Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #124

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I am thinking, what looked so creepy in him? After all, people cover their faces with scarves and masks, if they get sick during the winter.

I think it was the combination of the mask and intense, nervous, manic, even, gaze above the mask. It happens to meth users, or it could be his mental issues. Anyhow, this is how I imagine BG.
I'm wondering if they come across him earlier on the trails before going on the bridge and something about him - how he looked, mannerisms, how he looked at them - creeped them out.

Just being alone and a man like that coming towards me would be enough to scare my adult self tbh.

And this stuff about one girl watching whatever was happening to the other is horrifying as hell

I wondered about the audio released that said, "Guys, down the hill." Some criminal profilers have said they think the term "guys" denotes an association with children, someone like a teacher for example. Others think it denotes someone giving an order, like a police officer.

My opinion, based on what we do know, is that maybe the term "guys" is an actual association. This killer, while committing this crime, may actually have viewed himself as a young person.

We do not know the details behind what happened to Abigail Williams and Liberty German, but it is probably safe to say that unless they were killed at the exact same time by the killer, then one of them saw the other one being murdered. From a psychological perspective I wondered if maybe this killer was ridiculed when they were a child/young teenager themselves?

My opinion might be way out there because this killer maybe just chose two victims because they happened to be together that day, but it is something I thought about. I am not a criminal profiler either.

I wondered about the audio released that said, "Guys, down the hill." Some criminal profilers have said they think the term "guys" denotes an association with children, someone like a teacher for example. Others think it denotes someone giving an order, like a police officer.

My opinion, based on what we do know, is that maybe the term "guys" is an actual association. This killer, while committing this crime, may actually have viewed himself as a young person.

We do not know the details behind what happened to Abigail Williams and Liberty German, but it is probably safe to say that unless they were killed at the exact same time by the killer, then one of them saw the other one being murdered. From a psychological perspective I wondered if maybe this killer was ridiculed when they were a child/young teenager themselves?

My opinion might be way out there because this killer maybe just chose two victims because they happened to be together that day, but it is something I thought about. I am not a criminal profiler either.

Idk. Im in CA and i refer to groups as "guys" all the time, so ive never placed any importance on his use of that phrase.

Idk. Im in CA and i refer to groups as "guys" all the time, so ive never placed any importance on his use of that phrase.

The subconscious theory I put forth is based on my speculation, but I cannot think about anything else to discuss concerning the case of Abigail Williams and Liberty German. Without any new information it is hard to theorize too.

Even though I think this case is quickly becoming a cold case, I still think because of Liberty German's audio/video it could be solved today. Or if everyone is looking for the someone based on the wrong sketch (description), it could be many years before it is solved. It really depends on whether the investigation is on the right path.

Even the most popular case discussions fade eventually.

The subconscious theory I put forth is based on my speculation, but I cannot think about anything else to discuss concerning the case of Abigail Williams and Liberty German. Without any new information it is hard to theorize too.

Even though I think this case is quickly becoming a cold case, I still think because of Liberty German's audio/video it could be solved today. Or if everyone is looking for the someone based on the wrong sketch (description), it could be many years before it is solved. It really depends on whether the investigation is on the right path.

Even the most popular case discussions fade eventually.
Oh absolutely discuss away!

What would make a couple of young girls judge a man to be suspicious or threatening enough to take a video of him?

There's lots if reasons why he was intimidating. Some of my own (and no offence intended) is that he is scruffy, possibly walking with his head down, so shifty looking, he looks thick set in the video, which translates into assumed strength and he's a lone man, without a dog or any usual reason for being there. If he went down the left fork on a track, I'd go out of my way to avoid him.

As we have now been told that BG is much younger that we initially thought, Libby and Abby will have also experienced a man, who looks old, fat & slow moving, yet presumably, once he decided to move in for an attack, moved surprisingly quickly and with an unexpected agility.

Had they seen him before, this change in his movement, would have been extra shocking. Likewise when they realised he wasn't as old as they thought. It may well have occurred to them, that he had intentionally disguised himself, which would have been devastating.

