Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #118

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a new podcast "Scene of the Crime" that will be released started 1/2/20 about the Delphi case. A link to the teaser is below. It sounds like they have compiled some great interviews. Some are people that we are familiar with and have heard from before but some are new.

Megaphone: A Modern Podcasting Platform by Panoply
I can't get it to play, but thanks for posting this. Sounds interesting.

We have what LE has given us, beyond that, we have speculation. How accurate can speculation be?

Anyway, MOO.

This killer (and I still believe there could be more than one person involved) appears to have arrived on the scene prepared to murder. He also appears to have had the skill set necessary to murder and leave little trace.

Who would be so knowledgeable and capable of this act, in broad daylight, in late winter, without cover of vegetation, be recorded on video, and voice, and escape undetected?

Can you learn all that by reading up on this stuff on the internet?
Would you have to have practice in destroying CS evidence, or could you get it right the first time?
Could you really disguise your self such that nobody in the region recognizes you?
Why would those girls not scream? Because they were afraid, under threat of a firearm, or were they somewhat comfortable in the situation?
Did they know the killer(s)?

Local
20's/30's
Athletic
Organized
Efficient
Detailed
Learned
Charming

A killer with a specific purpose that day, IMHO.

This case is fascinating in so many ways but the details become more confusing as time passes. For me anyway. Is it likely LE actually went back and found something of evidentiary value on a plank of the bridge where BG spat? Or more likely something like footprints were lifted from there? I wonder.
I agree, I personally see the spitting action, and I also know the intricacies of how amazing science can be so do I think they *could* have found evidentiary value on the plank - yes, I do - but do I think, from a bird's eye view, that its likely that they did - no, I guess I really don't. Perhaps it was just a footprint (though I'm not so sure how helpful a footprint found on a walking bridge really would be to the case either).

I took a look at the video of BG that is posted on the sheriff office facebook page. It is the only video they have posted. It seems different to me...particularly the head movement.

Also a cryptic (or I should say ominous?) note posted by somebody friended there.
I do still see the spitting, though you're right I felt like I remembered it much more apparent than it appears in this. What got me though was the right foot, something at the end seems unnatural about it. Also, its never popped into my head while watching before, but for some reason BG seems drunk in my opinion when I watch this clip?? Though LE did ask us not to focus on the gait because of the precarious planks...

I am having difficulty understanding how anyone in the public can make claims about this individual's personality based on such a short clip. The perpetrator is taking 2 steps on a loop. There is no evidence he is drunk or on drugs. No evidence he is handicapped or has a limp. The clip is too short.

This is a video that shows the ground area. I am not making claims that the people in the video are conducting valid experiments. I just personally find videos showing the area interesting until I am able to drive up there and explore it a bit myself.

I do still see the spitting, though you're right I felt like I remembered it much more apparent than it appears in this. What got me though was the right foot, something at the end seems unnatural about it. Also, its never popped into my head while watching before, but for some reason BG seems drunk in my opinion when I watch this clip?? Though LE did ask us not to focus on the gait because of the precarious planks...
At first, I thought the spitting thing was just another "puppy in his jacket" idea but after I watched this clip, I'm relatively sure that's what he's doing (I loathe spitters). That's the only thing I see that was new in that second video release. Didn't LE say to pay attention to his mannerisms?

Local
20's/30's
Athletic
Organized
Efficient
Detailed
Learned
Charming

A killer with a specific purpose that day, IMHO.
Snipped.

I agree with most of this, but I don't think he had to be especially athletic or charming.
-
I also disagree with those who have said he must be smart. Careful planning trumps intelligence.
-
I think he's a psychopath, and psychopaths have no anxiety, so they don't panic; therefore they make few mistakes.

Duplicate post.

If these issues with the text editor persist, I'm probably going to delete my account.

Snipped.

I agree with most of this, but I don't think he had to be especially athletic or charming.
-
I also disagree with those who have said he must be smart. Careful planning trumps intelligence.
-
I think he's a psychopath, and psychopaths have no anxiety, so they don't panic; therefore they make few mistakes.

In his classic monograph The Mask of Sanity (Cleckley, 1976), Harvey Cleckley highlighted the indicators of positive psychological functioning in psychopaths. With regard to anxiety he wrote: “those called psychopaths are very sharply characterized by the lack of anxiety (remorse, uneasy anticipation, apprehensive scrupulousness, the sense of being under stress or strain)” (Cleckley, 1976, p. 257). The empirical findings concerning psychopathy and anxiety are somewhat mixed, however (Hare, 2003, Harpur et al., 1989, Schmitt and Newman, 1999, Skeem et al., 2007). The callous and interpersonal, emotional detachment traits of psychopathy that are also sometimes linked to the label “primary psychopathy” have rather consistently been shown to be associated with lower levels of anxiety, compared to the impulsive and antisocial traits of psychopathy, which are more positively associated with anxiety (Frick et al., 1999, Lykken, 1957, Skeem et al., 2007, Skeem et al., 2011, Widiger, 2006).

