Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #129

Status
Not open for further replies.
there must have been something very particular that he did to the girls, that Carter knows was extremely important to the killer..so he want to assure the killer that his mark or his signature, his adjustment to the appearance, whatever it was...no longer exists for his mental enjoyment.

mOO

It recorded much more. They said it was in likely in her pocket, so most of what was recorded was audio. My guess as to why more has not been released is 1) there are too many overlapping voices and 2) there is too much evidence such as type of weapon
Also sergeant Riley said that you could hear one of the girls reactions to what was happening. It’s on a YT video I posted awhile back. I’ll look for it, and add to to my post.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="somequestions, post: 16632555, member: 156852"

And there are other strange things. For example, the creek water was right next to the crime scene location and the place is desolate with few people around. But I also read that maybe some clothing was found in the creek. So clothing was moved to the creek, but not the bodies? Does the killer have something wrong with his hands? Maybe the killer is not that experienced, but I wonder why he did not move the bodies into the water to get rid of evidence?
Snipped by me

Conversely, what if he drowned one or both of the girls first and then did bodily damage to them?

Sorry but I messed up somequestions post somehow.

Had he moved them to the creek, they’d be noticed much sooner.

I believe, the killer can't be some truck driver, who is ie. rotating between two of the Packers plants. Otherwise DC (had it been him?) wouldn't have said, that the community would be shocked, when they would learn of the killer (similar wording). Who would be shocked, if it were a truck driver/longhaul truck driver?? From the start a truck driver would have been a compatible suspect for this crime, we all thought and probably the Delphians thought also. IMO

Thanks for reminding me of the above! I'd forgotten that DC indicated the community would be shocked when they learn the killer's identify.

Which gives me pause.

Hmmmm.

JMVHO.

there must have been something very particular that he did to the girls, that Carter knows was extremely important to the killer..so he want to assure the killer that his mark or his signature, his adjustment to the appearance, whatever it was...no longer exists for his mental enjoyment.

mOO
According to the ex prosecutor on the case, there are two or three signatures.
https://www.downthehillpodcast.com/

I think maybe he had them in the creek first..at least one of them.
IMO it’s possible although not likely that the creek water was a weapon. BG didn’t necessarily need another weapon because the water is powerful and unforgiving. Water always wins. Two girls, BGs two hands. Maybe he drowned one to comply the other. Perhaps he pushed them both down face first in an effort to reveal which girl was stronger. No screams necessary as they both literally would have feared for each others lives. IMO

I’ve seen the mention of meaning packing plants twice now. Can you tell me what is meant by this? I’m in the North East so I’m unfamiliar with these plants and how they work. Do they have problems with workers in them that are related to crime?
It was suspected early on that BG may have been a meat pack worker or trucker who delivered to meat plants. LE looked at the work boots of
People at the meat packing plant initially likely in attempt to identify or rule out BG being a meat plant worker and/or trucker who distributed to the area.

I’ve seen the mention of meaning packing plants twice now. Can you tell me what is meant by this? I’m in the North East so I’m unfamiliar with these plants and how they work. Do they have problems with workers in them that are related to crime?

Based on discussions of the plants in the past, the working conditions can be brutal. That, in and of itself, does not make workers in the plants more likely to commit crime. But someone who might be otherwise unemployable due to a criminal record could find work in an environment that many would find undesirable.

Also, there were allegations that the Indiana plant hired illegal workers. Indiana Packers responds to lawsuit alleging illegal employees

There is a perception that illegal workers would be more likely to commit crime. Not being documented would certainly make it more difficult to tie someone to a crime.

jmo

It was suspected early on that BG may have been a meat pack worker or trucker who delivered to meat plants. LE looked at the work boots of
People at the meat packing plant initially likely in attempt to identify or rule out BG being a meat plant worker and/or trucker who distributed to the area.

oh ok...I see. Thank you for clarifying that for me.

I would like to see them do a reverse genealogy test on his DNA like the golden state killer (amongst others). Cece Moore is incredible and could probably help a lot

I just learned this about Indiana state labs this week:

Delphi deaths, 4 years later

Feb 12, 2021

For the past four years, investigators have not publicly released whether there was DNA found at the crime scene, though Leazenby just this week didn’t deny its possibility.

