Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #125

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

They should not have dismissed the video, and we should not compare real people with NBG sketch.

As to OBG sketch, he reminds me of some historical persons, but not of the man on the video.

2. SMK777

SMK777 Well-Known Member

What do you mean? Curious.

Ravenmoon and StarryStarryNight like this.
  3. StarryStarryNight

StarryStarryNight Well-Known Member

Are you suggesting Joan of Arc was a man?

Rhiannon Gray, Ravenmoon and SMK777 like this.
  4. SMK777

SMK777 Well-Known Member

Last night I was watching an old Unsolved Mysteries episode on YouTube, a case of a Mom and 2 teen daughters from Ohio who took a road trip to Florida. They went missing from their motel and were later all found murdered and dumped in the bay. The case went unsolved for over 3 years.....

Until LE decided to take a note found in the Mom’s car, giving directions to a boat launch ( presumably in the killer’s handwriting) and put it up on a billboard. Within a day, a neighbor recognized the handwriting and called LE, which led to an arrest. How awful that Liberty’s video/audio did not have this result!!

5. Yemelyan

Yemelyan Well-Known Member

Murderers like Gaskins who have killed serially and have multiple motivations for their killings (the vast majority of Gaskins' killings, for example, were sexually motivated, of both men and women; only a few of his murders were committed to gain status or for other profit) are thankfully more rare than other types of murderers, even rare among serial killers. So if BG has killed before or since the Delphi murders, it's not very likely that his previous murders were different in motivation, whatever LE knows that to be (though it's possible).

Speaking to the local or non local piece of this, I think many of us might know of a place that, while not "local" to us anymore, was local to us during a part of our lives and that we still know like the back of our hand. Others of us may travel for work or pleasure and so there are many places that we are familiar with, though we don't live there - and these could be many states away from our homes. While I don't think LE is ruling something like this out, I think they are strongly taking into consideration empirical studies of murderers that show that they usually have very defined geographic areas of operation.

Normally killers work within so-called comfort zones, areas familiar to them and defined by an anchor point (usually a place of residence, place of employment, or residence of a relative). Sometimes they will spiral out of their comfort zone if their confidence has grown over the commission of many crimes, or to avoid detection if they've committed a series of murders.

The specter of long haul trucker killers and Israel Keyes loom large in our collective mythology, but the fact is that when you look at data very few murderers travel long distances to kill. If they do, it's likely because their work is travel-based or because they themselves live a transitory lifestyle. For a drifter, they go through life establishing a series of comfort zones.

If BG is the latter (equivalent to your #6 possibility, @cujenn81 ), and if he has shown multiple motivations for past or future offenses, this would be an unlikely situation but a very unfortunate one, as it could mean that the Delphi murders will never be solved without forensic links.

6. Sulamith

Sulamith Well-Known Member

Oba Chandler was the murderer. Horrible case. I read about it a few years back in this article "Angels and Demons" by Thomas French. He won a Pulitzer for his series.

Angels & Demons

7. StarryStarryNight

StarryStarryNight Well-Known Member

I saw the Unsolved Mysteries episode on this and I just read the article you posted a link to and it is an awful crime with some parallels to Delphi. The big thing I take away from it is the keys to solving were relentless police work and eventually realizing the public was on their side. When they began trusting the media and the public and began releasing information....real information... LE finally got the tip they needed.

8. Rhiannon Gray

Rhiannon Gray Active Member

I have a question.
    In the April 2019 Transcript of the press release, there is a quote:

"We have a witness. You made mistakes. We are coming for you and there's no place for a heartless coward like you to hide that gets his thrill from killing little girls."

DC did not actually say this . It was omitted. Does anyone think this was an oversight?

And..Any thoughts on the witness and why we have not heard much, if anything , about this?

My opinions and my observations.

Sunny123 and Blue Amethyst like this.
  9. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

For the safety of the witness

Amateur opinion and speculation

10. Silver_produce0

Silver_produce0 Well-Known Member

Some have said that Carter was overly emotional and as a result didn’t communicate everything that he was supposed to. I don’t know if this is truly what happened.

This is an example of the Mandela effect for me because I swear I remember him saying it during the PC!

cujenn, thanks again for transcribing that for us. It’s interesting to me that these hosts with law enforcement experience don’t see Carter as overly emotional and out of control, as some who follow this case see him, but rather acting as expected based off the assumed direction/instruction from the BAU.

11. cujenn81

cujenn81 Well-Known Member

Yes, I personally believe this was most likely an oversight. Carter appeared to go off script with his aside about watching, The Shack. I think he got sidetracked when he went off script, which caused him to overlook the bit about having a witness by mistake.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
  12. Ravenmoon

Ravenmoon "Justice is a dish best served cold"

Hello Roses,
    I could totally understand that
    But,why even put it out there at all?
    And, witness.meaning a witness to the crime itself?
    or to what?
    It just seems to have been disregarded?
    Hmmmm
    IMO MOO

13. stattlich1

stattlich1 Well-Known Member

maybe....

they don't have a witness.

14. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

We know that a witness provided the description that led to the NBG sketch. LE likely believes that that witness could finger BG in a line up.

15. Yemelyan

Yemelyan Well-Known Member

What I took away from it was that the investigation was overwhelmed with just a few thousand tips. So much so, that the same woman tipped Chandler several times before it was actually looked at. And this investigation also used tip sorting/prioritizing computer technology but it came down to human judgment. Very interesting to think about in light of the even more massive amount of tips in the Delphi case.

16. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

I have to disagree somewhat in that some killers make their opportunity to kill happen by determination and action, like Bundy did when he enticed some women away from a crowded area. I'm sure there are other examples. Not all killers wait on or look for opportunity to present itself. Some make it happen. Some hunters stroll, wait and watch but others scare up game. AJMO

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  17. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

I still think LE knowing and being confident about knowing the Delphi killer's identity and LE being able to arrest someone with the confidence of conviction (usually dependent on prosecuting lawyers) are two separate realities. JMO that this could be the case.

18. SouthernMom

SouthernMom Well-Known Member

I think Israel Keyes would fall into the category of killers who make their opportunity to kill happen. In the end though, he broke all of his own rules by choosing a victim in his own hometown. This seems to be what gets some of them caught too. Joseph Duncan was previously an opportunistic killer who stalked and planned the killing of the Groene family when he kidnapped young Samantha and Dylan. This last crime is what uncovered his kidnapping and murders of other children including two sisters Sammie Jo White (11) and Carmen Cubias (9). Duncan was also charged with the murder of Anthony Martinez.
    I hope that it won't be another killing that connects the Delphi murderer to this crime.

19. Rhiannon Gray

Rhiannon Gray Active Member

Absolutely.
    My response was originally in response to the question what was the catalyst ( I think the terminology was different) for the first attack?
    As in, what made the killer use that day to green light his attack?
    I would assume that over time and with experience , an SK would become more and more brazen.

My opinion. My observations.

20. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

Hard to say. He may have mentioned it in a moment of emotionalism, or to bait the Perp. As to what they saw, I can’t even guess.

amateur opinion and speculation

JnRyan, stattlich1 and Charlot123 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.