Would it be possible to attach the photo. I'm outside USA and get denied access to the link. Thanks

I hope this ok. If not I'll delete.
58a39f292ad2c.image.jpg

In his classic monograph The Mask of Sanity (Cleckley, 1976), Harvey Cleckley highlighted the indicators of positive psychological functioning in psychopaths. With regard to anxiety he wrote: “those called psychopaths are very sharply characterized by the lack of anxiety (remorse, uneasy anticipation, apprehensive scrupulousness, the sense of being under stress or strain)” (Cleckley, 1976, p. 257). The empirical findings concerning psychopathy and anxiety are somewhat mixed, however (Hare, 2003, Harpur et al., 1989, Schmitt and Newman, 1999, Skeem et al., 2007). The callous and interpersonal, emotional detachment traits of psychopathy that are also sometimes linked to the label “primary psychopathy” have rather consistently been shown to be associated with lower levels of anxiety, compared to the impulsive and antisocial traits of psychopathy, which are more positively associated with anxiety (Frick et al., 1999, Lykken, 1957, Skeem et al., 2007, Skeem et al., 2011, Widiger, 2006).

Not sure.
They are studying the role of MAO-A in serial killers, and it seems that violence in general might be linked to slower form of MAO-A (which means, either heightened anxiety, or slower recovery from stress, or both).

I think that biologists are at the very beginning of the process. Maybe in 5 years, we shall have a better idea re. what stands behind our frequently used terms, such as “narcissistic “ or “psychopathic”, genetically.

There is a new podcast "Scene of the Crime" that will be released started 1/2/20 about the Delphi case. A link to the teaser is below. It sounds like they have compiled some great interviews. Some are people that we are familiar with and have heard from before but some are new.

Megaphone: A Modern Podcasting Platform by Panoply
The page loads well but it won't play? Anyone having that problem?

I am having difficulty understanding how anyone in the public can make claims about this individual's personality based on such a short clip. The perpetrator is taking 2 steps on a loop. There is no evidence he is drunk or on drugs. No evidence he is handicapped or has a limp. The clip is too short.

This is a video that shows the ground area. I am not making claims that the people in the video are conducting valid experiments. I just personally find videos showing the area interesting until I am able to drive up there and explore it a bit myself.

I am watching that clip over and over, and I think that maybe, the LE cut out parts of it as well.

I always assumed that BG made step one, and then step two - and during step two, he made this strange movement with his right foot, as if hitting the left shin with it. This is what I interpreted as either a tic, or OCD. It was odd.

But now I wonder if steps one and two are not sequential, it seems that some cadres are missing.

And if so, why?

And if it his not his usual gait, why would LÊ ask people to look at how he walks? “Look very carefully”, isn’t it what he said?

We have people here who posted that loop. frame by frame.
I wonder what they think.

If it appears that the perpetrator "Bridge guy" is walking oddly, it is mainly because he is trying to avoid dying while walking across the bridge. That bridge should be condemned. There are way too many weak spots, gaps, holes, etc. It is a death trap. Hopefully they will invest some money into fixing up the area along with installing more lighting and possible cameras.

Yes, but quite frankly if we are limited to discussing what we actually have evidence of then we would could only state that BG is wearing jeans and a blue jacket (even the hoodie and hat that LE has told us he IS wearing is still argued back and forth) and was walking on the MHB on the afternoon of 2/13/17 and said the words "guys" and "down the hill" on an audio clip from Libby's phone (no evidence it was even said to Abby & Libby in fact). I don't know that he was drunk anymore than we know he wasn't drunk, but just thought it was interesting that I'd never once had that thought in all the times I'd seen it but that time, it made me wonder. That's all! MOO

If it appears that the perpetrator "Bridge guy" is walking oddly, it is mainly because he is trying to avoid dying while walking across the bridge. That bridge should be condemned. There are way too many weak spots, gaps, holes, etc. It is a death trap. Hopefully they will invest some money into fixing up the area along with installing more lighting and possible cameras.

Johny, and doesn’t it mean that the bridge might be not as familiar for him as for the girls? Or maybe, it is all this stuff he is carrying on himself?

He walks pretty fast, btw. MOO.
No, that movement is not necessarily to avoid death traps of the bridge. It is something one would do “for luck”, it seems very voluntary to me.

I wonder if anyone has these 48 frames showing his legs...

MOO
I see him crossing over his left leg to his right towards Libby cutting off Abby. His right foot is already planted in the direction.
I think this is the first step running them down, the first step of the crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member