me wonder about this is the fact LE have requested the autopsy and DNA of Etter. As you know, the woman he abducted and raped, in his shed, he subsequently took back to her vehicle. This is one reason I am still thinking "shed" and being abducted then returned. Then the searches at the property owner's premises and the BBR premises appeared to include the properties and outbuildings. Why would they have conducted those two extensive searches early on, as they did, if the creek area was the only crime scene? MOO.
It would be a good place to stash or change clothing. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member