"Forced to watch" was removed due to it being social media comment. There is a distinction between "forced to watch" (terminology sourced via rumor) vs "watching what is happening" (from an approved source). While it is a most likely scenario that one of the girls DID see/watch what was happening to the other, that does not necessarily translate into being forced by the perp to do so as an element of the crime.

Let's just stick with our approved sources without adding an interpretation by random social media commentators.
That sounds good to me, and thank you

MOO what saw from the photo then the woers way they released animated video is a 40ish white guy with a mean and piercing look. The picelation ia too great for detail so I could buy that he is younger and lighter than he looks.

40s, not homeless, dressed to blend, except the boots/shoes which look expensive to me. Just a first impression.

Responding to this post above.

I did notice that when you look at the shoes in the video, the sole seems to bend as BG brings his feet forward. Expensive shoes do have soft soles. Also specialized shoes for hiking that are tough but need to conform to the earth underneath. Also the shoes seemed to have tread on the bottom??

That is a different senario as the child is still alive. In that situation, with the guilty party in jail for the additional crimes, also effecting the child, then no purpose would be served.

I just feel that hiding or downplaying behaviors in our fellow humans because they are horrible and need not be examined only leads to those things they do being muted and soften, when they should be haunting us all and spurring us on to stop these crimes. We can't downplay what makes up horrified about eachother. That's all I'm trying to address. I personally think every crime scene photo should be banned from the internet but not the information that they can supply.

I couldn’t agree more!

If they really do have the killer's DNA it would seem to me that withholding info from the public "to protect the investigation" is pointless. Any false confessions could be eliminated by the lack of a DNA match. (John Mark Karr in JonBenet Ramsey's case, for example.)

If they really do have the killer's DNA it would seem to me that withholding info from the public "to protect the investigation" is pointless. Any false confessions could be eliminated by the lack of a DNA match. (John Mark Karr in JonBenet Ramsey's case, for example.)
I think they have partial DNA. Enough to exclude someone but not enough to positively identified just one. JMO

But LE often withholds, even in cases where they have relatively strong forensics. I'm thinking of the Hannah Graham case. That was a high profile one where they wouldn't say exactly how she was killed. They did say there was a forensic link to another case, though they wouldn't elaborate. Later of course, after they got their man, more was revealed.

Police also won't say if they know how the girls were killed in the Evansdale murders, or if they have DNA. And there are many others like this if you Google.

I think what's not being stated here is that police want the public to think they are weeding out false confessions, instead what they are really doing is screening tips (especially in high profile cases where they get a ton), hiding info from the perpetrator that can be used effectively against him during a police interrogation, and ensuring that perpetrators don't have time to come up with alibis/reasons for their DNA being at a scene that might ultimately introduce doubt during a trial. JMO.

But LE often withholds, even in cases where they have relatively strong forensics. I'm thinking of the Hannah Graham case. That was a high profile one where they wouldn't say exactly how she was killed. They did say there was a forensic link to another case, though they wouldn't elaborate. Later of course, after they got their man, more was revealed.

Police also won't say if they know how the girls were killed in the Evansdale murders, or if they have DNA. And there are many others like this if you Google.

I think what's not being stated here is that police want the public to think they are weeding out false confessions, instead what they are really doing is screening tips (especially in high profile cases where they get a ton), hiding info from the perpetrator that can be used effectively against him during a police interrogation, and ensuring that perpetrators don't have time to come up with alibis/reasons for their DNA being at a scene that might ultimately introduce doubt during a trial.

Very good post. I totally understand not releasing exact cause of death. But why do they need to hide info from the perpetrator about basic things like footprint, shoe size, left/right handedness, etc.? Maybe your post helps explain that a little, but I'm not sure.
I have gone back and forth about this case a lot over the past week, thinking about some of the new local Delphi resignations, revisiting the statements of Carter and others about the perp being local, about it being complicated and odd/strange. I have been thinking more about the scene being staged to look like something it might not be, and I had never given that much credence before. And then sometimes I just go back to believing it's one of the original suspects with criminal records, or that it's someone unknown. Truly baffled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow