Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #120

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening All, This is a portion of what I heard on the down the hill podcast chapter one concerning “1st day.”

DC:

“Oh, this intersection is tough for me... it will always be tough for me... I can close my eyes and I can see them ...I can see they came from the left side over here and laughing & joking and cutting up like two young girls do probably...

And then they turn left and everything is about to change. Man, man, if they had just turned right, and, no, not left.

Yeah, whoever it is (pause), or whoever it was, has stared at this nature reserve sign just like we are, yeah. I know that even his first day —he stood right here. Stood right here. Yeah.”

Evening All, This is a portion of what I heard on the down the hill podcast chapter one concerning “1st day.”

DC:

“Oh, this intersection is tough for me... it will always be tough for me... I can close my eyes and I can see them ...I can see they came from the left side over here and laughing & joking and cutting up like two young girls do probably...

And then they turn left and everything is about to change. Man, man, if they had just turned right, and, no, not left.

Yeah, whoever it is (pause), or whoever it was, has stared at this nature reserve sign just like we are, yeah. I know that even his first day —he stood right here. Stood right here. Yeah.”
Do you think "first day" has significance?

Do you think "first day" has significance?

My interpretation of that exchange is this....DC is referring to the first day the killer ever entered the trail, he had to have stood right there, and looked at that sign, to determine which direction to go.

I imagine one could speculate that DC is stating that the killer had been on the trail before the day of the murders, but I think he is merely stating that anyone who enters the trail for the first time, on their 'first day' ever there, would stand at that spot.

The CS was strange, peculiar in some way, BG had to know that noone was home at the property and that there was no working camera. So this must point to him directing them across the creek rather than the girls randomly running across surely? For him to know about the property he had to be local, he had to know Logan's property and how to leave the crime scene without going back across the bridge. AJMO.
I agree and do we know if LE ever interviewed RL’s son’s friends who he stated were the only other kids he had ever seen traverse that particular area successfully? That it was difficult terrain to navigate and he had never seen anyone other than his son’s friends manage it regardless of the season? This might explain how someone was both familiar with the area and knew there was no one at home that would witness the crime. Anyone know what time RL left his property for the dump that day? I always suspected he had a drinking buddy there or maybe even someone he dropped off near the trails or even left behind while he attended to the dump visit. MOO

Also is there a reason known to locals or anyone for that matter, as to why there have been no press conferences lead by a County or State Attorney Prosecutor? This would likely clear up a lot of questions and concerns we share regarding the limited information and non disclosure type investigation. I don’t mean to give LE a hard time but surely there is someone who could speak better to our needs and more importantly the needs of the victims and their families? MOO

Relatives of two teenage girls slain in northern Indiana in 2017 are holding a food drive and a pet supply donation drive to mark the three-year anniversary of their unsolved slayings.

The (Lafayette) Journal & Courier reports the donation drive will be held Thursday evening at Delphi United Methodist Church.

Relatives of teens slain in 2017 plan memorial food drive

I‘m posting this for any locals that are able to help. I have so much respect for the girl’s families helping others in their memory at at extremely difficult time.

Also is there a reason known to locals or anyone for that matter, as to why there have been no press conferences lead by a County or State Attorney Prosecutor? This would likely clear up a lot of questions and concerns we share regarding the limited information and non disclosure type investigation. I don’t mean to give LE a hard time but surely there is someone who could speak better to our needs and more importantly the needs of the victims and their families? MOO

The Carroll County Prosecutor did give a press conference in February 2019 which I don’t think was helpful at all to the case.

If he's a serial rapist, which I think is much more likely than a serial killer*, it's more than possible that his DNA is sitting on shelves in untested rape kits...

(*I think my current theory is that it was an attempted rape that got out of control...but that's this week.)
Yes, one of the thousands out there that are still untested.

The Carroll County Prosecutor did give a press conference in February 2019 which I don’t think was helpful at all to the case.

Let’s face it, none of the press conferences have been helpful in this case. In fact, nothing that LE has said or done has been helpful as evidenced by the fact that the case remains unsolved. Criminal cases are graded exclusively on pass-fail. It’s either solved or it’s not. Three years out, it’s not. Fail.

Yes, you are absolutely right. It was led by the prosecutor who took over after Robert Ives stepped down. I watched it on YouTube a few months back so it should still be out there for everyone to view.

Why would LE be interested in the autopsy and DNA of a dead rapist though?

The LE probably have some DNA. The best they could get, and I hope they are sure enough that it comes from the killer. Maybe the DNA they have can not be processed better with today’s technology; it even could be a mixed DNA sample. However, LE hope for better technology in the future. Today, the DNA it can be used to at least rule people out. So the DNA of the dead rapist (PE?) was compared to whatever they extracted.

I assume that there was no sexual assault of the girls. (I have no information but it is just my gut feeling. But maybe there were some traces left? Indicating that the killer had vasectomy, for example. And they wanted to compare that with the results of PE’s autopsy.

Also, we don’t know what was on the full audio tape. Maybe the girls commented on something in the guy’s look? Some personal detail. A tattoo, a mole, something else that was unusual or stood out? Handedness?

DC:

I referenced this video early on to get a feel for the area by the bridge, at one point the photographer stands right by the trailhead where the Girard trail splits off from the main trail, which I screen grabbed below:

Attachments

• Screen grab trailhead.png
    Screen grab trailhead.png
    430.6 KB · Views: 47
Jmo but I believe that if no sexual assault took place, LE would have said so early on, to stop speculation. I also have no belief in any other motive other than sexual in some way. That is generally the motive when girls or women are murdered...nothing makes me think otherwise in this case. Nothing else even makes “sense” as a motive or reason, if the word “reason” can even be applied when talking about murder.

I do not think there are any suspects. LE has talked about DNA enough in their way to indicate they have some for comparison and they have shown interest in suspects from other cases. If the killer was local, I don’t think he was local enough to know the girls. I think they would have identified him him in some way on the video if they recognized him and clearly, imo, they did not. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10