Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #120

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NameUser

NameUser That Old So and So

I would think you would investigate all ways in and out to look for any discarded clothing/Cigarettes/Gum or even shoe prints as others have mentioned. I hoped they locked down most of the entire area to be honest.

2. Pds

Pds New Member

Followed this case from afar in the UK since the start.
    Was looking forward to the Scene of the Crime podcast to get a bit more information but it is terrible to listen to. I had to check the narrator wasn't some robot software and gave up on it.
    See there is new 'Down the Hill' one which is hopefully an easier listen.

3. StarryStarryNight

StarryStarryNight Well-Known Member

My thoughts when I heard him say that was that he wanted people to look closely at BG’s body, his build, his posture, how he moves(in the video), etc. The reason for that being they could not get a decent image of his face, so folks should stop focusing on that.

4. StarryStarryNight

StarryStarryNight Well-Known Member

My thoughts when I heard him say that was that he wanted people to look closely at BG’s body, his build, his posture, how he moves(in the video), etc. The reason for that being they could not get a decent image of his face, so folks should stop focusing on that.

watcher9 and Charlot123 like this.
  5. NameUser

NameUser That Old So and So

I would think you would investigate all ways in and out to look for any discarded clothing/Cigarettes/Gum or even shoe prints as others have mentioned. I hoped they locked down most of the entire area to be honest.

I thought the very same thought. Very artificial like delivery of the podcast.

watcher9, IceIce9 and PezCandy like this.
  6. stattlich1

stattlich1 Well-Known Member

The crime scene was contaminated beyond belief. Hundreds of searchers tramping around, for hours and hours, not to mention the original search was called off in the evening and resumed the next morning.

MOO, LE knows the perps involved in this, they are uncertain who committed the actual murder, this is why we wait. I think LE is waiting for the accomplice to come forward and talk. It is the accomplice that lives in fear today, fear of the charges involved, but worse, fear of the murderer. LE knows that guy on the bridge, and they also know he is recognized by his family. MOO

7. BNA

BNA Well-Known Member

The reason that I agree with you on this is DC's stmt almost a year ago about believing that somebody had just a little bit of conscience left.

You can't make a statement like that unless you know who you are speaking of, imo.

Because, it's just a plain fact that plenty of folks have seemingly no conscience at all. And, it's just a plain fact that LE is generally aware that this is the case.

FromGermany and Charlot123 like this.
  8. sloane7777

sloane7777 Well-Known Member

I just find Lyric and Lizzie, and Libby and Abby's cases so odd when you step back they just mirror each other and both unsolved , its very odd .

9. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

Also LE may know (possibly from what the girls said on the audio or even witnesses) that BG followed them from the area of the trail head? Maybe neighbors to the trail head area saw unaccounted (later) for cars?

10. JnRyan

JnRyan Well-Known Member

I have my doubts that this is a serial killer. However, I can see the argument for a serial killer. The murder of two girls at once is very rare. I believe one former FBI agent stated there have only been about 15 cases in last 40 years or longer. So if Lyric Cook/Elizabeth Collins murders are not connected we really don't have a similar murder in recent years. But killing two girls at once may cause a serial killer to deviate from his MO and method of killing. He would likely have to kill the first girl quickly to try to minimize the other from running off, screaming or fighting him. And this would not be his usual method.

A serial killer that has killed single victims in the past or since might, for example, abduct a single victim from a home or bus stop and kill their victim(s) by strangling them. Such a method would also allow him to hide the body - something he didn't do or couldn't do with Abigail and Liberty. Without a body -i.e., simply a missing persons case - there is no autopsy to compare to this crime. If this is a serial killer I wonder if there is not a case of a missing girl or girls attributed to him, but without the body and crime scene LE can't make a connection. Furthermore, such an experienced killer may have gained confidence to the point that when the opportunity to abduct and kill Abigail and Liberty he did it quickly even though it was on public trail in daylight.

I believe this is likely a one time killing for this killer, but I can't rule out a serial killer.

11. ScumbagTrav

ScumbagTrav Well-Known Member

Just speculation...but I wonder when production of Scene of the Crime began? I suspect it was after HLN announced their podcast. I get the sense that Scene of the Crime was rushed.

watcher9 and Damarna like this.
  12. distracted

distracted Well-Known Member

I'm happy about it, too. If nothing else, it will alert people to the fact that this case is still unsolved and draw attention to the last PC, the audio released and the new sketch if they missed it.

More eyeballs is a good thing.

13. Fizzle

Fizzle Well-Known Member

much easier!

watcher9 likes this.
  14. Falling Down

Falling Down Well-Known Member

I've yet to see any indication that there was any meaningful search on RL's property, or for that matter much of the M family's parcels along the creek.

Accounts from witnesses indicate to me much of the search in the gorge that evening happened after dark, and was centered around the bridge and west of it a ways.

15. Rotten apple

Rotten apple Well-Known Member

Bummer! I just subbed to Scene and if I can’t handle the voice I literally cannot listen

16. Falling Down

Falling Down Well-Known Member

My understanding is a witness saw BG on the main trail between Freedom Bridge and the trailhead which is by the place where the girls were dropped off, IIRC at the park bench on the trail along there, and MOO is he was sitting there, there's a clear view of part of the creek and gorge west of the bridge, at that spot.

My theory is the witness was walking back to the other side of the Freedom Bridge/other side of IN 25, when they saw him. BG shortly thereafter got up and started walking towards the trailhead, and just so happened to see the girls dropped off, he could have been within mere feet of them at that point.

I believe, and have believed for a while, that the girls encountered BG at the trailhead or thereabouts, then when they saw him get on to the bridge many minutes later they became alarmed, which is why Libby started recording. They were most likely discussing their encounter with him while the recording was going on, as he was making his way across the bridge.

The theory part is pure speculation on my end, but makes sense in the grand scheme of things.

JMO

17. PezCandy

PezCandy With brave wings she flys

Does anyone know when John Walsh’s Delphi episode will be on or is it still being worked out?
    I believe that once it airs there will be a ton of more tips called in.

It’s odd that so many tips have been called in already and none (that we, the public, know of) came of them, thousands of tips. There has only been 2 ppl that I know of (won’t mention names cuz I think they were cleared, y’all know who I’m talking about tho).

also why is that person that someone posted about up thread taunting and harassing kelsi? That’s a pretty darn sick thing to do to a homicide victims sibling, if anything makes them look suspicious as all hell. Poor girl.

18. stattlich1

Find this and listen in.....

upload_2020-2-6_21-18-18.png

19. heartgoesout

heartgoesout test

You believe the crime scene was contaminated beyond belief? I don't believe it is anymore contaminated than any other case. Actually, the actual crime scene I would suspect is not contaminated at all. 100's of people did not trample on the actual crime scene.
    I agree with your thought LE knows exactly who it is. They have a surprising amount of evidence.

20. stattlich1

see above post and video for just ONE example.....quoted by LE. Yeah the crime scene was contaminated, in a major way, BIG TIME.

watcher9, PezCandy and heartgoesout like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.