Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #120

Status
Not open for further replies.
The explanation of signatures brings me back to the “Shack” reference and how the killer in this fictional story left a ladybug drawing on their victims with one more dot on the bug. I am still curious about PE and why he was on their radar prior to his suicide in rural Lebanon (as mentioned in Dr. Oz). I would love to know what he was saying during his 4-hour stand-off.
SK was not my direction of thought, but now I am giving it a run.

Yes. But I bet whoever deposited the girls on RL’s land - if it happened - did not like RL too. He probably knew that RL was away, he created a major problem for RL. So either hated him, or hoped RL would sell his land after that.
I think the girls were killed where they were found and Ives more or less confirmed that. However, I think someone could have returned to make the scene "strange", or to destroy evidence or make it look like a SK. MOO

The explanation of signatures brings me back to the “Shack” reference and how the killer in this fictional story left a ladybug drawing on their victims with one more dot on the bug. I am still curious about PE and why he was on their radar prior to his suicide in rural Lebanon (as mentioned in Dr. Oz). I would love to know what he was saying during his 4-hour stand-off.
SK was not my direction of thought, but now I am giving it a run.
PE might fit the profile to some degree, but he doesn't resemble either sketch, and he looks too stocky to have BG's scrawny legs. I think LE was doing their due diligence by taking the necessary steps to rule him out.

I wish the DTH podcast hosts would have asked Ives about familial DNA - whether or not it's something that's been considered in this case. Even if he couldn't say yes or no I would have liked to hear what he had to say about it.

I wish the DTH podcast hosts would have asked Ives about familial DNA - whether or not it's something that's been considered in this case. Even if he couldn't say yes or no I would have liked to hear what he had to say about it.
If they had a full DNA profile that was definitely the killer's, they would have said so. What they probably have is a mix of partial profiles from touch DNA. The killer's DNA might be part of the mix, or it might not

Last edited:
If they had a full DNA profile that was definitely the killers, they would have said so. What they probably have is a mix of partial profiles from touch DNA. The killer's DNA might be part of the mix, or it might not
I think they have reasons to believe that one of the DNAs in the mix is that of a killer.

I made several mistakes while trying to make this reply. I apologize if I did something to someone's post.
If the killer murdered both sets of girls, he could very well live near Evansdale or another place. I chose Delphi because LE have said he has ties to Delphi. If it is the same guy, I think he may be employed with a traveling job in the agricultural industry. Evansdale and Delphi have plants that deal with animals.

That, or someone who lived next to Evansdale and moved to Indiana. I checked military centers on the map, as he could have been in military brat. There is one close to Waterloo. But the easiest explanation, he could have been a student in IA who later settled somewhere in Delphi. I think he does not just pass both places, he lived close to Evansdale and then, to Delphi. He might have been gone afterwards.
My theory is, he does not need a car for his crimes. He is probably close enough to walk, and he has rather generic looks.

Familial DNA search might unlock Delphi killer's identity

Recently asked about familial DNA searches and the homicide investigation into German and Williams' death, Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said, “Obviously the answer hasn‘t come to the surface, yet.

“This is out of the box, so what can it hurt?”

Leazenby said Indiana State Police Maj. Steve Holland telephoned Leazenby after the Journal & Courier interviewed Holland, who is director of the Indiana State Police laboratories. Leazenby said Holland was giving him a courtesy call to expect the J&C's questions about familial DNA.

“That’s being discussed," Leazenby said of the outcome of Holland's call, "but there hasn’t been a decision made yet. It’s on the table.

“It might help us reach success.”

That, or someone who lived next to Evansdale and moved to Indiana. I checked military centers on the map, as he could have been in military brat. There is one close to Waterloo. But the easiest explanation, he could have been a student in IA who later settled somewhere in Delphi. I think he does not just pass both places, he lived close to Evansdale and then, to Delphi. He might have been gone afterwards.
My theory is, he does not need a car for his crimes. He is probably close enough to walk, and he has rather generic looks.
I believe, he doesn't live, where he "creates" his blitz attacks on his victims. "He quickly gets around" (even from state to state) - or how did DC say? Not many people and no common people have these opportunities. MOO

And if there were only 25 phones to check like Ives believes, then it would be easy to check them. This really makes me wonder if they found the phone number of someone high profile among those 25 phones.

ETA FBI would have just got a tower dump wouldn't they?

It is possible that they got a tower dump and narrowed it down to 25 phones. It may now be difficult to get search warrants for all 25 phones to check their location history. It is also highly possible like you said that there may be some high profile phone number in it too.
Privacy laws are still evolving so it could be Judges are very cautious on granting search warrants for such information as they might violate fourth amendment protections.
I was reading this case it is interesting.
Supreme Court Rules Police Need a Warrant to Track Cellphones

Prosecutor Ives is spot-on with the tower stuff, and besides, someone could have an alibi or false alibi as to why their cell phone was in, say, that area that day. There's also the issue of IN 25 going through there, that could wreak havoc on cell tower data.

BG could have a burner phone, for all we know, and/or didn't have a phone on or even near him at the time of the murders.

A phone usually indicates where the owner is. So he could have merely left his own phone at home, or in a car parked next to his house, or elsewhere. The phone creates an alibi, too. This is why I think no GPS devices of his were in the proximity to the bridge, or else, he had full right to keep them there.

This is the guy who knows about tracking cellphones. And about tracking DNA. This alone puts him out of general group. (I know many truck drivers, however, who read a lot and are very bright, just working the job because the pay is OK.)

I think that BG is in 35-50 group, but the knowledge of cellphones and DNA theoretically puts him in a younger group, hence, I am slightly confused.

Maybe he is into genealogy? As I mentioned, his DNA knowledge predates GSK publications, so either he knew of such work being done (i.e. LE world), or, he himself could be into genealogy. Genealogists usually are on forums where all these things are discussed, so they know a lot.

That could explain his presence at the cemetery, btw. Tracking not a family grave, but some grave yet not in Find-a-grave database.

If, as Robert Ives says, there are at least three “signatures” left by the killer then why the heck can’t LE release what one of those is to the public. They can keep the others to themselves. But if the signatures are as they defined them, unrelated to the crime themselves but personal to the killer, why could police NOT think this would be useful for the public to know. That someone who knows the killer even casually might recognize this something as being connected to him? LE is cemented to this idea that someone close to the killer recognizes him and just is too afraid or too loyal to rat him out. But someone who is only a casual acquaintance may pick up on the “signature” and will not have any qualms....and a desire for $240,000...about turning this guy in. LE’s thinking is moronic. There. I said it. I have a huge amount of respect for LE but this investigation went off the rails a long time ago. My fear is it’s too far gone.

What the h*ll happened? Did he wake up that morning with an urge? Did he even know what he was going to do when L filmed him on the bridge? And if it wasn't planned, whatever he did at the cs had to have been done with things he had in his vehicle or on his person. I've always felt that way.
bbm
''When I woke up this morning I was feeling pretty dangerous.''
A QB of the Cleveland Browns once said, who has zero to do with this case. Maybe, even killers are feeling the same one morning, out of the sudden, from time to time. Frightening, but possible. IMO

I am thinking about the evidence at the crime scene being not what you would expect. I wonder if the killer had visited that area before the day he killed the girls and somehow staged the area...Left signs of some sort of religious ritual or items that would frighten the girls when they saw them, or dead animals. If the crime was planned in advance The killer could have left things there with other peoples DNA on them to confuse the scene.

Perhaps he carried some items with him that day - bulky jacket - and then left some at the CS..For some reason the image of a prosthetic leg keeps popping up in my head...wild imagination than anything of course. Oh boy..

ALL IMO

-Nin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads