Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #130

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps but wouldn’t it be more likely for LE to use a location as an access point where it was known the killer hadn’t, so as to not contaminate or trample evidence?

IMO, not a chance. The reason all those LE vehicles are there, in that cemetery, is because it is the easiest access point to the crime scene. In addition, for me, it is clear evidence that the cemetery, and the area directly surrounding it, in particular the pathway down the hill from there to the CS, is exactly where a large focus of the investigation was. MOO

HaHa!
Yes! That is what I was trying to do! Unsuccessfully!
The only difference is I was wanting to post a picture of a certain frame in the bridge video.(not any of these). It’s the frame I think shows that the BG actually is younger than we were initially led to believe.
In my group of individual frames, it’s #34. I don’t know if everybody has the same group.

Here you go - frame 34. I've enlarged it ever so slightly.

BG34.JPG

Serial Killers: Modus Operandi, Signature, Staging & Posing

The link above from 2015 gives some examples of what a signature might actually be at a crime scene. Things that are not necessary to do to complete the crime itself. We're told there were at least 3 signatures at the scene. The link suggests things like:
- posing of the bodies - perhaps in a way to shock investigators
- mutilating bodies

The information in the article seemed straightforward when I also read that: Ives said that there were 3 or 4 things you'd photograph immediately at the scene. But then I also read that somehow, searchers didn't immediately know what they had happened onto. So how is it that searchers didn't know what they had stumbled onto if there are were by Ives account, 3 or 4 things you'd photograph immediately?

Is this to say searchers found the bodies, but may not have noticed whatever investigators saw very quickly about the scene? If they didn't know what what they'd stumbled onto, was this necessarily a bloody, twisted scene? Did they not realize right away a murder had taken place there? How did they perhaps not realize what they'd stumbled onto?? Or did this just refer to the general area where the bodies were found??
(Q. In the public domain there have been descriptions of the crime scene, descriptions of items found and the positioning of the bodies. Do you feel there was an excessive number of persons present once it was determined to be a crime scene?

A. Once secured by law enforcement as a crime scene, no. I would surmise that searchers did not immediately know what they had come upon.)
Source: Carroll County Comet.

New clues in chiling case of young girls who filmed their killer on iconic bridge

"he passed the girls on the bridge"??? I had never read / heard this before, but it makes more sense that it would have gone down this way! If he passed them on the bridge, it might just be that he told the girls to follow him because their route was unsafe and he'd show them a safe way back!? What made her "recognize they were in danger" and caused her to start recording?

I was once pretty sure that he covered the bodies with leaves and that's why they weren't seen. But then, we are told that the person looking at deer looked down and saw the bodies.

Was it the person on the bridge side who saw the deer or was it someone on the other side of the creek?

Quoted from @Yemelyan several pages back:

In the podcast Scene of the Crime: A New Direction, minute 50:10: Kelsi asks Carter, can he clear up his remarks regarding The Shack? Did the girls die in a shack? Carter's answer: "There was no shack." He goes on to ask her if she has seen the movie: KG: "Yes, a couple of times." DC: "Then you know." He further explains that the movie reflects his personal values about morality and redemption and illustrates, in his opinion, how a person might cope with loss through faith.

I believe LE chooses their wording very carefully, even when being vague. But this reference, along with other religious undertones during the PC, and various LE comments in this and other cases, IMO, reflects the culture of the region. My guess is DC regrets ever bringing up that movie. His intended message was lost.
ISP Carter is openly religious and many others are also. If the identity of the killer is suspected or possibly known by LE, maybe speaking of religion, when addressing the killer, was an extremely appropriate thing to do.

New clues in chiling case of young girls who filmed their killer on iconic bridge

"he passed the girls on the bridge"??? I had never read / heard this before, but it makes more sense that it would have gone down this way! If he passed them on the bridge, it might just be that he told the girls to follow him because their route was unsafe and he'd show them a safe way back!? What made her "recognize they were in danger" and caused her to start recording?

Unfortunately the paragraph before states it was speculation and not from LE:
“DTH speculates the man rehearsed his plan, walked the route and was ready to act whenever suitable victims appeared.
He passed the girls on the bridge, then turned back and when the girls noticed him walking back in their direction, Libby started recording.
Gaining control of them with a knife or gun, he forced them to turn northward – and down the hill.”

I am currently listening to a podcast about the Amy Mihaljevic case.
Has it ever been discussed in here if Amy’s case could be connected to the Delphi case?
Of course I know the age range does not fit, as Amy was abducted more that 30 years ago.
Wow how wonderful there's been a huge break in that case after so so long. Praying Amy's family receives answers they deserve.

Is there anyone else, besides myself, that analyzed his gait pattern?
I am a physical therapy doctor and I specialize in neurological rehabilitation.
I understand that this bridge appears to be very uneven, does anyone know if it is sloped at a decline towards the left?
Regardless of the structure of the bridge I believe that this man has very distinct gait characteristics. BG demonstrates a stepparent gait pattern with increased hip flexion on the right that is not evident on the left, he also appears to shift his weight over his left side when the right limb is stepping forwards. I have analyzed this video with great detail. What this kind of gay pattern suggests is some sort of neurological event that occurred in his past. I know that people are saying that he’s likely around 40 years of age which usually isn’t a common age to have suffered from a stroke . But I’m this gait pattern could be a result of a variety of
Spinal cord impairments as well. Even something as simple as bad low back pain and dysfunction.