And if there is indeed DNA from Delphi, some people believe a simple method of familial searching could possibly hold the key to solving the case.

[..]

But Indiana is one of dozens of states whose state police labs don’t conduct familial DNA searching. The Tribune called ISP for answers as to why that’s the case but did not hear back as of press time.

“In order to be done, a state has to agree that it’s the right thing to do,” Harmon said. “And I guess no one’s ever said, ‘How come other states are doing them and you’re not?’ … The premise behind familial searching is that crime tends to run in families. So if you committed a crime, and you haven’t been caught yet, chances are pretty good that someone else close to you in your family committed a crime and are likely in a state database. That’s why something like this works.”

Harmon also added that there is another DNA search called genetic genealogy, which looks at private databases like Ancestry.com and formulates expansive family trees linked with common DNA.

That’s also a possible way of tracking down potential individuals involved in criminal activity, he noted, though it’s not clear whether investigators in the Delphi investigation have used that technique either.

Feb 12, 2021

For the past four years, investigators have not publicly released whether there was DNA found at the crime scene, though Leazenby just this week didn’t deny its possibility.

And if there is indeed DNA from Delphi, some people believe a simple method of familial searching could possibly hold the key to solving the case.

[..]

But Indiana is one of dozens of states whose state police labs don’t conduct familial DNA searching. The Tribune called ISP for answers as to why that’s the case but did not hear back as of press time.

“In order to be done, a state has to agree that it’s the right thing to do,” Harmon said. “And I guess no one’s ever said, ‘How come other states are doing them and you’re not?’ … The premise behind familial searching is that crime tends to run in families. So if you committed a crime, and you haven’t been caught yet, chances are pretty good that someone else close to you in your family committed a crime and are likely in a state database. That’s why something like this works.”

Harmon also added that there is another DNA search called genetic genealogy, which looks at private databases like Ancestry.com and formulates expansive family trees linked with common DNA.

That’s also a possible way of tracking down potential individuals involved in criminal activity, he noted, though it’s not clear whether investigators in the Delphi investigation have used that technique either.

States' state police labs usually don't, anyway. Third parties are often times responsible for that.

JMO

The Jason Hebert/youTube link above is approved. We don't allow screenshots of social media comments, so those have been removed. Thanks.

thank you! My apologies, I wanted to make sure it was clear that what I was referencing was in fact information from Anna and not chatter and didn't think about how the social media rules would factor into that.

Feb 12, 2021

[..]

I saw the Dr Oz episode today regarding the JBR case and the lead detective on that case although deceased left spreadsheets and PowerPoints for his kids to pursue the case. Apparently DNA as it was acquired from victims and previous crime scenes is not always compatible with new DNA technology. They have a to acquire financial
Resources in furtherance of the investigation.

We have learned that Indiana does not have laws in place to warrant a genealogical search. It would be helpful if Indiana residents would contact their Senators and Representatives and demand they vote in a law where these types of searches are not only legal but necessary. IMO

This is the first time I'm posting here but I've followed these threads for at least a year and Abby & Libby's case more or less since it happened.
Anna Williams did an interview a few months back, you can find it here:
The Delphi Murders: Anna Williams Interview

I'm 99% sure this interview was approved for discussion (probably in the the thread right before this one) because the two interviewers were very straight-forward and professional. However if I'm wrong I will of course remove my post.
I don't think Anna discussed this in the actual interview (she MAY have briefly, the video is an hour and a half and I don't recall everything they discussed) but for awhile she was responding to some of the comments and one of the ones she replied to was asking about cause of death. Her response was that she doesn't know how the girls were killed.

<modsnip, removed social media comments>

I can't edit my original post anymore but just to clarify slightly what Anna said since we can't post screenshots: "I haven't a clue as to how they were killed, that hasn't been released" is what she wrote. My guess is that COD is maybe similar to the audio/video in that some members of the families know and some don't? I believe Anna has stated before that she has not listened to the audio so it could be she chose the same route as far as knowing the COD. I wouldn't blame her one bit if that is the case. I'd be surprised if LE was actively withholding COD from family that did want to know, especially since as far as I know none of them have said anything to indicate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.