Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #118

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

I think he wore gloves.
    MOO I don't think she was still alive when the phone rang.
    But he knew it was time to go then.

2. Peppery

Peppery Well-Known Member

The thing is, that would be like someone asking you if you heard a gunshot yesterday or two days ago around 3pm. Personally, I was doing so much running around I have no idea where I was at 3pm. We occasionally hear gunshots near my home (lots of hunting land) but I couldn’t tell you if I heard one yesterday or the day before.

kc1023, MJPeony, Brubon and 1 other person like this.
  3. Peppery

Peppery Well-Known Member

Definitely gloves. and either hat or hoodie to reduce the hair left at the scene. NOT discussing if he was wearing that in the photos!

4. ShHolmz

ShHolmz Well-Known Member

hoof print?
    IMO. It may be too large but it is very round

Blue Amethyst and Charlot123 like this.
  5. Falling Down

Falling Down Well-Known Member

Agree on all points.

I think LE has had missteps going back to the early days of the investigation.

jjevans, BNA, PezCandy and 3 others like this.
  6. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

Video
    Police searching home, property Delphi man (Fri noon report)

Jun 12, 2018
    Video / RTV6 The Indy Channel
    Mother of murdered Delphi teen hosts ride to raise money for Libby & Abby's memorial park

April 22, 2019
    RTV6 / The Indy Channel / Video
    Supt. Carter's message to the Delphi killer

May 15, 2019
    RTV6 The Indy Channel /Video
    ISP: We're 'one tip away' from solving Delphi murders

May 16, 2019
    WISH TV / Video

ISP Superintendent Doug Carter talks Delphi murder investigation

June 26, 2019
    WTHR / Video

7. Evinrude

Evinrude Well-Known Member

Did any of us fellow sleuthers ever establish a time window that crime may have been commited?

8. margarita25

May 16, 2019

WIBC
    ISP Superintendent to WISH on Delphi Murders: "We Just Can't Show Our Hand"

"I think if he wasn't in the room, he was close by. I'm 100% convinced he was watching," Carter said.

Sander asked Carter why the video of the man seen moving in the video wasn't released sooner.

"We'll be able to tell you one day what we know and why we didn't release it. We don't want to show our hand. We don't want to show the complete picture of what we know versus what we think," Carter said.

Sander later asked Carter why the public doesn't know how the girls died.

"Because only the killer knows that and so do we. But remember, while people starve for information, particularly for sensationalized events like this, we can't show our hand. We just can't," Carter said.”

9. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

Does their withholding of the cause of death suggest that there was something atypical about it? Most victims of sexual homicide are strangled. BG strikes me as coldly efficient and detached. I don't think he would have taken the time to use his hands. Did some people think the white thing sticking out of his jacket was a rope? He could have also brought zip ties or plastic bags or used the victims' own clothing.

10. margarita25

(Marking to respond, knee deep in timeline 14 atm)

FromGermany and PezCandy like this.
  11. cryssyx3

cryssyx3 Active Member

aren't those links already in a thread?

12. JDough

JDough Well-Known Member

The following statement from the link above is very interesting......

"I think if he wasn't in the room, he was close by. I'm 100% convinced he was watching," Carter said.

Hmmmm...... close by as possibly from the county jail, or close by as in watching the live PC from a local restaurant, home, or office because he found out everyone attending must sign-in?

This statement has always made me wonder if LE really knows who BG is. If LE had already identified him (at time of PC), Carter wouldn't have to make assumptions about whether BG was in the room or not. He would know.

13. JDough

JDough Well-Known Member

They are! :) @margarita25 is organizing them by date and MSM for us. (In addition to bringing them all forward again). I know I have completely forgotten some of the information from early on, and this has been a great refresher for me. Definitely makes searching for a article/link SO much easier!

Thank you, Margarita! Your hard work is appreciated!:D

14. Falling Down

Falling Down Well-Known Member

From @margarita25 's post:

He does kind of a word jumble here. LE keep falling back on a meme of "we don't want to show our hand", something along those lines. My translation of the above quote by Carter is they really don't have much to go on, regarding the events leading up to the deaths of the girls, evidence, etc.

IMO he didn't answer the question about releasing the video and audio early on, I think that means they really don't have much evidence in the case.

JMO

15. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

BBM

"Short of a confession, there can be no hiding if an identity hasn't been revealed."

Maybe the identity should only be known to certain LE investigators right now. Can you imagine the free-for-all that would happen on SM and in this small town and surrounding communities if LE's prime suspect, who they can't charge yet, were to be named or even specific specific ally hinted at by LE right now?

So yes, I think the killer can be hiding within the community, just as LE has sstated. JMO

16. sunshineray

I take it to mean "DNA testing research" as what it says, research not just plain testing. That means they must have a sample they are trying to track and/or link. The Sheriff went on to say:

"The Sheriff told Radar that the Golden State Killer arrest was influential in their investigation. “We are very much looking into that as a way to move this case forward,” he explained. “We are doing DNA testing research. With 23 and Me and the other places that do it, that is something that has been discussed.”

This says to me the same DNA family research done in the GSK was also being tried in the Delphi case. Again, they would have to have some recovered DNA to do such research.

carbuff likes this.
  17. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

Yes thanks Peppery.
    Not certain it is Leazenby, though MOO this man has a mustache and looks like him to me.
    Also "footprint" is of course my opinion only. For me it is about the placement of it, I see a ridge right where a man would put his foot to push off up the embankment.
    I see what looks like a boot print

ShHolmz, Peppery, sunsetbeach and 2 others like this.
  18. sunshineray

"We'll be able to tell you one day what we know and why we didn't release it. We don't want to show our hand. We don't want to show the complete picture of what we know versus what we think," Carter said.

BBM
    Meaning what we can or cannot prove in a court of law. IMO

19. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

MOO I think they would remember if girls were missing that same day. The hikers on their way to the bridge would remember gun shots up ahead in the trail.
    Someone was home at one of the homes on the South side - I think they would remember gun shots from the creek.
    Gunfire is fairly common, but MOO still memorable especially if asked about soon after or there was a murder nearby.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  20. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

This is great info, can you post link to the article. I don't recall him being so specific, but must have missed it.

kkdj and sunshineray like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.