Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #118

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

If you go to thread 1 post 1 of this case, it says that according to the information received by friends and families, foul play not suspected.

I wonder what exactly f@f said to the police.

catastrophe_, Imvp2, PezCandy and 2 others like this.

2. Justice101

Justice101 Well-Known Member

That's what I've always thought. That he went back across and waited for them. That makes sense in they would also have to go "down the hill" and that way BG new there was nobody on the SE side of the bridge and he could look back to the NW and see nobody new was coming down the trail. The three of them crossing the creek in February (even though the creek was low) just doesn't add up to me for someone cleverly planning this.

3. Charlot123

deleted by me

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
  4. Charlot123

Boxer, is there a group that wears white neckerchiefs as the part of uniform? What do Boy Scouts wear, they have something like a shawl, I forgot the color. How about Girl Scouts?

Having grown up in a country that does not exist...well we had something like BS, young pioneers, and we wore triangular neckerchiefs, only they were red. His looks like part of the same uniform, but white. What group wears them?

ETA: he wore something like this, the white one

Toby Chef Neckerchief

catastrophe_ and Boxer like this.
  5. JnRyan

JnRyan Well-Known Member

The only organization I can think of with a white scarf as part of a uniform is the US Navy. Worn with bridge coats or peacoats. But I usually keep some items in my car like lined leather gloves, hoodie, watch cap AND a white scarf.

Charlot123 likes this.
  6. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

That's a good observation. Navy uniform. I could see a white scarf once part of someones uniform floating around in a car or be someones elses there for extra warmth if needed.

sunshineray and Charlot123 like this.
  7. tresir2012

tresir2012 Former Member

Not sure who you mean by CJ.

8. KyDistiller

KyDistiller New Member

First time posting here. Could the white item we see be a sash instead of a handkerchief?

Order of the arrow sash?

Charlot123 likes this.
  9. TheVisual

TheVisual Well-Known Member

Very young preacher.

x_files, Charlot123 and Falling Down like this.
  10. Torch Carrier

Torch Carrier Well-Known Member

Possibly BG used tools on the girls in such a way that it revealed to LE that the tools used or the cuts made (IF cuts made) were those commonly used/made by hunters or fishermen. (Or butchers? I know. :(.... )

Fizzle and JDough like this.
  11. Torch Carrier

I have often thought this too... and I clearly recall LE saying waaaay back they at first they did not realize it was a crime scene (sadly no link) so I have oft wondered if girls were hung or up in trees somehow.
    AFAIK (not a hunter myself) some hunters do like to hang stuff from trees (animal hides, antlers, deer heads or whatever) but I can't imagine BG had much time. Yeah, "looked up" and saw them. Makes me wonder.

catastrophe_, Charlot123 and carbuff like this.
  12. Torch Carrier

It was "looked UP and saw the girls" ... for sure.

13. Torch Carrier

Lots of great YouTube stuff out in recent days... true crime investigates... harvey carroll... surely others I have not heard of... glad to hear talk that some upcoming may have video of and/or info on that shack in the woods (middle of woods by the crime scene) as I hope to learn more about that.

Charlot123 and Rural_PC like this.
  14. Torch Carrier

WELCOME KYDISTILLER!!!!! :):):):):)

KyDistiller likes this.
  15. TheVisual

TheVisual Well-Known Member

Yes, look up his history!

Charlot123, 303gmf and BNA like this.
  16. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

It's hard to discuss this possibility without getting too graphic for the thread...

But it might have just meant the searchers approached from downhill, near the stream, and were looking uphill, where the deer happened to be walking past the bodies.

17. tresir2012

tresir2012 Former Member

Oh yeah I remember now. Thanks. :)

18. stattlich1

stattlich1 Well-Known Member

MOO, speculation on my part. Pure speculation.

I believe there to be two perps involved, possibly only one actual murderer, but two, or more, involved.

-LE knows who the killer(s) are.
    -The killer(s) are from Delphi.
    -The killer(s) know the bridge area extremely well.
    -The killer(s) are still hiding in plain sight.
    -The killer(s) had planned the murders and were able to contaminate the scene such that
    definitive proof has yet to be established OR
    -LE is confounded as to which one of the evil demons actually murdered the girls. (I think this may be the issue, in terms of an impending trial.)
    -This is NOT a cold case.

As far as the crime scene, it appears there was something unusual about it. My guess is
    1. Items left at the scene that were bizarre.
    2. the girls' bodies arranged in some sick, twisted fashion.
    3. The girls bodies violated in such manner as I wish not to discuss.
    4. A combination of all these.

I am convinced LE knows who did this. It would be nearly impossible to convince me otherwise, though I would surely entertain the argument :)

MOO

watcher9, kc1023 and chasing.halos like this.
  19. Awsi Dooger

Awsi Dooger Well-Known Member

I've been trying to rationalize the current 8 month radio silence as a positive. It certainly is preferable to Doug Carter issuing confusing and contradictory statements every few months. There is frequent DNA discussion on Reddit, apparently moreso than here. Yesterday in a thread there a poster very well versed in genealogical DNA was talking about 5th cousins and how long it would take to piece together toward the suspect, if that's all you had. The high profile cases that have been solved by this method have been very fortunate, with close enough proximity like 3rd cousins or nearer.

I thought I remembered reading something that broke down each category by how much backfitting it required. I found that link today:

Most People of European Ancestry Can Be Identified From a Relative’s DNA

This is the key paragraph:

“A second-cousin match is the sweet spot where it’s easy,” says Kennett, whereas a fourth-cousin match might take “thousands and thousands of hours’ work.” Identifying someone through a single third-cousin match is somewhere in the middle: It’s not trivial, but it’s very much possible."

I hope that's what is going on in this case behind the scenes...a painstaking 4th cousin family tree build. It's not likely, but IMO that is by far the best hope. In reading about every solved case via genealogical DNA the aspect that stands out is how frequently the term 3rd cousin is used. For more than a year I've been thinking that the related software and methods have got to be improving at rapid rate, to the point the more difficult cases can be attempted. They aren't going to try that type of thing without either high profile urgency, or plenty of money, or most likely a combination of the two. Delphi would seemingly be a great candidate...IF they have sufficient DNA that likely sources from the killer.

I hope that's the case because I'm sick of arguing about the particulars. For example, on another site I received a PM indicating that the hair being drawn on Bridge Guy is intended to mirror a specific suspect. That's why they are so adamant about it...they are trying to draw their guy onto the still frame and convince law enforcement to run around in circles and react. The PMer said not all of the posters are involved in that type of specificity -- that many simply believe it is hair alone -- but the ones taking it furthest own that bias. It makes perfect sense to me because straying from probability to greatest extreme almost always involves agenda fanaticism.

I knew it had to be something like that because one of the related posts matter of factly emphasized local guy. I was thinking...what does hair alone have to do with whether or not he was local?

It does if you're not trying to make a point so much as peg a name

x_files, kodi, JDough and 1 other person like this.
  20. HEY YOU!

HEY YOU! Well-Known Member

I wonder if the DNA may be hard to trace due to an adoption or unknown actual father. As in, BG grew up thinking his 'father' was his real father but the reality is that another man impregnated his mother. Just a random thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.