Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #131

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you remind me in which interview he said this? I want to go back and refresh my memory on this point.

March 1, 2021
Dr. Oz Delphi Murders Video: Robert Ives Transcript

" I’ve told people if you arrived at this crime scene where the girls’ bodies were found, there were three or four physical characteristics at the crime scene that you would absolutely take pictures of."

Dr. Oz Delphi Murders Video: Robert Ives Transcript - CrimeLights

Edit: Thanks, Diddian. You beat me to it!

Last edited:
Ives spoke with Dr. Oz. Interview of Ives begins at 2:45 and at about 4:25 is when he talks about this specific aspect of the crime scene ("3 or 4 physical characteristics you would absolutely take a photograph of"):
Thank you for the Dr Oz video. I noticed that Ives claims that LE believes that the crime may have been planned, I had a feeling this guy didn’t just see the girls and perpetrate a spur of the moment crime.

Thank you for the Dr Oz video. I noticed that Ives claims that LE believes that the crime may have been planned, I had a feeling this guy didn’t just see the girls and perpetrate a spur of the moment crime.
It sounded to me like Ives just wasn't sure, like he thought it could have been planned, but he also sounded like he thought the murders could have been opportunistic and a random killer came across the two girls in a location that made them vulnerable.

It's also worth remembering that Ives has not been the prosecutor for some time. I think he stepped down the end of 2017. So, he may not be privy to investigative findings that occurred since his departure.

It sounded to me like Ives just wasn't sure, like he thought it could have been planned, but he also sounded like he thought the murders could have been opportunistic and a random killer came across the two girls in a location that made them vulnerable.

It's also worth remembering that Ives has not been the prosecutor for some time. I think he stepped down the end of 2017. So, he may not be privy to investigative findings that occurred since his departure.
Yes. Some people hear what they want to hear when listening to these interviews. It's called confirmation bias.

For the same reason you mention I thought it interesting Ives has been making the rounds lately as a sort of case spokesperson. After one moves on from an elected or appointed position I thought they’re required to maintain confidentiality regarding business matters. I guess not. Ives seems to have revealed even more tidbits than LE and only silence from the current Prosecutor and Dpty Asst Prosecutor, the ex-mayor.

For the same reason you mention I thought it interesting Ives has been making the rounds lately as a sort of case spokesperson. After one moves on from an elected or appointed position I thought they’re required to maintain confidentiality regarding business matters. I guess not. Ives seems to have revealed even more tidbits than LE and only silence from the current Prosecutor and Dpty Asst Prosecutor, the ex-mayor.

It is interesting; however, knowing very little of the politics or conflicts that might exist among LE or associated elected parties there, I don't know what to make of it. I have no idea what his motivations are; they may simply be that he wants to keep interest in the case active until it is solved.

Interviewed around the time he was resigning, Ives mentioned that since he'd first been elected prosecutor in 1987, he'd experienced multiple wins and losses in election to that position. More recently he'd lost in the Republican caucus.

https://www.wrtv.com/news/local-new...p-down-amidst-two-high-profile-unsolved-cases

Around the same time that Ives resigned, and following an ISP investigation after a tip from an independent investigator, there were also resignations of two officials (father, working for Dept of Homeland Security in Indiana, and son, Flora Fire Chief) charged with investigating the Flora fire.

Flora fire chief resigns

So, I don't know if Ives got caught up in that, or if there was some more general source of dissatisfaction. From what little I've heard or seen from him in interviews, he seems like a decent and reasonable person who wants the cases resolved, but has been for the most part willing to let LE make the call about what they release in an effort to invite tips that may help toward that end.

Im weirded out by the Leah Conner death. wonder if there is no obvious cause?

its really eerie...out for a walk...broad daylight...nice weather...bridge area...found close by or under the trestle.

but no talk of homicide..yet..seems like they went in with dogs and found her quickly.

even the footage of the town reaction...similar..

ok I won't speculate anymore..nothing can be done or connected until the facts are known.

mOO

They don't. They do however, know that Libby was born there. :) The information is regarding Libby, seeking information about her killer. It is listing her birthday, birth place and other pertinent details.
Wow, I feel like a moron. I should’ve read that instead of skimming it. :confused:
Thank you for pointing all of that out!

Was it ever said why he stepped down?

Was it ever said why he stepped down?

From that first article I included in my post:

Robert Ives' wife said he will step down at the end of the year for a variety of personal reasons.

"It just seemed like a good time to do it and I chose to do it," Ives told WLFI in West Lafayette, which first reported the news.

Ives was first appointed prosecutor in 1987. He went through a volley of election wins and losses over the years, but most recently has been the prosecutor for Carroll County going on seven years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158