Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #129

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minazoe

minazoe Well-Known Member

there must have been something very particular that he did to the girls, that Carter knows was extremely important to the killer..so he want to assure the killer that his mark or his signature, his adjustment to the appearance, whatever it was...no longer exists for his mental enjoyment.

mOO

2. ElementalLaura

ElementalLaura Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The Jason Hebert/youTube link above is approved. We don't allow screenshots of social media comments, so those have been removed. Thanks.

3. UnapologeticallyAspie

UnapologeticallyAspie Well-Known Member

Is there a way to get a list of everyone at the presser?

4. UnapologeticallyAspie

UnapologeticallyAspie Well-Known Member

Also sergeant Riley said that you could hear one of the girls reactions to what was happening. It’s on a YT video I posted awhile back. I’ll look for it, and add to to my post.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
  5. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

Had he moved them to the creek, they’d be noticed much sooner.

6. Tarika

Tarika One of the snoop sisters

It is on the down the hill podcasts as well. I can’t remember what chapter but it is there,

https://www.downthehillpodcast.com/

7. Tarika

I think maybe he had them in the creek first..at least one of them.

8. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Attempting to Keep Calm and Carry On.

Thanks for reminding me of the above! I'd forgotten that DC indicated the community would be shocked when they learn the killer's identify.

Which gives me pause.

Hmmmm.

JMVHO.

9. Tarika

According to the ex prosecutor on the case, there are two or three signatures.
    https://www.downthehillpodcast.com/

10. fallingup13

fallingup13 Active Member

I’ve seen the mention of meaning packing plants twice now. Can you tell me what is meant by this? I’m in the North East so I’m unfamiliar with these plants and how they work. Do they have problems with workers in them that are related to crime?

11. EricaStryker

EricaStryker New Member

I would like to see them do a reverse genealogy test on his DNA like the golden state killer (amongst others). Cece Moore is incredible and could probably help a lot

12. mom2chloe

mom2chloe Well-Known Member

IMO it’s possible although not likely that the creek water was a weapon. BG didn’t necessarily need another weapon because the water is powerful and unforgiving. Water always wins. Two girls, BGs two hands. Maybe he drowned one to comply the other. Perhaps he pushed them both down face first in an effort to reveal which girl was stronger. No screams necessary as they both literally would have feared for each others lives. IMO

13. mom2chloe

It was suspected early on that BG may have been a meat pack worker or trucker who delivered to meat plants. LE looked at the work boots of
    People at the meat packing plant initially likely in attempt to identify or rule out BG being a meat plant worker and/or trucker who distributed to the area.

14. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

Based on discussions of the plants in the past, the working conditions can be brutal. That, in and of itself, does not make workers in the plants more likely to commit crime. But someone who might be otherwise unemployable due to a criminal record could find work in an environment that many would find undesirable.

Also, there were allegations that the Indiana plant hired illegal workers. Indiana Packers responds to lawsuit alleging illegal employees

There is a perception that illegal workers would be more likely to commit crime. Not being documented would certainly make it more difficult to tie someone to a crime.

jmo

15. fallingup13

fallingup13 Active Member

oh ok...I see. Thank you for clarifying that for me.

crhedBngr, watcher9, superbee and 3 others like this.
  16. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

I just learned this about Indiana state labs this week:

Delphi deaths, 4 years later

Feb 12, 2021

For the past four years, investigators have not publicly released whether there was DNA found at the crime scene, though Leazenby just this week didn’t deny its possibility.

And if there is indeed DNA from Delphi, some people believe a simple method of familial searching could possibly hold the key to solving the case.

[..]

But Indiana is one of dozens of states whose state police labs don’t conduct familial DNA searching. The Tribune called ISP for answers as to why that’s the case but did not hear back as of press time.

“In order to be done, a state has to agree that it’s the right thing to do,” Harmon said. “And I guess no one’s ever said, ‘How come other states are doing them and you’re not?’ … The premise behind familial searching is that crime tends to run in families. So if you committed a crime, and you haven’t been caught yet, chances are pretty good that someone else close to you in your family committed a crime and are likely in a state database. That’s why something like this works.”

Harmon also added that there is another DNA search called genetic genealogy, which looks at private databases like Ancestry.com and formulates expansive family trees linked with common DNA.

That’s also a possible way of tracking down potential individuals involved in criminal activity, he noted, though it’s not clear whether investigators in the Delphi investigation have used that technique either.

17. Falling Down

Falling Down Well-Known Member

States' state police labs usually don't, anyway. Third parties are often times responsible for that.

JMO

18. technicallymissing

technicallymissing Well-Known Member

thank you! My apologies, I wanted to make sure it was clear that what I was referencing was in fact information from Anna and not chatter and didn't think about how the social media rules would factor into that.

19. mom2chloe

I saw the Dr Oz episode today regarding the JBR case and the lead detective on that case although deceased left spreadsheets and PowerPoints for his kids to pursue the case. Apparently DNA as it was acquired from victims and previous crime scenes is not always compatible with new DNA technology. They have a *** to acquire financial
    Resources in furtherance of the investigation.

We have learned that Indiana does not have laws in place to warrant a genealogical search. It would be helpful if Indiana residents would contact their Senators and Representatives and demand they vote in a law where these types of searches are not only legal but necessary. IMO

20. technicallymissing

technicallymissing Well-Known Member

I can't edit my original post anymore but just to clarify slightly what Anna said since we can't post screenshots: "I haven't a clue as to how they were killed, that hasn't been released" is what she wrote. My guess is that COD is maybe similar to the audio/video in that some members of the families know and some don't? I believe Anna has stated before that she has not listened to the audio so it could be she chose the same route as far as knowing the COD. I wouldn't blame her one bit if that is the case. I'd be surprised if LE was actively withholding COD from family that did want to know, especially since as far as I know none of them have said anything to indicate that.

crhedBngr, JnRyan, Rural_PC and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.