I’m hoping others with expertise in gait analysis like
myself will continue to look into this as it could provide important information into the BG’s past that may help distinguish BG from others

Wow how wonderful there's been a huge break in that case after so so long. Praying Amy's family receives answers they deserve.
Apologies, but I do not really understand your comment? Could you please elaborate?
I am not claiming there is a connection, just asking if it has ever been discussed in here? Because if it has I would like to read up on that. So what’s up with the huge break comment?

I was once pretty sure that he covered the bodies with leaves and that's why they weren't seen. But then, we are told that the person looking at deer looked down and saw the bodies.

Was it the person on the bridge side who saw the deer or was it someone on the other side of the creek?

The guy who was looking at the deer, was he looking at them through his phone (camera / zoom)? If so, he may not have seen the bodies, or realized what he was seeing at that point? Someone apparently hollered up to KG to ask her about the girl's shoes and then the bodies were found, so to me, that would be someone closer to the actual bodies on the other side of the creek found them, no?

IMO, not a chance. The reason all those LE vehicles are there, in that cemetery, is because it is the easiest access point to the crime scene. In addition, for me, it is clear evidence that the cemetery, and the area directly surrounding it, in particular the pathway down the hill from there to the CS, is exactly where a large focus of the investigation was. MOO

The cemetery might’ve been the easiest access point to the crime scene for LE but we don’t know if the killer went from the cemetery to the bridge, expecting the girls or anyone else to be walking along it that afternoon since recent comments indicate the girls weren’t targeted in advance He may’ve sighted them somewhere around where they were dropped off and simply followed them.

Last edited:
The guy who was looking at the deer, was he looking at them through his phone (camera / zoom)? If so, he may not have seen the bodies, or realized what he was seeing at that point? Someone apparently hollered up to KG to ask her about the girl's shoes and then the bodies were found, so to me, that would be someone closer to the actual bodies on the other side of the creek found them, no?
Probably. From the views in Julie Melvin's videos, I was having a hard time accepting the idea that someone on the bridge side could see bodies flat on the ground.

In the beginning we read that a set of footprints led them to the victims, which made sense to me except I wondered why there weren't 3 sets.

Does the BG perhaps own a barn or a shed, which you could name "shack" also, and is this a location, where BG would possibly think over, what he did, and where he would possibly develope a little bit of conscience after a crime? Are his "trophies" stored there, things from a crime scene? Are his clothes stored there, his shoes, his fanny pack, his tools? Is it a place to be alone with his thoughts? Is it a place, to meet with his accomplice (in case, he had one) and to do the postprocessing of a crime together with the person? Is it a place, where he is planning his next evil "adventures"? - Maybe, DC wanted to shock BG with something between the lines, which a smart BG would understand immediately, and it had less to do with religiousness but with a note, he told BG.
IMO and speculation

If we view the Shack in an abstract way, it is the killer’s life, that he created. Built out of pride, arrogance, vanity, wish to control and dominate, emotions that he learned to suppress, but not to fully handle. And, fear. I believe he killed out of fear, and the story, sadly, is too old. I believe he is a local, within 10 miles, but I don’t subscribe to any only POI because I don’t have enough data. LE is not going to release anything today, it is obvious. I can only unsubscribe - from any local druggies like GK. But I follow the case because it needs to be solved, and closed.
I don’t think he keeps many mementos of the killings. I don’t believe he has remorse.
Nor do I believe that he is religious.
He probably found the way to rationalize his crime. There is religiosity, coming from the need to conform to the community requirements, but not true religion.

Probably. From the views in Julie Melvin's videos, I was having a hard time accepting the idea that someone on the bridge side could see bodies flat on the ground.

In the beginning we read that a set of footprints led them to the victims, which made sense to me except I wondered why there weren't 3 sets.

hm... Maybe he carried one victim and made the other follow / walk with him? :(

That publication is from Australia. Doubtful they’d be reporting breaking “new” news. Plus what already is known, they don’t have entirely correct -
“The girls were due to be collected by Libby’s grandfather Mike Patty, her legal guardian, in the trail car park at 3.15pm, but failed to show up.”

If we view the Shack in an abstract way, it is the killer’s life, that he created. Built out of pride, arrogance, vanity, wish to control and dominate, emotions that he learned to suppress, but not to fully handle. And, fear. I believe he killed out of fear, and the story, sadly, is too old. I believe he is a local, within 10 miles, but I don’t subscribe to any only POI because I don’t have enough data. LE is not going to release anything today, it is obvious. I can only unsubscribe - from any local druggies like GK. But I follow the case because it needs to be solved, and closed.
I don’t think he keeps many mementos of the killings. I don’t believe he has remorse.
Nor do I believe that he is religious.
He probably found the way to rationalize his crime. There is religiosity, coming from the need to conform to the community requirements, but not true religion.

I agree, you're talking about my POI!!!!

In my head, I imagine footprints entering the creek, which would make a searcher naturally look across to see if there are footprints exiting the other side. A phone zoom would allow them to see better in the moment.

*Please somebody help me with the source before we get carried away with this, but didn't family say the searcher spotted L's tie-dye shirt with the phone zoom? I could be mistaken.*

I'm inclined to think the searchers spotted the girls from a distance, informed LE, and from there LE was quickly able to secure the area. Maybe none of the searchers even saw the crime scene close up. JMO

Good point!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members